• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

i used bootstrap to install BW rom, set it up then used bootstrap to reboot into recovery and flash Blue Black widow theme, rebooted and am stuck on the splash screen ...... and help would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

#2 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

what did you wipe before you flashed?

#3 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

because it looks like you wiped something you shouldn't have or didn't wipe something you should have.

#4 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

i installed the rom by doing a factory reset..cache wipe..dalvic wipe.. format sysytem... then installed the theme by cache wipe... dalvic wipe.... rebooted and stuck on splash screen.... how do i get it up and running?

#5 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

ANYBODY???

#6 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

i installed the rom by doing a factory reset..cache wipe..dalvic wipe.. format sysytem... then installed the theme by cache wipe... dalvic wipe.... rebooted and stuck on splash screen.... how do i get it up and running?

If you did the steps in the order you listed, you erased your /system after you installed the ROM. If you format /system, you have to install a ROM afterwards, not before. For all intents and purposes the "ROM" is the /system partition on these phones with locked bootloaders.

Edit: Re-read all of the posts and maybe I was too quick. Looks like you did have a working ROM and then flashed the theme with only a cache and dalvik wipe. If that's the case, then I'm not sure what happened.

#7 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

Shouldn't have formatted system for a theme. You got no system now dude.

Need to fastboot back to 174/181 using Matt's utility then start over. Just wipe CACHE ONLY when installing a theme on top of a ROM

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#8 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

If you did the steps in the order you listed, you erased your /system after you installed the ROM. If you format /system, you have to install a ROM afterwards, not before. For all intents and purposes the "ROM" is the /system partition on these phones with locked bootloaders.

Beat me to it! Gosh! lol :)

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#9 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

what i was saying was that i only formatted sytem before i installed the rom, while installing the theme all i did was wipe cach and dalvic.

#10 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

what i was saying was that i only formatted sytem before i installed the rom, while installing the theme all i did was wipe cach and dalvic.

Either way, I think your best alternative at this point is probably to do what _base2 said and use Matt's utility to flash back and start over.

#11 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

downloading it now, hope my battery holds up until i get downloaded.

#12 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Our just force a reboot. Has worked for me in a similar situation

#13 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

downloading it now, hope my battery holds up until i get downloaded.

Good luck bro. If you only did a cache wipe for installing the theme it was possible you got a bad download, although bad downloads usually don't flash but it does occasionally happen

[ what path? ]

[ sent from _base2 ]

#14 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

If you're battery gets too low shut the phone completely down ad you can recharge it with your wall charger. get it ro 70% minimum or you may not have enough power to complete the reflash.

#15 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

apparently i am screwed!!!!!!! i downloaded the matts utility held down volume up and down at the same time while holding power then i selected the AP Fastboot flash mode. Says data cable connected and i ran option 1 in the utility and nothing happens.....Says system cant find specified ...... Any help would be great.

#16 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

If you're battery gets too low shut the phone completely down ad you can recharge it with your wall charger. get it ro 70% minimum or you may not have enough power to complete the reflash.

I cant shut the phone completely down it wont let me.

#17 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Are you on an ICS leak? If yes, which one?

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#18 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

BW rom ICS, its 404, its not the leak , he has on the other rom.

#19 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

BW rom ICS, its 404, its not the leak , he has on the other rom.

It sounds like you didn't extract the utility properly. You need to completely extract it then run it from within the extracted folder. That will ensure that all the files can be found.

If that doesn't do the trick let us know

[ what path? ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

It sounds like you didn't extract the utility properly. You need to completely extract it then run it from within the extracted folder. That will ensure that all the files can be found.

If that doesn't do the trick let us know

[ what path? ]

No one should ever listen to this guy ^^^^^

He never knows what he's talking about and has been running around giving bad advice to everyone for quite some time now. He has been a nuisance that this site just can't get rid of for some reason, like an annoying disease that just keeps coming back. Like herpes. _base2 is herpes. That is all.....

LOL :) had to mess with ya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users