15 replies to this topic

#1 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

I am stock, not rooted, locked bIootloader xt926. I installed the new update that just came yesterday. Do any of the available rooting or unlocking tools work on this new build? I hope someone starts a thread explaining what does and does not work, any workarounds, etc
Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#2 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Some people have reported success with Motochopper (root) and others have said it fails.  All I can say is try it.  Motoapocalypse will no longer work to unlock the phone, however.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#3 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

Before taking any update, it is always a good idea to do your research in advance.  If you had any desire to unlock your device, that time has passed once you install this latest update.

As Sam said, there are conflicting reports on the root exploit, so all you can do is try at this point.  

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#4 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

I would not take the chance of bricking my phone trying out the exploit then. I will wait to hear official confirmation of what works and what doesn't.

Thanks!

Perhaps as time goes on a consensus about motochopper in this update version.

#5 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

I don't think you can brick trying to root with Motochopper.  It'll either work or it'll fail.  Simple as that.

#6 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

So why would motorola even care about blocking these exploits? It lets them off the hook for warranty so I would think it saves them money when folks unlock?

#7 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

I was rooted before the latest update, so I can not comment on that but you won't brick trying to unlock the bootloader post-update. It will just fail. 

#8 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I was rooted before the latest update, so I can not comment on that but you won't brick trying to unlock the bootloader post-update. It will just fail.

I've read it definitely will fail.

#9 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

I've read it definitely will fail.

See but now I got myself into flash failure and don't know what to do. Looks like I am starting my own thread.

#10 Andrewl62

Andrewl62

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:andrewl62
  • Google+:andrewl62@gmail.com
  • LocationMillbury Ma
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

I am rooted and bootloader unlocked. I am unable to get OTA update that was just released. Fails every time. How do I stop the constant reminders? or is there away to get the update to take 

Motorola Razr Maxx HD  XT926

Thanks

#11 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Not with that little amount of information.  How is anyone supposed to know what to tell you to do with "fails every time"?

• Andrewl62 likes this

#12 boscocosta

boscocosta

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

i had the same issue so instead of trying to go through the steps of un-rooting ( as using root keeper didnt work to allow the update ), and re-locking, i went into my TWRP and deleted the cache then booted back up and used TBU and froze the update.apk file. Going to wait until there are steps to properly apply this update AND if its actually needed. Like does it get rid of the annoying "background data disabled" issue. Does anyone have a fix for this? i've searched high and low with no true answer...

• Andrewl62 likes this

#13 Andrewl62

Andrewl62

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Twitter:andrewl62
  • Google+:andrewl62@gmail.com
  • LocationMillbury Ma
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

i had the same issue so instead of trying to go through the steps of un-rooting ( as using root keeper didnt work to allow the update ), and re-locking, i went into my TWRP and deleted the cache then booted back up and used TBU and froze the update.apk file. Going to wait until there are steps to properly apply this update AND if its actually needed. Like does it get rid of the annoying "background data disabled" issue. Does anyone have a fix for this? i've searched high and low with no true answer...

going to do the same ! just wait and see.. 

#14 boost4life17

boost4life17

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd, htc rezound

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:46 AM

You have to install the new update using stock recovery!
I'm a complete newbie but based on what I've read so far - that's your problem. You can use TWRP again after you update.
  • livinginkaos likes this

#15 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Never had the background data disabled message.

#16 nine5raptor

nine5raptor

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationMO
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, Nexus 5, Moto X

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

The only time I get this is when it is disabled due to my smart actions turning it off at night - something I deliberately set up. Check your smart actions.

Sent from my Red Swingline Stapler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users