#1 empoweredh22

empoweredh22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hi guys--

First post on this forum as I found you during a bunch of research this afternoon.

My main goal is to achieve group MMS messaging within the native MMS app. I have a Razr HD Maxx currently on 4.1.2 (9.16 vzw update). My main goal is to get group texting to work correctly, however that might occur. I've essentially been attempting two different paths to get to that point.

My first idea was to use the CM10.1 mms.apk file and manually change the other framework files that needed to be changed in order to enable the group texting so it doesn't freeze up every time anything to do with MMS happens. I found details about how to do this on Touchwiz but not Blur. I tried the TW instructions anyway but nothing happened. Neither good nor bad, it just still didn't work.

My next thought was to install a 4.2 ROM that supports group texting. I spent a few hours with Safestrap, but basically I couldn't get the damn thing to boot any safe ROMS....it would just go to a black screen. I could always reset it and boot back to stock fine, but never could boot into any ROM slots.

Here's what I tried: Initial run-through: Downloaded, installed app, rebooted, created slot, installed, and attempted. No dice. Rebooted to stock, undid recovery, installed BusyBox (I was certain my lack of BB would solve the problem), unplugged the phone from charger (at the suggestion of another forum), confirmed root was working, reinstalled recovery, downloaded alternate ROM file. Back in SS, I more thoroughly created the ROM slot, then wiped data, cache, dalvik, and system, then installed, then tried again. Same issue still. I tried the same procedure in slot 4 for $#!+s. I tried wiping, I tried deleting and recreating slots, I tried re-downloading ROMS, etc. I couldn't get the thing to do anything other than show me a black screen after hitting continue when booting from a safe slot.

A few things I noticed that I'm not sure are relevant or not.  The ROM's I attempted to flash were CM10.1, Vanquish Pacman, and Vitreous. Vitreous failed the MD5 check even after 2 downloads. On stock, my baseband version is reported as VANQUISH_BP_100730.081.64.09P. I'm not sure what it was before but I feel like it wasn't Vanquish and I'm wondering if something was actually done to the real file system? It still works fine, so I'm not sure if any harm is being caused.  When I try to wipe the data partition, SS says it actually failed. At first I just tried it again but I didn't worry much about it because I figured it was empty anyway (trying this between creating the slot and installing the ROM.) But when I browse although I can find the system partition in safestrap\rom-slot1 I have no idea where the data partition even goes...I can't find it anywhere to wipe manually.

So SS is baffling to me. I'm sure a few files could be modified relatively easily to bring group texting to 4.1 but I'm not sure how to do it. Both my solutions are giant fails right now. Anyone have any ideas to help me?

Thank you!!

#2 sujaanj

sujaanj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Safestrap is a no-go on most non-stock-based ROMs out right now. A bootloader unlock was released for the HD back in April. Do your research, unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery, flash CM10.1, and enjoy.

#3 empoweredh22

empoweredh22

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

I did it! I unlocked! I can't tell you how scary it was while Motopocolypse was working but I did it! I'm nandroiding now for the first time on my beloved razr hd! The warning messages are far more dire than anything I was used to on my Gnex, Xoom, or og droid so I was petrified....but thanks for the encouragement haha. CM10 here I come!

• neckchop likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users