:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

I'm on the .79 right now. I really don't want to wait any longer for the OTA. Thinking about going ahead and flashing .206. Idk though. My only reason not to is the idea that the soak will begin the second I flash it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#2 dipsetdiplomat

dipsetdiplomat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

There nothing really different between the builds. If I still had the option to fastboot, I'd stay on .79.

#3 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

Just stick with .79.... I was stuck on .84 on my og RAZR but my new Max is on .79
There is really no difference except that the battery actually reports correctly on 79

#4 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:32 PM

See what roms are available on .79 and flash one of them. IMO any rom is better than stock even with data issues

Sent from my ICS Leak RAZR
Posted Image

#5 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

I actually really like ICS stock. I'm a true crackflasher but I have to have a stable ROM. Plus this phone already has data issues. Warranty swap time!

Sent from my beautiful (zombifiable) delicious Ice Cream RAZR Maxx

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#6 jamRwoo

jamRwoo

Iconoclast

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter:jamRwoo

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I feel the same. The Bold Adventurer in me wants to install the latest and greatest, the OCD-Nerd part of me wants to compare .206 and .79 to make an informed decision, while my Cautious Cat (and b419kid :D) advises me to play it safe.

hmm.

Unless such a changelog exists, I'm about to go ahead with flashing .79. DATA-ON-BOOT GOD PLEASE!
I like big hairy Vantenhickserkeists in diapers.

#7 daddymikey1975

daddymikey1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

I feel the same. The Bold Adventurer in me wants to install the latest and greatest, the OCD-Nerd part of me wants to compare .206 and .79 to make an informed decision, while my Cautious Cat (and b419kid :D) advises me to play it safe.

hmm.

Unless such a changelog exists, I'm about to go ahead with flashing .79. DATA-ON-BOOT GOD PLEASE!

I'm on .79 only because I like the failsafe that fastboot provides.

I also went through all of the ICS leak ROMs this weekend. I finally settled on dhacker's AOKP build. Data on boot (w/ all 4G's).. very stable connection whether it's wifi or 4G.. lots of customizations/tweaks/options..

Try them all and see what works for you.. For now, I'd stay away from anything that's not fastbootable backwards (if we need to) but that's just me.

#8 willjohnson

willjohnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSavannah, Georgia

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

Just stick with .79.... I was stuck on .84 on my og RAZR but my new Max is on .79
There is really no difference except that the battery actually reports correctly on 79

No the battery does not... I am on .79 now and stay at 100 percent all day, no matter what ROM, I have tried all three available for the leaks.

Sent from my ICS Razr

#9 biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Google+:biggiesmalls657@gmail.com
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

No the battery does not... I am on .79 now and stay at 100 percent all day, no matter what ROM, I have tried all three available for the leaks.

Sent from my ICS Razr

I find that when flashing roms its best not only to wipe caches and data but /pds. just an experience share.

#10 daddymikey1975

daddymikey1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:53 AM

I find that when flashing roms its best not only to wipe caches and data but /pds. just an experience share.

what's in /pds and what does it solve by wiping it as well ?

I've never heard of this before and been an android user for years

#11 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Sent from my ICS Razr

Says who, I've been on 79 for over a wk and my battery reports juts fine. I've even flashed multiple builds from Dhacker of his CM9 builds, flashed AOKP this morning and had also done Black Widow earlier in the wk and they all report battery like they should.

#12 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'm on the .79 right now. I really don't want to wait any longer for the OTA. Thinking about going ahead and flashing .206. Idk though. My only reason not to is the idea that the soak will begin the second I flash it.

IMO stay on 79, the newer 20x and higher are not much better then the 79 you are on. And at least with 79 you can still fastboot and be on path for OTA. Yeah everyone says they will be fine but they don't know that for certain. Moto likes to play games with us pulling these leaks so to think everyone will be able to get on path when OTA hits is NOT a given fact they will be able to be back on path.

#13 Kirbnite

Kirbnite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

I actually really like ICS stock. I'm a true crackflasher but I have to have a stable ROM. Plus this phone already has data issues. Warranty swap time!

Sent from my beautiful (zombifiable) delicious Ice Cream RAZR Maxx

Wow, i'm having issues with a phone, that I manipulated, which includes changing radio files when flashing. Now i'm going to fraudulently have my phone replaced via warranty instead of taking responsibility for my actions. Morons....

#14 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

You have some issues dude. Coming on a forum calling people morons. You must feel very tough. This is the reason for a warranty. When your phone has an issue you return it. To me it's very smart. But thanks everyone else for your great input. I've decided tomorrow when I get the replacement that I'm going to try spchicks rom

#15 Kirbnite

Kirbnite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:48 AM

You have some issues dude. Coming on a forum calling people morons. You must feel very tough. This is the reason for a warranty. When your phone has an issue you return it. To me it's very smart. But thanks everyone else for your great input. I've decided tomorrow when I get the replacement that I'm going to try spchicks rom

Do I feel tough? Lol, no. I do know that that is not what warranty is for. Warranty is for a manufacturer defect. That is a side effect that you experienced from switching from one ROM to another. I will say, I probably should not have used the word 'Moron'. I do not know you, and it sounds more like you just did not know. I guarantee that you did not disclose the fact you rooted your phone and replaced the ROM files when you called in for a replacement. Your data connection issues are software related and not hardware.

• beeryooper likes this

#16 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

The fact that you think warranty replacements are there for you to modify and mess up your phone is fitting of the Moron description.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#17 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

This is the reason for a warranty. When your phone has an issue you return it.

Motorola's definition of warranty: "Products are generally warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of shipment, provided the Product remains unmodified and is operated under normal and proper conditions." As soon as you root your phone, its no longer unmodified. Your risk. Your loss. Submitting a warranty because you screwed something by flashing is fraud. The Devs and Admins on this site have made this clear across the threads. And insurance is if something breaks or you drop the phone. Again, not intended to cover flashing issues. I'd love to pay the $90 or whatever to get a replacement razr, but I'm not going to. Unless I drop my phone on the pavement or in the lake when fishing, I accept the risks of flashing.

#18 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

It's like buying a car and putting a turbo on it, and trying to get it replaced/repaired under warranty because I'm no longer getting the gas mileage I was promised....not at all what warranty is designed for.

It's fraud, and we're costing the OEMs and carriers extra money by getting replacements when we break something, which is why they're cracking down on bootloaders so much in an attempt to stop stuff like this from happening.

#19 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

The fact that you think warranty replacements are there for you to modify and mess up your phone is fitting of the Moron description.

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Sadly, I don't think he is a moron. I think going into this, he, like many others, do things they wouldnt normally do to an expensive electronic item because they have the warranty to fall back on. People that play the 'system' tend to be fairly crafty and only play 'dumb' as an excuse.

The way he worded his post saying that he needed a stable rom and THEN threw in that he was supposedly having data issues too shows excuses (I believe the data issues were because of his flashing in the first place).

Thats like saying "My new car radio doesnt seem to play all my cd's that i've made on my home computer so i'm going to return it! Oh and yea the transmission doesn't go into 3rd gear or higher, eh no biggie there though"

If Verizon/Motorola/etc ever become more strict on checking phones that they receive on warranty replacements, I bet people (except the ones that do research, know what they are doing, or are daredevils and will do it regardless) will be less apt to toy with their phones.

Just my opinion :)

#20 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

Dunno why you guys bitc$%#g about. All the phones who are soft bricked and replaced by Verizon get sent back to Motorola. Motorola will inspect the phone if any hardware malfunction then return phone to stock. Then sends it back to Verizon to be used as a FRU. Yes it's lots of work and money spending for Motorola and Verizon but its part of business. When I worked in the cellphone business, I've seen many customers don't know how to turn on their phones. Imagine those customers calling Verizon cs. Verizon would send them a replacement and take their working unit and pass it along as a FRU.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users