#1 ajm144k

ajm144k

n00b

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

• volume up key is bent, so it is constantly pressed down
  • screen digitizer is toasted and the screen registers no touch (only shows a green-tinted display)
  • rooted, unlocked, usb debugging was not set to ON before the phone got borked

so how can i get into the bootloader so i can flash clean/wipe and sell this for parts? i can get into the first screen (by pressing power button + volume buttons and it gets there) but when i press volume down it does nothing (guessing since the volume up key is constantly being pressed).

this ones got me tricked.... so far.

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

If you are adept with small tools (and you have them) ... you may need to take the phone apart and fix the volume buttons prior to doing anything else...... :)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 ajm144k

ajm144k

n00b

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:34 AM

If you are adept with small tools (and you have them) ... you may need to take the phone apart and fix the volume buttons prior to doing anything else...... :)

funny you should say that. the first issue i had was only having the bent volume key. so i took the phone apart and ended up with the screen problem because of it (little rip in digitizer ribbon).

getting to the volume key is a lot harder than expected btw.

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

funny you should say that. the first issue i had was only having the bent volume key. so i took the phone apart and ended up with the screen problem because of it (little rip in digitizer ribbon).

getting to the volume key is a lot harder than expected btw.

Its is possible that more internal damage has been done other than a small tear in the digitizer ribbon..... since torn, it is very easy for it to create a direct short and bork the main board ..... or arc across the tear and cause untold damage..... that would be my guess.... but if your computer can recognize the phone as a mass storage... you should still be able to clear the internal storage and of course remove SD card to help prevent access to your personal info.....

... telekinectically tapping, tenaciously traversing the terrain...

jhf.png

#5 ajm144k

ajm144k

n00b

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

Its is possible that more internal damage has been done other than a small tear in the digitizer ribbon..... since torn, it is very easy for it to create a direct short and bork the main board ..... or arc across the tear and cause untold damage..... that would be my guess.... but if your computer can recognize the phone as a mass storage... you should still be able to clear the internal storage and of course remove SD card to help prevent access to your personal info..... ... telekinectically tapping, tenaciously traversing the terrain...

could you tell me or link to directions for wiping the phone when it is connected as mass storage? was under the impression i'd need to be able to have the phone recognized properly to use cmd prompt, boot into bootloader or recovery, and wipe.

thank you

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

Here ya go.... :)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[How-To]-Free-up-Space-On-Internal-Storage

• ajm144k likes this

jhf.png

#7 ajm144k

ajm144k

n00b

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

Here ya go.... :)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[How-To]-Free-up-Space-On-Internal-Storage

aaaand its connected as media not mass storage. for some reason motorola device manager wont even open (not sure if it may have some option to help, be nice if it actually started). have any other ideas?

#8 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

aaaand its connected as media not mass storage. for some reason motorola device manager wont even open (not sure if it may have some option to help, be nice if it actually started). have any other ideas?

Part of the problem is Motorola device manager..... try disabling it and let windows "see the device" .... even as a media device, you should still have access to the internal storage

jhf.png

#9 ajm144k

ajm144k

n00b

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

so.. update. i got an OTG cable which works perfectly, so i can now control my phone via usb mouse. problem is, i still cannot actually wipe the phone since anytime the phone restarts it tries going into bootloader mode (since the volume up key is stuck down), and then I can't make it boot into bootloader since the volume up key is stuck down.

i guess i could manually wipe the phone... might take a very long time. any other ideas now that I can at least control the phone?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users