Photo

[ROM][xt907][PORT][4.2.2/4.3] BeanStalk is HERE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
534 replies to this topic

#61 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

May I please have link?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You have to request to join BytecodeMe's hangout in his code kernel thread if u want a link.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#62 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

I don't know man... That's strange.. Haven't heard of that one before.

i get the same "system UI has stopped" after getting a text, wont go away until text is read now also on liquid smooth by dhacker, coming from clean fresh install, even tried wiping internal data, same issue

#63 BwingG

BwingG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Device(s):RazrM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

i get the same "system UI has stopped" after getting a text, wont go away until text is read now also on liquid smooth by dhacker, coming from clean fresh install, even tried wiping internal data, same issue

Fresh restore fixed it

#64 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

Fresh restore fixed it

what do u mean? Should I backup, and totally wipe everything again and restore? That seems redundant really because it restores the same data and apps etc...

#65 crashx2

crashx2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

Started running BeanStalk about a week ago, no issues, solid rom. Then this weekend decided to try the ReVolt rom. Paired my Bluetooth with no problems. Started to stream some music and ad soon as it connected the phone froze. I turned off the headset and the phone rebooted and got stuck in a bootloop. Went into twrp and wiped everything then re-flashed the rom, same issue. Repeated these steps two more times with the same outcome. Then I decided to restore my backup of BeanStalk. Now BeanStalk is doing the same thing. Went through the same steps as the other rom with the same outcome. Restored my backup of CyanMod 10 and everything works. I love these two roms you've put together but I've got to have Bluetooth. Any suggestions?

#66 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Started running BeanStalk about a week ago, no issues, solid rom. Then this weekend decided to try the ReVolt rom. Paired my Bluetooth with no problems. Started to stream some music and ad soon as it connected the phone froze. I turned off the headset and the phone rebooted and got stuck in a bootloop. Went into twrp and wiped everything then re-flashed the rom, same issue. Repeated these steps two more times with the same outcome. Then I decided to restore my backup of BeanStalk. Now BeanStalk is doing the same thing. Went through the same steps as the other rom with the same outcome. Restored my backup of CyanMod 10 and everything works. I love these two roms you've put together but I've got to have Bluetooth. Any suggestions?

And you havent had any issues with SMS? it seems it only does this for me when notifications are off

#67 crashx2

crashx2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

I have no problems SMS but when I reboot I do get "system UI has stopped ".

#68 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

I think I know what it is now, It seems when you check the box in Messaging settings to Hide incoming message and quick reply it works notifications come through.

#69 BwingG

BwingG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Device(s):RazrM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

I had the same or similar issue when I restored a BS Rom. I found errors again and 're restored and was all good after

#70 crashx2

crashx2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

I've now flashed BeanStalk, ReVolt, and Chameleon, all have the same issue. As soon as I try to use the Bluetooth the phone locks up, then have to boot into recovery to reboot the phone.

#71 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

I've now flashed BeanStalk, ReVolt, and Chameleon, all have the same issue. As soon as I try to use the Bluetooth the phone locks up, then have to boot into recovery to reboot the phone.

This is happening on just about every AOSP CM10.1 based ROM right now, even for the Razr HD. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#72 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts
  • Google+:pjgraber03
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 (vs980),Razr M (xt907), Galaxy S2(d710),Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (sm-t310), Galaxy tab 2 (p3113)

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

I thought I would give BeanStalk a try a tried dirty flashing it.  It booted up but it won't connect to wifi it won't to Verizon's service won't do anything.  I went back and tried a clean flash same problem.  So I think I will just go back to PacMan rom.  I have never had a problem with that rom.  I was cleaning my phone thought I might check out what was out there for ROMs but I guess I will stick to PacMan. 

On PacMan I have never had problems with "random reboots" it is hella stable and I have had contacts with the developer BKJolly.  He always responds with a solution to any question or concern I have about the ROM.  So I would suggest going with PacMan personally at least till they get the bugs worked out of this ROM. 

If anyone has any ideas why I was having these problems please let me know I messed around inside the ROM (with no connections of course) and it seemed like a pretty cool ROM

Donate To Show Your Support for Graber Roms

Currently supporting 17+ devices if you would like your device added PLEASE let me know.....pjgraber@gmail.com

#73 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

The latest build was synced with a bad CM10.1 build. Baseband was not included in the CM10.1 on Saturday (maybe it was Sunday, I can't remember), and all the ROMs that were based off this CM build had no service. Just flash the previous version of this ROM. There should be three versions in Tim's Devhost, use the second one. Also, DON'T EVER dirty flash a new ROM. You should only dirty flash updates of the same ROM.

Also, I've run just about every AOSP ROM out there right now, and never had "random reboots." Honestly, it always seems that it's the same people that are having the problem, no matter what ROM they are on. To me, that says there is a problem with their install methods, and/or they have bad data and they are not wiping correctly prior to flashing.
  • timpohladthomas likes this

#74 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

The latest build was synced with a bad CM10.1 build. Baseband was not included in the CM10.1 on Saturday (maybe it was Sunday, I can't remember), and all the ROMs that were based off this CM build had no service. Just flash the previous version of this ROM. There should be three versions in Tim's Devhost, use the second one. Also, DON'T EVER dirty flash a new ROM. You should only dirty flash updates of the same ROM.

Also, I've run just about every AOSP ROM out there right now, and never had "random reboots." Honestly, it always seems that it's the same people that are having the problem, no matter what ROM they are on. To me, that says there is a problem with their install methods, and/or they have bad data and they are not wiping correctly prior to flashing.

What do you make of my issue with the Privacy settings in MMS unchecked? I get that system UI has stopped, and it wont go away until I read he message, so it has something to do with the notification icon or text in the noti bar.  This does NOT happen on PAC, or Eclipse build 2 or 3.... I really love beanstalk and the new liquid smooth, but need that notification. I have tried wiping all, rebooting to recovery wiping again, clearing internal data, not restoring apps etc etc. I dont know what to make of it.

#75 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

Honestly, I don't know what to tell you about that.  I have that option unchecked and I never get the system UI problem.  Check your other status bar settings and also see if there are any apps that have status bar notifications.  There might be something conflicting.  

#76 CamoCustom

CamoCustom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

Honestly, I don't know what to tell you about that.  I have that option unchecked and I never get the system UI problem.  Check your other status bar settings and also see if there are any apps that have status bar notifications.  There might be something conflicting.  

I dunno, I checked it all. Even turned off the breathing noti icons etc. I mentioned it to Dhacker and he is pondering the situation lol.

#77 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Where. Is the link to bytecode's kernel. Looked everywhere and can't find anything related to it. Can't seem to find a post for it or any downloads. Someone help please?

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#78 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

I dunno, I checked it all. Even turned off the breathing noti icons etc. I mentioned it to Dhacker and he is pondering the situation lol.

Sorry, I wasn't much help.  

Where. Is the link to bytecode's kernel. Looked everywhere and can't find anything related to it. Can't seem to find a post for it or any downloads. Someone help please?

You have to join his Hangout to get the updates.   

• CamoCustom and nprevette420 like this

#79 pjgraber03

pjgraber03

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 482 posts
  • Google+:pjgraber03
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 (vs980),Razr M (xt907), Galaxy S2(d710),Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (sm-t310), Galaxy tab 2 (p3113)

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Do u have a link for the old versions of this ROM

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Donate To Show Your Support for Graber Roms

Currently supporting 17+ devices if you would like your device added PLEASE let me know.....pjgraber@gmail.com

#80 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Do u have a link for the old versions of this ROM

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

What does that mean? The link in the op goes to all versions available.

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users