• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#61 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Uploading a new package shortly, will update the link for the full package once it's done uploading. Thanks for testing!

No Problem thanks for sharing your work its brilliant.
  • SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#62 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,462 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Link updated to a new version of the Root Downgrade package.  This will work on the RAZR HD to give you root on the latest update.  Enjoy!

• rickw and zombiekc like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#63 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

I don't want to bother the op with this stupid question but after calling me names etc. could someone post a step by step specifically for folks who have never been rooted or unlocked and wish to use these scripts to get root? I'm on the the most recent .79 update. If I understand correctly I think I need to install RSD and use it to run the last script and not do the radio thing but I'm not confident enough in my understanding of the procedure to try it. I used to have a rooted tbolt but never had to use RSD before. I also don't know what the ... button is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#64 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,462 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

First, the OP is split into different utils.  The Downgrade Root script, as it says, is self contained.  Meaning you don't do anything except follow along with what it says under the link for it.  I guess I'll rearrange the OP to make this PAINFULLY clear.  But I thought i had with:

For those that lost root with the 9.18.79 update, you can download the file above and extract it.  It contains everything you need to 

But I digress.  There's no need for a step by step as 90% of it is automated and tells you exactly what to do at each step.  Literally, download the file, extract it to, let's say, your C drive, open the SamuriHL_Downgrade folder, and run the SamuriHL_Downgrade.bat.  6 steps to go through and each one tells you what to do.

#65 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,462 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

There, I updated the OP to make it extremely clear now.  Hope that helps.

#66 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Is unlocking impossible ?

#67 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,462 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

For anyone on the latest update, yes.

• zombiekc likes this

#68 zombiekc

zombiekc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for the info .

#69 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

There, I updated the OP to make it extremely clear now. Hope that helps.

I'm sure it was and is perfectly clear. A combination of novice status, paranoia, and incompetence makes it difficult for me to understand directions most would find clear. I apologize for wasting your time. I had hoped another poster would help. You've done more than enough just developing this script. Thanks!

#70 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,462 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm sure it was and is perfectly clear. A combination of novice status, paranoia, and incompetence makes it difficult for me to understand directions most would find clear. I apologize for wasting your time. I had hoped another poster would help. You've done more than enough just developing this script. Thanks!

Is it clear enough for you to try it now or do you still need assistance?

#71 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Is it clear enough for you to try it now or do you still need assistance?

It's clear now. Sorry for the bother.

#72 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,462 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

It's clear now. Sorry for the bother.

It's no problem.  I just wanted to make sure you were all set.

#73 gemro311

gemro311

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola HD Maxx

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:05 AM

Wondering why this method is not working for me..I've rooted this phone when I first got it..Tried and tried but keep getting a big fat fail. Was able to downgrade but nothing worked before ..step 1 or after steps 3- 6.. :(:(:(:(
Will try again after I blow away all my apps on my computer..been really trouble some and will be getting a new one on Monday..But in the meantime I miss my root.. :angry::angry::angry:

#74 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

What exactly is failing and what does it tell you?? Can't help you much if there are no details :)

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#75 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,462 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

Step 1 is experimental.  It even says so right on the option.  :D  If it doesn't work, you have to copy the zip file from the upgrade directory to your sdcard manually.  There's a multitude of ways of doing that. Easiest is stick it in dropbox and then on the phone export it to the sdcard.  You're saying option 2 to downgrade works.  That's good.  You say option 3 to root is not.  I can't help you on that if I don't know what error you're getting when you try to run it.  Did you follow all the directions that tell you to make sure the phone's in MTP mode and USB Debugging is enabled?  Are you using an OEM cable?  Are you on USB 2 ports?  I'm throwing out random stuff here cause your post has no information as to what the problem is.  

#76 gemro311

gemro311

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

As I stated before..My Computer is on its last leg. Monday can't come soon enough, but in the interim I have uninstalled all drivers related to my various Android
ddevices and will go thru this again..Thanks for your responses..

#77 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,462 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

Yea, the process has been run by quite a few now so it's fairly sound.  Once you get your PC problems fixed you'll have a much easier time.

#78 gemro311

gemro311

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yea, the process has been run by quite a few now so it's fairly sound. Once you get your PC problems fixed you'll have a much easier time.

It worked.. Success ¡ Thank you ¡ Donation on the way ..:D:d:D

• SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#79 gemro311

gemro311

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

Wonder if its possible to use the Keep Root part of this tool , if we get future updates ?

#80 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Should be able to.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users