32 replies to this topic

#1 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

looks like theres an update from .85 to .206 on rombot now.. could this be more proof that .206 may be final?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#2 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

looks like theres an update from .85 to .206 on rombot now.. could this be more proof that .206 may be final?

no

Sent from the bottom of my fart

#3 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

NVM dunno what that is :P
Posted Image

Founder and main developer of Team SpeedCore

#4 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

That's weird, wonder how they brewed that

#5 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Its from moto... it says signed by Moto-SignApk in the zip. Weird that they would do such a thing lol.
Posted Image

Founder and main developer of Team SpeedCore

#6 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

Lol they are geniuses. Do not question it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#7 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Just saw this on Droidforums. D4 ICS leak is 6.16.206

#8 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

I just figured if this COMES from Moto that means maybe we're at least on the right track as far as the new boot loaders or whatever it is that prevent us from going back to GB with .84 and up.

At least those stuck on .85 now have a means (with this OTA file) to go to .206. I don't think 206 will be final, but I do think that this updated OTA to go from 85 to 206 is a step in a good direction, no?
Posted Image

#9 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

.206 has been out for a while. So hasn't the method to upgrade from any other leak to .206. It's already been posted here by Matllgroff lol. You guys need to get out more :)

I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it's not ACTUALLY signed by Moto. Just made to look like it is so it passes verification checks when updating.

#10 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Just saw this on Droidforums. D4 ICS leak is 6.16.206

The razr and droid 4 (at least right now) both seem to have the latest leaks both being 6.16.206. I'm just hoping that they release the OTA soon, I'm still on the fence about going to .206, as .79 is starting to act up on me now.
Posted Image

#11 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

.206 has been out for a while. So hasn't the method to upgrade from any other leak to .206. It's already been posted here by Matllgroff lol. You guys need to get out more :)

I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it's not ACTUALLY signed by Moto. Just made to look like it is so it passes verification checks when updating.

I know there has been a method, I was just posting this, as it *seemed* that moto (maybe, maybe not) released an update to go from .85 to .206 - if it was made by someone else, then just as great (I'd think it'd make sense to make one for .84 as well). I just always figured that ota files such as these generally did/do come from moto, but who knows. Either way I posted it for those who were/are on .85 and wanted what seems to be the *easiest* way to go from 85 to 206 (since it seems some folks are getting confused with the method matt posted).
Posted Image

#12 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

This update was pulled from the moto servers. It's signed by moto not some voodoo trickery. My guess is that this package was created for the internal testers that were on .85 to go to .206 since fastbooting to GB to go back up to official doesn't work for them either unless they're on an unlocked device.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#13 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

This update was pulled from the moto servers. It's signed by moto not some voodoo trickery. My guess is that this package was created for the internal testers that were on .85 to go to .206 since fastbooting to GB to go back up to official doesn't work for them either unless they're on an unlocked device.

So based on that, that pretty much does mean that when an OTA IS released there won't be any (at least not supported by moto) way to go back to GB as many others have speculated? I still think that them releasing something for those who were on .85 (testers, or whomever) TO 206 is a sign of moving forward (in as far as their new boot loader or whatever it is that is preventing folks from going back to GB)
Posted Image

#14 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Do you think moto would waste time on building a patch to bring 85 users over to 206 if they're just going to release another version?

Odd it matches the D4 version as well, no?

Hmm... Just saying.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#15 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

I was thinking that too, although there's a couple glitches on this build still...

#16 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

It's moto, so who knows, lol. This is just making me insider flashing to 206 even more now, I mean if MOTO released an update to get to 206 then that would make me THINK that they plan to either release 206 (which Im sure is not likely), but worst case, provide an update (moto provided/supported) to get OFF 206 to whatever they DO release, am I incorrect in thinking this?
Posted Image

#17 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Is there a way to get back to .181 on a macbook? lol, i want to flash 206 now
Posted Image

#18 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

I extracted the download and it's Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US 363MB. Sure does look authentic.

#19 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

Is there a way to get back to .181 on a macbook? lol, i want to flash 206 now

Bootcamp a copy of windows 7. That's the only way i get rsd or matt's utility to work

#20 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

I extracted the download and it's Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US 363MB. Sure does look authentic.

thats the one for the droid 4, not the razr i believe
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users