32 replies to this topic

#21 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

Bootcamp a copy of windows 7. That's the only way i get rsd or matt's utility to work

im good for now, hah. ill have access to a windows pc later or worst case tomorrow when im back home
Posted Image

#22 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

<rant>
I really wish that people would stop posting files from rombot without them being officially released by a developer or site staff. There can be dangerous files we haven't tested yet we put on there and posting them could brick tons of people. In this case it is a non-tested update, but it could have been worse. In the future, be smart! If we wanted to release them we would.
</rant>
  • beeryooper, 2tealth and mixerpilot like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#23 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

I really wish that people would stop posting files from rombot without them being officially released by a developer or site staff. There can be dangerous files we haven't tested yet we put on there and posting them could brick tons of people. In this case it is a non-tested update, but it could have been worse. In the future, be smart! If we wanted to release them we would.

Meh. That's legitimate advice not a rant!

#24 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Is there a way to get back to .181 on a macbook? lol, i want to flash 206 now

There is a RAZR utility that works for linux/mac. I use it on my linux system. I will see if i can find the link again and post it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#25 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

<rant>
</rant>

Sorry, my bad, I figured since it was actually put into a directory and there for almost an entire day that it was good to go .. *slaps his own hands* next time I won't post anything I see there, lol :/
Posted Image

#26 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

The razr and droid 4 (at least right now) both seem to have the latest leaks both being 6.16.206. I'm just hoping that they release the OTA soon, I'm still on the fence about going to .206, as .79 is starting to act up on me now.

Have you tried wiping cashe and dalvik cashe? Could reflash it too. Have you tried odeox? That helps a lot. I have had no problems.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#27 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

There is a RAZR utility that works for linux/mac. I use it on my linux system. I will see if i can find the link again and post it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Thanks Im good though, Im at a windows machine now. I did find an older verison of matts utli that said it worked in linux and mac but i didnt bother downloading it.
Posted Image

#28 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thanks Im good though, Im at a windows machine now. I did find an older verison of matts utli that said it worked in linux and mac but i didnt bother downloading it.

Doesn't work on the Mac tho

#29 VillageIdiot6710

VillageIdiot6710

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:VillageIdio671t

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

I don't know what's in store but I took the chance and updated from 85 to 206. Things went super-smooth and I'm very pleased with thus update. I'm digging it!

#30 hddeuce60

hddeuce60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

I need stock build prop to install if anyone can help

#31 fallom

fallom

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

I need stock build prop to install if anyone can help

You do not need a stock build.prop in order to flash through recovery/fastboot.

#32 hddeuce60

hddeuce60

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

I tried and it fails

#33 VillageIdiot6710

VillageIdiot6710

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:VillageIdio671t

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

When I installed this, i copied the update and the crc file to the root cache folder and then clicked on the update. When i clicked on the update file it asked what program to use to complete the operation... use rom manager (free version). It will boot to recovery and .. this assumes that have installed rom manager. Also, much like installing the original ics leaks, you probably can't have boot strap installed. Oh and animation while updating is pretty cool. After updating i had to restore root with vodoo ota root keeper. Good luck.

Randy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users