7 replies to this topic

#1 cjfinn42

cjfinn42

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I've installed safestrap and have gone though a few rom now(ragev1.2 & Eclipse). I recently tried installing liquidsmooth but after install I only get a black screen with not even a boot screen. My question is how can I install this in my romslot-3 I know you need android 4.2.x to run it but i figured the rom itself would install it upon installing the rom. Maybe Im wrong but could someone explain how/if its possible to install a 4.2 rom(liquidsmooth) while still having 4.1.2 roms(rage&Eclipse) in my other rom slots? Please help!

#2 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

You cannot install liquid smooth with safestrap. It requires cwm or twrp which of course require an unlocked bootloader.

I am not 100% sure but I think all 4.2.2 roms available require unlocked bootloader and cwm or twrp.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#3 cjfinn42

cjfinn42

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Check ou this youtube video.. They use safestrap?? 

#4 cjfinn42

cjfinn42

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Also followed the instructions under the "issue" section in this link: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

about a black screen which is what I'm gettting and still no luck. Any help or insight would be most helpful. Thanks

#5 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Check ou this youtube video.. They use safestrap??

In this video, he is using safestrap but he is also using the RAZR not the RAZR HD. Different phone.

#6 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

Also followed the instructions under the "issue" section in this link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

about a black screen which is what I'm gettting and still no luck. Any help or insight would be most helpful. Thanks

This link is for the Bionic.

You cannot load liquid smooth on the RAZR HD with safestrap. All current 4.2.2 roms for the HD require cwm or twrp and an unlocked boot loader.

Roms are ported or built specific to each device and based on the devs preference so you cannot compare what you see others doing on a different phone. You have to stick to following the thread for the hd.

You are going to continue to get that black screen. Why? Because you cannot use safestrap for this ROM on the RAZR hd.

#7 cjfinn42

cjfinn42

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

Ohh ok I see now that I would have to use CWM or another type to install it. Is there any other good roms that are compatible with safestrap that are similiar to liquidsmooth? If so I'd like to try them. Thanks in advance!

#8 dmoore

dmoore

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

Ive flashed LiquidSmooth 4.2.2 with no problem except I cant receive calls they go to voice mail.I call call out .Status ,connected,thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users