6 replies to this topic

#1 jgrimberg1979

jgrimberg1979

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

I find myself going back and forth from one recovery to the next because of various reasons mostly because of different bugs that each recovery has.

Anyways to the point...

1. Download the recovery .img files and store them on your SD card

2. Download this app

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

3. Use the app and flash the image file that you want and there you have it. You have the new recovery waiting for you to use :D

Fyi I have not tried flashing the stock recovery image with this app as I haven't had the need to do so, but i don't see why it wouldn't work...

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Interesting find, but tbh, I can't remember the last time I found myself "going back and forth from one recovery to the next". I typically pick one and use it...? 

• shane1 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

I guess he's a crack recovery flasher :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• neckchop, johnthehillbilly, shane1 and 2 others like this

#4 jgrimberg1979

jgrimberg1979

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Interesting find, but tbh, I can't remember the last time I found myself "going back and forth from one recovery to the next". I typically pick one and use it...?

Because i would use one recovery to make a backup and then if I encountered an issue with the recovery later on i would try another but if i wanted to restore from a backup that i made with a previous recovery I would have to flash that recovery to restore and so forth...

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Because i would use one recovery to make a backup and then if I encountered an issue with the recovery later on i would try another but if i wanted to restore from a backup that i made with a previous recovery I would have to flash that recovery to restore and so forth...

You shouldn't run into issues with any recovery, except for TWRP 2.4. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#6 jgrimberg1979

jgrimberg1979

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:48 AM

LOL okay thanks buddy, i wish you were there to help when i had to restore via fastboot because CWM botched my system up when installing an update.zip and wouldnt mount my system anymore so i couldnt restore or do anything to the system partition. Anyways besides the point.. I am sharing my findings thats all.. i am not looking for advice or help

#7 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

LOL okay thanks buddy, i wish you were there to help when i had to restore via fastboot because CWM botched my system up when installing an update.zip and wouldnt mount my system anymore so i couldnt restore or do anything to the system partition. Anyways besides the point.. I am sharing my findings thats all.. i am not looking for advice or help

Sounds more like an issue with the .zip, not CWM, and I've done plenty of restoring through FB myself.  ;)  However, now that you know CWM is bad, you can go to TWRP. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users