3 replies to this topic

#1 bugman53

bugman53

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

I'm sure this has been beat to death but I have searched and could not find what I was looking for.

I'm trying to get the 4.1.2 update to my phone. I was rooted and removed all the bloat ware so when I tried to recover to stock and then install the update it would fail and I am getting tired of the OTA update popping up 5 times a day.

So I have been messing with it all night and I have unlocked the boot loader and rooted it but it is still running 4.1.1. But I cant figure out how to install a custom rom. What is the easiest way to install a rom now that it is unlocked?

I'm looking for a stock 4.1.2 rom to flash that will work with root and unlocked. I don't need anything special.

can anyone give me a quick step by step from here that a noob can understand?

Thanks for you time.

#2 bugman53

bugman53

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

I used matts utility to update and install CWM now I know enough to flash from this point. Although its running 4.1.2 so im happy. No to clean it up and go from there.

• neckchop likes this

#3 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Did you install a custom recovery yet? If not do that and installing a updated ROM is easy. To stop the constant message for an update use titanium pro and frieze the system updater. The new update will be available here eventually and safe to install .
  • bugman53 likes this

#4 bugman53

bugman53

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Thanks, I froze the update in titanium it seemed to stop the update. I installed the CWM recovery and its working great!

• RikRong likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users