11 replies to this topic

#1 DryKillLogic

DryKillLogic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hi guys, I have a very big problem regarding to the battery. Sometimes it doesn't charge or maybe it's full charged but It drops from 100%, 50%, 20%, 5% and then die (in a few minutes). Somedays it works well but the average is not good. I tried several roms , full wipes and I changed the battery. I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

#2 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi guys, I have a very big problem regarding to the battery. Sometimes it doesn't charge or maybe it's full charged but It drops from 100%, 50%, 20%, 5% and then die (in a few minutes). Somedays it works well but the average is not good. I tried several roms , full wipes and I changed the battery. I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Several things to look for:

• Its possible you have an App or Apps thats drawing on your battery
  • Example, GPS,Streaming, Music, Video, Tethering or Running Apps in the background
  • Possibly a Bad USB Port for Charging
  • You mentioned you changed your Battery or You mean you charged you Battery
  • My guess, this is going to be a search and find mission for you...

Or you have a Defaulty Phone that needs to be returned...

•  

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

You can also use the Utility

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to return to out of the box stock

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#4 DryKillLogic

DryKillLogic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

Several things to look for:

• Its possible you have an App or Apps thats drawing on your battery
  • Example, GPS,Streaming, Music, Video, Tethering or Running Apps in the background
  • Possibly a Bad USB Port for Charging
  • You mentioned you changed your Battery or You mean you charged you Battery
  • My guess, this is going to be a search and find mission for you...

Or you have a Defaulty Phone that needs to be returned...

•  

No, it's not an application because fails outside of android. For instance, it's charging in charge mode and it shows 100% but then when it boots maybe you get 48% of charge then you plug it again and in a matter of seconds you have that precious full charge. Sometimes it works for a while well and other times drops from 100% to 48%, 20%, and so on.

That's why I though it needed a battery replacement so I did it but the issue keeps.

Thanks "The persuader", It's a difficult mission and nowadays is a "Mission: impossible" lol

I'm trying not to return it because I've got to spend a lot of money because it's a international shipping that's why I want to rule out all possibilities.

You can also use the Utility

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to return to out of the box stock

I did't it several times. I tried a lot of custom roms, stock rom even ubuntu version :p. Something weird...not always but sometimes it turn off itself (but in the bad way).

Just to know, what is the average of use in your devices? (something standard....whatsapp, sms, browser) No games, no music.

I know, this issue is a challenge!!

Thanks guys.

#5 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

No, it's not an application because fails outside of android. For instance, it's charging in charge mode and it shows 100% but then when it boots maybe you get 48% of charge then you plug it again and in a matter of seconds you have that precious full charge. Sometimes it works for a while well and other times drops from 100% to 48%, 20%, and so on.

That's why I though it needed a battery replacement so I did it but the issue keeps.

Thanks "The persuader", It's a difficult mission and nowadays is a "Mission: impossible" lol

I'm trying not to return it because I've got to spend a lot of money because it's a international shipping that's why I want to rule out all possibilities.

I did't it several times. I tried a lot of custom roms, stock rom even ubuntu version :p. Something weird...not always but sometimes it turn off itself (but in the bad way).

Just to know, what is the average of use in your devices? (something standard....whatsapp, sms, browser) No games, no music.

I know, this issue is a challenge!!

Thanks guys.

Well my good friend...

It sounds like your phone has Problems with retaining Voltage...But in Maine we have an Expression when things come to an End..."That Dog Don't Hunt"...Meaning its time for a change...

#6 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Since you have replaced the battery AND have run the utility to restore stock..... try looking down inside your headphone port and HDMI port and SDcard slot..... you may have a piece of debris that is causing a direct short therefore killing your battery....... you can use compressed air to clean out the ports (which will in turn partially clean the main board) ....... its worth a try.......

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#7 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Since you have replaced the battery AND have run the utility to restore stock..... try looking down inside your headphone port and HDMI port and SDcard slot..... you may have a piece of debris that is causing a direct short therefore killing your battery....... you can use compressed air to clean out the ports (which will in turn partially clean the main board) ....... its worth a try.......

It worked with my Old Girlfriend...

A little Compressed Air won't hurt anyone...She had enough Wax in her Ears she created a Statue of Brooks N Dunn

#8 DryKillLogic

DryKillLogic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Great idea, I'm gonna give a try.

It worked with my Old Girlfriend...

A little Compressed Air won't hurt anyone...She had enough Wax in her Ears she created a Statue of Brooks N Dunn

That's the problem...it's brand new

What is the average duration for you? (normal use, whatsapp, sms, a bit of browsing and nothing else)

Thanks

#9 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Great idea, I'm gonna give a try.

That's the problem...it's brand new

What is the average duration for you? (normal use, whatsapp, sms, a bit of browsing and nothing else)

Thanks

Okay Champ,

I think its the Phone myself...Call them before you go to Verizon and get their take on what it could be...Possible Faulty Port/Defective

Now, Usually a

Heavy User...that said...12 to 14 Hours...

That's 4 to 5 running Widgets, Syncing Emails, Full Power Screen everything that would Kill a Battery in a Heart Beat...

Meaning, GPS, Emails, Web, Incoming Calls, Outgoing

Moderate usage...

23 Hours Plus...same as above

Apps...

I think I have between 135-150 Apps on my phone which I use Often some more than others...

SMS...

Incoming/Outgoing the average is 75 to 100...Approx 47 on the Outgoing...

#10 DryKillLogic

DryKillLogic

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:41 AM

There's a little problem...I'm not from USA :p . I bought the cellphone in China and I live in Argentina that's why I'm trying to fix it by myself before send it back.

The last question ,is  the stats you gave related to my model (razr) or yours (razr maxx)?.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!.

#11 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

If all the afore mentioned "stuff" didn't work then I would say the main board has gone bad...... now you can in fact order only a main board and replace it yourself...... but considering the cost and time (and likelyhood of "human error") I would say that sending it in and get a replacement is about your only option......

... telekinetically tapped, tenaciously traversing the terrain ...

• The Persuader likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#12 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

There's a little problem...I'm not from USA :p . I bought the cellphone in China and I live in Argentina that's why I'm trying to fix it by myself before send it back.
The last question ,is  the stats you gave related to my model (razr) or yours (razr maxx)?.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help!.

My Phone is the Maxx...

Hey,
Wouldn't Know it...Were All Living under One  Big Umbrella my friend...Isn't that Awesome!!! 
Getting ready soon to purchase a Phone...Hmmmm, I think I will buy it in Brazil...Just reaching out there... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users