53 replies to this topic

#21 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Note 3 is coming soon. Or grab the S4. Hell of a phone!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

One issue that most would consider insignificant prevented my purchase of gs4: I love Lightflow & enjoy setting my own led colors for each app or email. On gs4 use of lightflow requires permissions that turn on talk back and you cannot shut it off. I won't buy a phone that I cannot use lightflow or that lacks leds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#22 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

One issue that most would consider insignificant prevented my purchase of gs4: I love Lightflow & enjoy setting my own led colors for each app or email. On gs4 use of lightflow requires permissions that turn on talk back and you cannot shut it off. I won't buy a phone that I cannot use lightflow or that lacks leds.

Well it doesn't lack LEDs, just the ability to change the colors. Which in my opinion only, seems a little overboard as a reason to not buy such an amazing phone. I understand changing the colors for different notifications but you have a statusbar with notification icons in there for a reason

#23 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta[/quote][quote name="BDH" post="326840" timestamp="1374964987"]
I have been eyeing the s4 looks pretty epic. One thing i am curious about is how the sick battery compares to the Razr maxx hd as far as real life usage and application. Obviously the mah differs. Any thoughts?

#24 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

I have been eyeing the s4 looks pretty epic. One thing i am curious about is how the sick battery compares to the Razr maxx hd as far as real life usage and application. Obviously the mah differs. Any thoughts?

#25 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

The battery on the Maxx HD is essentially an extended life battery. The stock battery on the S4 is not, therefore battery life on the Maxx HD will obviously be better. However, with an extended life battery on the S4, the Maxx HD doesn't even compare. Like you said, the mAh is obviously different so of course you're going to get more battery out of the stock Maxx HD than you will the stock S4. However, it's an inaccurate competition since that would be like putting an extended life battery against a stock battery. Not a fair comparison. I have a 5200mAh battery for my S4, yes it adds some bulk, but I can definitely go 2+ days on just one full charge.

#26 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

Not to mention you would be going from a dual core processor at 1.5gHz (i think) to a quad core processor at 1.9gHz. Bigger screen, true 1080p display, 2GB RAM, 13MP camera and so many more hardware features make the S4 dominate any other phone currently on Verizon.

#27 shane1

shane1

Droid Elite

• 1,596 posts
  • Twitter:1shane15
  • Google+:shanebarone1@gmail.com (gtalk/hangouts)
  • Locationny
  • Current Device(s):Gen 2 Moto X,2015 Moto X Pure,N9, N7,& N6

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

You got stock in Sammy? You sound like a salesman lol

Posted Image
sig made by

Rinkle McBally

#28 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

You got stock in Sammy? You sound like a salesman lol

I should invest! Lol

• shane1 likes this

#29 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Well it doesn't lack LEDs, just the ability to change the colors. Which in my opinion only, seems a little overboard as a reason to not buy such an amazing phone. I understand changing the colors for different notifications but you have a statusbar with notification icons in there for a reason

I warned u it would seem silly to 99% of users. I fell in love with it in my og droid. Used it on my tbolt but was mad it only had 3 colors. Won't buy another phone without it. Sort of like a one issue voter (which I'm not but many voters are)

Status bar does no good with screen off. Some colors tell me to open right away... others only if I feel like it. I may be the only android user on earth who feels so strongly about this.

#30 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Not to mention you would be going from a dual core processor at 1.5gHz (i think) to a quad core processor at 1.9gHz. Bigger screen, true 1080p display, 2GB RAM, 13MP camera and so many more hardware features make the S4 dominate any other phone currently on Verizon.

I totally agree with your battery comparison but i guess I'm wondering which phone eats the battery the fastest regardless of capacity. Which would be a hard thing to compare obviously. But would the great hardware on the s4 be a negative compared to the hardware on the hd as far as battery life goes? I saw there is a slim 3000 mah battery for the s4. How do u think that would compare with the maxx hd?

#31 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Is the temperature gauge pretty cool? Also can it do audio out through usb like with a car dock? How are the roms for it so far? Does everything work? (Hdmi?) Thanks for your info btw. Been googling this stuff all day it's nice to just ask a question and get an answer

#32 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

I totally agree with your battery comparison but i guess I'm wondering which phone eats the battery the fastest regardless of capacity. Which would be a hard thing to compare obviously. But would the great hardware on the s4 be a negative combated to the hardware on the hd as far as battery life goes? I saw there is a slim 3000 mah battery for the s4. How do u think that would compare with the maxx hd?

I don't think the hardware negatively effects the battery at all. A 3000mAh battery on an S4 would definitely beat out a Max HD. That is just my opinion though.

#33 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Is the temperature gauge pretty cool? Also can it do audio out through usb like with a car dock? How are the roms for it so far? Does everything work? (Hdmi?) Thanks for your info btw. Been googling this stuff all day it's nice to just ask a question and get an answer

Temperature gauge is cool, not extremely accurate as phone temperatures play a role in the results but it gives you a fairly accurate estimate. Not sure about audio through USB as I haven't tried it yet. I think that would depend on if the the car is capable of USB audio in. Everything works on every ROM. Only thing that has been having an issue is GPS which is now fixed on most ROMs.

One of the best features of this phone is the IR Blaster. I no longer use my TV or BluRay player remotes. Just my phone :)

#34 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Temperature gauge is cool, not extremely accurate as phone temperatures play a role in the results but it gives you a fairly accurate estimate. Not sure about audio through USB as I haven't tried it yet. I think that would depend on if the the car is capable of USB audio in. Everything works on every ROM. Only thing that has been having an issue is GPS which is now fixed on most ROMs.

One of the best features of this phone is the IR Blaster. I no longer use my TV or BluRay player remotes. Just my phone :)

Can you program a series of the actions into the IR blaster?

#35 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Can you program a series of the actions into the IR blaster?

Not sure what you mean.

#36 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

To get picture in picture on my samsung tv requires a series of 5 keypresses. I can program my universal remote to do that. Can IR Blaster?

#37 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

To get picture in picture on my samsung tv requires a series of 5 keypresses. I can program my universal remote to do that. Can IR Blaster?

No idea. Never heard of 5 key presses for PIP. Usually just has 1. I never use it so I don't know.

#38 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:02 PM

Lmao this thread turned into Samsung thread Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  • shane1 likes this

#39 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Lmao this thread turned into Samsung thread Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I agree and it should... Samsung is putting out dominating devices, the SG4 crushes the Droid line, not to mention the Note 3 will have Consumers saying Moto-what? When it is time to launch the new Moto line, which not to leave out the Moto X does not have room for an SD card, so it is basically it's a Droid Ultra minus the price tag and armor. And when Moto line launches it will be on 4.2.2 and the SG4 is on 4.3. Not mention but Samsung is also going to launch the Nexus 10 on KLP. 

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#40 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Sammy radios cannot compete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users