Love this ROM very smooth so far just wish I could turn off charge light

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

#22 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

Byte! Awesome ROM! Thanks so much! This is my favorite rom so far. I really want to make it my daily driver However, it has one problem that i have seen before... I use the car dock to charge and an aux cable for music and when u plug it into it the music stops playing and the system ui crashes and freezes. The only way to get music working again is a reboot. This happened with carbon and liquid smooth roms. One that has always worked tho is slim rom. I would love to make xylon my daily driver tho. Can u offer any insight? Is there a file i could switch around to make it work like slim rom does? Thanks.

#23 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

Byte! Awesome ROM! Thanks so much! This is my favorite rom so far. I really want to make it my daily driver However, it has one problem that i have seen before... I use the car dock to charge and an aux cable for music and when u plug it into it the music stops playing and the system ui crashes and freezes. The only way to get music working again is a reboot. This happened with carbon and liquid smooth roms. One that has always worked tho is slim rom. I would love to make xylon my daily driver tho. Can u offer any insight? Is there a file i could switch around to make it work like slim rom does? Thanks.

I'm just taking a stab in the dark here...When you were on Slim, did you flash the AIO package or only Slim GAPPs?  One of the things that distinguishes Slim are the AIO packs.  They contain a lot more things than the normal GAPPs pack.  I don't know it there's actually anything in there to make the dock work, but there might be.  Like I said, I'm just guessing here.  

• geekabilly likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#24 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

Love this ROM very smooth so far just wish I could turn off charge light

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 2

It should be in settings-display-battery light thats where mine is.....

• BytecodeMe likes this

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#25 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:20 AM

Is there an OTA feature in this ROM for updates, or do we have to check back periodically to see if there is an update?

#26 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Is there an OTA feature in this ROM for updates, or do we have to check back periodically to see if there is an update?

Check back periodically.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#27 kriskokd

kriskokd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

Not sure what Im doing wrong but i cant get this ROM to boot. Wiped, formatted, spun around four times and did three squats. Still nothing. Any insight would be much appreciated

#28 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

I'm just taking a stab in the dark here...When you were on Slim, did you flash the AIO package or only Slim GAPPs? One of the things that distinguishes Slim are the AIO packs. They contain a lot more things than the normal GAPPs pack. I don't know it there's actually anything in there to make the dock work, but there might be. Like I said, I'm just guessing here.

Thanks for the reply. I tried both kinds and it didn't make a difference. I think it is rom side because i have tried different kernels and that doesn't change anything. Maybe the audiopolicy.conf file. I removed it and it fixes the problem however then the audio won't play through the headphone jack, only the speaker. Any more insight anyone?

#29 chdwrk

chdwrk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Twitter:workca
  • Locationnear Buffalo, NY
  • Current Device(s):Razr, Razr HD

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Not sure what Im doing wrong but i cant get this ROM to boot. Wiped, formatted, spun around four times and did three squats. Still nothing. Any insight would be much appreciated

I can't help you but I have run into the same problem with several other ROMs, so don't feel alone.
  • kriskokd likes this

#30 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Is Bluetooth working 100%? On 4.1 ROMs it connects and streams flawlessly but on 4.2 ROMs I've tried, it connects but it's hit or miss if it will stream.

#31 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

Is Bluetooth working 100%? On 4.1 ROMs it connects and streams flawlessly but on 4.2 ROMs I've tried, it connects but it's hit or miss if it will stream.

Nope, same problems as all 4.2.2 ROMs.

#32 Warrior732MN

Warrior732MN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Damn. Alright. Been out of the 4.2 game for a while because of that. Thanks for the reply.

#33 jcorrea86

jcorrea86

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD xt926

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

alright... installed and booted up just fine... then I decided to try Vine, and it worked for like 2 clips and then system ui was crashing.  Forced Reboot and now it won't boot up.  Got into recovery, wipe wipe wipe, fresh install... won't boot anymore :(

#34 trebills

trebills

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix the BT freeze and reboot issue? Like a specific kernel build or something. I love this ROM but BT doesn't work and it did on the AOKP 6/29 Build. Not sure what caused this issue since then. 

VPYxJ21.png

#35 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Flash VanquishKittiesN38, should fix the issue... I don't have a link, however sad that is lol

#36 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Flash VanquishKittiesN38, should fix the issue... I don't have a link, however sad that is lol

Which is the reason I've kept every on of your kernels on my computer, since the first one was released. 

• BytecodeMe likes this

R. Long: Pixel 5

#37 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

How can I change the nav bar to black? I tried changing the setting in utool> navigation bar settings but it won't take. I'm sure that I'm missing something really simple. ...

#38 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

How can I change the nav bar to black? I tried changing the setting in utool> navigation bar settings but it won't take. I'm sure that I'm missing something really simple. ...

Navigation Bar Color Style, select Color.

• dragon likes this

#39 sfg

sfg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD MAXX, Nexus 10

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Navigation Bar Color Style, select Color.

It's not changing. Still has the alpha blend of the wallpaper. Style is set to 'color'. Only change that applies is the color of the nav bar icons.

#40 themrgoats

themrgoats

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hey byte any idea why the audio freezes and causes a reboot when plugged into a car dock on this rom?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: official, UKG, Xylon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users