28 replies to this topic

#1 opieum

opieum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

Is there a step by step process for loading the leaks? I have been searching in various forums and cant find the steps. I just came from a Samsung Charge so Odin and CWM were the usual ways of doing things there. I have seen a few utils but none work with the leaks I downloaded.I am rooted, other than that just stock rom. Looking to go to ICS from .181. Thanks.

#2 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Look in the development section for cdma razr. Look for .79 leak anything higher will leave you stuck with no way to fastboot back to .181

Rooted ICS 4.0.4 6.16.206.XT912

#3 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[It's-Fastbootable-Back-To-Gingerbread!]

Rooted ICS 4.0.4 6.16.206.XT912

#4 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

Is there a step by step process for loading the leaks? I have been searching in various forums and cant find the steps. I just came from a Samsung Charge so Odin and CWM were the usual ways of doing things there. I have seen a few utils but none work with the leaks I downloaded.I am rooted, other than that just stock rom. Looking to go to ICS from .181. Thanks.

Odin = RSD 5.7

I use Matt's utility more often than RSD anymore. If you're on a leak higher than 79 it's necessary.

CWM = either Bootstrap or Safestrap. Pick the ICS versions. The current ICS roms use Safestrap. Bootstrap still has issues.

ICS root

Follow the link wyld provided to install the 79 leak.

I came from a Samsung phone as well and took some adjusting.

#5 b419kid

b419kid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:20 AM

Or you could try this if you need a more in depth guide:

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#6 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

Not trying to be an a**, but you should take like 30 minutes and read through all the threads and pages in the development page as wylde said. Don't just jump into something. Take the time to read the threads and find out what issues people are having and make sure you understand everything. If you don't, jump into chat and someone will help.

#7 opieum

opieum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

I appreciate the information posted. I have been checking the various posts mentioned, I just wanted to make sure I was going about it the correct way. Biggest concern is bricking the phone.

#8 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Not trying to be an a**, but you should take like 30 minutes and read through all the threads and pages in the development page as wylde said. Don't just jump into something. Take the time to read the threads and find out what issues people are having and make sure you understand everything. If you don't, jump into chat and someone will help.

Seriously, these are too common with your posts. Why not help a brother out?

#9 opieum

opieum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

Ok so I have tried with the various threads to load the leaks. Followed all the directions in each one. In every case I either just boot back up to .181 OR I softbrick in which case I need to fastboot wipe using the droidrzr utility. I'm clearly missing something. I have had to wipe a bunch of times and then find myself at stock .181 and starting over. Any idea what could be the issue? I'm sure I am following all the steps but I am sure I am missing some detail not mentioned. Thanks

Are the leaks loaded with the stock recovery tool (which I have attempted various times with no success) or safestrap/bootstrap? with rsdlite or the droidrazr util? This is where the confusion is for me. Its not totally clear in any step. I have no issues getting myself out of a brick but just being able to load up any of the compatible leaks with .181.

#10 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

Ok so I have tried with the various threads to load the leaks. Followed all the directions in each one. In every case I either just boot back up to .181 OR I softbrick in which case I need to fastboot wipe using the droidrzr utility. I'm clearly missing something. I have had to wipe a bunch of times and then find myself at stock .181 and starting over. Any idea what could be the issue? I'm sure I am following all the steps but I am sure I am missing some detail not mentioned. Thanks

Are the leaks loaded with the stock recovery tool (which I have attempted various times with no success) or safestrap/bootstrap? with rsdlite or the droidrazr util? This is where the confusion is for me. Its not totally clear in any step. I have no issues getting myself out of a brick but just being able to load up any of the compatible leaks with .181.

All leaks built by moto must be flashed with stock recovery because they are essentially "unofficially official" builds....if that makes sense. Lol.

Bootstrap and/or safestrap are only good for flashing custom built roms and modifications.

Not sure what all you have tried or where you are getting stuck but here is how i flash leaks and have never had an issue.

Download the leak zip you want.
Make sure it is saved to your ext-sdcard.
Power phone off.
Hold down both volume buttons while powering phone on.
When boot menu appears, volume down to highlight recovery.
Volume up to select it.
When Android with triangle appears, press both volume buttons.
You are now in recovery.
Volume buttons move highlight to install update from sdcard.
Power to select.
Volume buttons to highlight the leak zip.
Power to select.

Sometimes the update will not fully complete and may show an error.....if that is the case, do not boot up. Instead, navigate to and select reboot. Or force a reboot with volume down and power button, then go back into stock recovery again and repeat the steps to install the leak zip. The second time is the charm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

#11 opieum

opieum

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

@

thanks alot. That info was helpful, However I am still running into an issue. I run the leak/s and I get the following, assert failed: mount ("ext3, MTD, system /system)
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any advice? I tried twice this happens during the verification process different leaks same results.

I did some searching on this and I am still looking for a solution. The only thing I seem to get is that I might have to install the ICS boot.img or something of the sort prior. I did that at one point and bricked the phone. Had to recover from that.

#12 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

Seriously, these are too common with your posts. Why not help a brother out?

wow. why should i spend 30 minutes typing responses to questions already anwsered by people in the existing threads? the reason my posts are so common is because when I started flashing stuff to my phone, I'd take time to read through a thread and posts and made sure I understood what I was doing. I didn't just start flashing then come on this forum and start asking questions already anwsered. if you want to spend all your time writing existing responses, that's your choice. seriously. if if means that much to you I'll start copying and pasting instead of suggesting people take 10 minutes to read something.

#13 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

wow. why should i spend 30 minutes typing responses to questions already anwsered by people in the existing threads? the reason my posts are so common is because when I started flashing stuff to my phone, I'd take time to read through a thread and posts and made sure I understood what I was doing. I didn't just start flashing then come on this forum and start asking questions already anwsered. if you want to spend all your time writing existing responses, that's your choice. seriously. if if means that much to you I'll start copying and pasting instead of suggesting people take 10 minutes to read something.

This. I was actually thinking of making another account and only answering questions with Google search results.

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

Because that's what we're all here for right?? To learn and to teach? Flaming posts and "go search" helps no one.

This. I was actually thinking of making another account and only answering questions with Google search results.

And it will get deleted and banned.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#15 robthefive0

robthefive0

Sarge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationN.J.

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hey, if it is such a chore and hassle to help people out and answer questions DON'T DO IT. Us noobs would rather not get a sarcastic answer like "spend 30 minutes reading a post so I don't have to retype it". I mean really, if it's bothering you that much then don't answer. This website is for people to help and get helped right? I've donated to this site because some nice smart people have helped me. Don't make us feel like idiots because we are just learning.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#16 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Hey, if it is such a chore and hassle to help people out and answer questions DON'T DO IT. Us noobs would rather not get a sarcastic answer like "spend 30 minutes reading a post so I don't have to retype it". I mean really, if it's bothering you that much then don't answer. This website is for people to help and get helped right? I've donated to this site because some nice smart people have helped me. Don't make us feel like idiots because we are just learning.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

My point is if people took 10 minutes to read a few threads first, they wouldn't need to flood this site with simple questions. I'm still a noob and still learning too. But i read first, flash second. I'm not trying to make anyone feel like an idiot for learning. I'm making you feel like an idiot for asking something that was answered on page two of a ten page thread. Its not that hard. I guess most people these days are just used to hand holding....

I don't usually tell people to just "go search". But i just ask that people read some threads before they jump on here going " i tried to flash and now my phone is broke help." If they read OPs and threads and followed directions, they would be fine. I've learned how to flash gb roms, flash ics based roms, and now ics leaks and i haven't had any problems our issues and after reading, haven't really had any questions. Most of my posts to peoples questions are "this problem is addressed on page 3" because i do want to help but if someone already took the time to answer the same question they should just read that. Ah well I guess i will just start copying and pasting not a problem

#17 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

You could choose to type nothing and leave less clutter in the threads.

These threads are meant to help. Even if its been answered already. It gets tiring hearing the typical, snobby replies that help no one.

It doesn't really matter to me, i know what I'm doing, it matters to everyone else that obviously needs some help.

#18 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

and really starting a thread like this asking how do I load a leak when it's already been discussed in 5 other threads is pointless. That's why i tell people to read first.

#19 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

You could choose to type nothing and leave less clutter in the threads.

These threads after meant to help. Even if it's been answered already. It gets tiring hearing the typical, snobby replies that help no one.

It doesn't really matter to me, i know what I'm doing, it matters to everyone else that obviously needs some help.

It is admiral that you like to answer repeated questions. I get tired of hearing repeated questions. to each his own I guess

#20 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

It is admiral that you like to answer repeated questions. I get tired of hearing repeated questions. to each his own I guess

Regardless, we're here to help to people. If you would have put as much effort into that, the question could have been answered my times over now.

This stuff needs to stop (yes i'm guilty of doing it before too). If you cannot answer the persons question, then don't respond. If you just have a smart remark, don't respond.

Either answer the persons question(s) or move on to a different thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users