Photo

Setting Ad-Hoc Mode Failed. Wifi Tether. Help?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 StealthFox13

StealthFox13

Gen. Member (Subject to change)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx (Refurb), Galaxy Note 10.1

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

What does this mean and how can I fix it? I'm on the .206 leak but have had the problem on otherleaks.
Posted Image

#2 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

idk but if you change the device profile to generic ics it should work

#3 twister250

twister250

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

I am on .79 leak and have had no luck with wifi tether. I've tried different combinations of settings and when I get something to recognize it at last the other device will hang at getting an IP address. Any ideas?

Didn't have issues on GB.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#4 benkild

benkild

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

Try foxfi, you can find it in the android market and it's free. When I was on .75, I had tried both. For wifi tether, I tried all of the settings and it never allowed any of the computers to connect. The devices saw the hot spot but never connected to it. Foxfi worked when I tried it, it was easy to set up. No device profiles to change. The only gripe I have is that I can't manually control who is connected to my hot spot.

#5 eugenix

eugenix

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

setting my droid razr maxx to "generic ics" worked. thanks. Also got the sql lite editor method to work as well.

#6 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

setting my droid razr maxx to "generic ics" worked. thanks. Also got the sql lite editor method to work as well.

Where do I find this setting? Where is device profile please?

#7 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

using SQlite to edit the 150 line permission under settings has always been what I've had the best luck with. It also allows you to use the stock app for tethering via usb or wireless.

#8 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:15 AM

Where do I find this setting? Where is device profile please?

Open the Wifi Tether app and press the menu button on your phone, then select "Settings."

Look for "Change Device Profile"

Edited by spc_hicks09, 01 July 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#9 ewehrmann

ewehrmann

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

I've got a rooted Razr running ICS with WFi Tether app. I changed the device profile to Generic ICS and I can now see the wifi network the app creates on other devices, but when I connect I'm only getting local access - no Internet connection. Any fix for this?[attachment=2637:_2012-07-01_12-32-45.jpg

Attached Files

#10 rnlcomp

rnlcomp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationS.E. Louisiana

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Download and install FoxFi from the market, it even works on non rooted GB and ICS.

Be patient after it fires up, it takes about 2 mins then that unidentified limited connection gets solid.
  • Pego99 likes this

#11 Pego99

Pego99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Go with foxfi

#12 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

I wish Wifi Tether worked. Its much more stable and faster than Foxfi or the built in hotspot

#13 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

I wish Wifi Tether worked. Its much more stable and faster than Foxfi or the built in hotspot

I got Wifi Tether to work with my instructions in Post 3 for KOA ROM, don't understand why it's not working for other people.

#14 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

I got Wifi Tether to work with my instructions in Post 3 for KOA ROM, don't understand why it's not working for other people.

I've tried your instructions several times with no luck. I've played with all the settings in Wifi Tether... nothing.

#15 benkild

benkild

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

I have just tried your settings from your post. They allow my laptop to connect to my phone, but it has no internet access. This is just my guess, but it might be that since your on the KOA ROM, there are areas of the system that are open when compared to a "stock" rom. I'm on the stock, rooted .211 leak by the way. Wifi Tether has never worked for me on any of the ICS leaks. The only thing that has work so far, for me, is FoxFi. This is just my opinion and more than likey I'm totally wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users