• This topic is locked This topic is locked
618 replies to this topic

#361 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto RAZR M (Verizon)

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

I have an Xt907 that I have root on with 9.18.78 and was trying to refresh and clean up as it was getting laggy. Unfortunately, since I restored the system data using titanium backup the device is hanging during reboot.

I am wondering if I can use the old motochopper process that included an image of the device to revive my device, or if anyone has other suggestions?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4

#362 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

I have an Xt907 that I have root on with 9.18.78 and was trying to refresh and clean up as it was getting laggy. Unfortunately, since I restored the system data using titanium backup the device is hanging during reboot.

I am wondering if I can use the old motochopper process that included an image of the device to revive my device, or if anyone has other suggestions?

It is a notoriously a hard read, but gives many options. It is for locked BL too.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• toddbecker likes this

#363 jorgejaramillo

jorgejaramillo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'm posting this just to say Thanks, the first post:

Really help me, my Motorola Razr M XT907 is now rooted. Before I can't root with the motochopper v. 1 but using the Motochopper V 1.1.2 is now Rooted.

Thanks a lot.

• livinginkaos, cmh714 and RikRong like this

#364 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

It is a notoriously a hard read, but gives many options. It is for locked BL too.

Thanks, definitely tough to follow.

I assume I want this:

Features for Locked users:
*RSD restore of 98.18.78. Via the VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-78-1_1FF.xml (stock)

Features for Locked & Unlocked users:
*Follow the steps & have all your apps (data) back without Titanium Backup.
*Update: added a deodexed & debloated version to flash before you restore apps/data.
Unlocked only:
*You can update to the: Avstralia Deodex Mod by ZaYAC for XT907 & take your data with you. Here is an alternate version of how to use the above. 

This is an easy way to do a (return stock to fix things that may have gone awry) restore to 9.8.1Q-78-1. Note: The system version shown in about phone depends on the source of your current system. 9.8.1Q-78-1 is the RSD XML source. 98.18.78 if OTA was taken.

Using the XML of my choice (instead of Avstralia Deodex Mod) from Goodies:

Latest XML is here 

Notes on stock roms:
This must be the latest, #2 on DroidDevList.
********* this will patch the hole for the bootloader unlock exploit with no way to UnDo!********
622.6 MiB17AEB8698BF28E75EE16DBA97A46165C Verizon US 

phone_model model="SM_JB_VZW_1FF" 
software_version version="smq_vzw-user 4.1.2 9.8.1Q-78-1 47 release-keysSM_BP_101032.020.32.78P"

Previous to above. #1 on list
617.8 MiB93F7319939F7FE8937707501915F7303 Verizon US 

software_version version="smq_vzw-user 4.1.2 9.8.1Q-66-1 34 release-keysSM_BP_101031.027.32.81P

Next previous. #4 on list.
618.4 MiB3F27364AFCB7C4A3723362DA6AC3F300 Verizon US 

software_version version="smq_vzw-user 4.1.2 9.8.1Q-66 28 release-keysSM_BP_101031.027.32.81P

However, the link referenced in Quote #1 says:

Start with your activated & rooted (vzw) stock (unlocked bootloader only)

What do I do if I am locked?

#365 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

You can drop the system.img file for the stock OS in the same folder and flash it and then root with the script in this OP.  That is where I would start.

• toddbecker likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#366 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

What if I just want to go to bone stock again (I have TI backups on SD card to recover with and could get root again via Motochopper).  Can I just use RSD Lite and one of the stock ROMs from Goodies (or Droid-Developers SBF)?

#367 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

You can drop the system.img file for the stock OS in the same folder and flash it and then root with the script in this OP.  That is where I would start.

OK, that is what I was originally hoping for.  I had done that before using Matt's Droid RAZR Utility - 

.  But I understand that doesn't work now?  How would I do that now?

#368 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Download the utility

then extract the files.  Take your system.img file and place it in the same folder.  Start the Run.Bat file.  It will automatically check the folder for the system.img and flash it if it is there.  Be sure to let this utility complete fully. 

• toddbecker likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#369 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

What if I just want to go to bone stock again (I have TI backups on SD card to recover with and could get root again via Motochopper).  Can I just use RSD Lite and one of the stock ROMs from Goodies (or Droid-Developers SBF)?

Why did you jump to goodies?

Stay on each paragraph or step denoted by:

***** Above is for locked users also (there are 5 more of these (steps))

The note is there to help locked users through the maze. I need blinkin lights!!

• toddbecker likes this

#370 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

Download the utility

then extract the files. Take your system.img file and place it in the same folder. Start the Run.Bat file. It will automatically check the folder for the system.img and flash it if it is there. Be sure to let this utility complete fully.

On my way to a PC now. Just to be clear, the system.img file you refer to is one of the files from Droid-Developers SBF?

#371 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Yes. Now just to be sure, your device is currently on 9.18.78 ?

From My S4 Dev Edition

• toddbecker likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#372 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yes. Now just to be sure, your device is currently on 9.18.78 ?

From My S4 Dev Edition

Yes, does that mean that I have to use 

#373 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

That's the one.

From My ASUS TF300 Tab

• toddbecker likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#374 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Why did you jump to goodies?

Stay on each paragraph or step denoted by:

***** Above is for locked users also (there are 5 more of these (steps))

The note is there to help locked users through the maze. I need blinkin lights!!

Because I am working at the limits of my mental capacity, which you clearly have more of than I do.  I thank you for trying to walk me through your maze, but I think I am going to try the straight restore as I do not have any interest in other ROMs at the moment. 

Thanks again!

• aviwdoowks likes this

#375 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

That's the one.

From My ASUS TF300 Tab

Thanks for all the support, system.img is downloading.  I assume I will be able to re-root using the method this thread was started for, after I restore.

#376 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Take your system.img file and place it in the same folder.  Start the Run.Bat file.  It will automatically check the folder for the system.img and flash it if it is there. 

Do I put the entire .XML folder, or just the disc image file?

#377 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Download the utility

then extract the files.  Take your system.img file and place it in the same folder.  Start the Run.Bat file.  It will automatically check the folder for the system.img and flash it if it is there.  Be sure to let this utility complete fully. 

Hangs here, I am guessing there is more to it than this.

#378 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hangs here, I am guessing there is more to it than this.

It appears that you do not have USB debugging enabled.... or you don't have the latest Motorola drivers installed.....

HD tappin' ..... hillbilly style!...

• toddbecker likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#379 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

It appears that you do not have USB debugging enabled.... or you don't have the latest Motorola drivers installed.....

Moto drivers up to date.
I think USB debugging was selected, but can't tell now as the phone won't boot.

#380 toddbecker

toddbecker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Tried using RSD Lite directly, everything reports OK, but phone still hangs during boot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ROOT FIX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users