Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

[SCRIPT/UTILITY] ROOT RAZR M XT907 for LOCKED Devices on 9.18.78

ROOT FIX

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
618 replies to this topic

#81 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

See what I did there ? :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• johnthehillbilly likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#82 aleyzonme45

aleyzonme45

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

yea already tried that I click start and it wont do anything I must be missing something somewhere sry for the dumb questions but everyone says the program works just not for me atm im kinda at a loss .....and this isn't my first time already rooted a thunderbolt a droid 4 and an iconia a700 tablet but this just isn't reflashing and im really stuck here the idea makes perfect sence I don't know why my phone wont just cooperate any other help will be greatly appreciated

#83 danetbra63

danetbra63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationohio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Ok...so what do ya do if you are bootlaoder UNLOCKED and you took the update? SU will not run and motochopper told me that I had already installed it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#84 aleyzonme45

aleyzonme45

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

yea so im def should be labeled as a noob my f-ing drivers where not up to date sry for wasting ur time im all good now thx soooo much for all ur hard work developing this software next time ill do simple steps before bothering any of u who already put way to much time and effort in to this project

thx again u guys r practically lifesavers :-)

• RikRong likes this

#85 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Ok...so what do ya do if you are bootlaoder UNLOCKED and you took the update? SU will not run and motochopper told me that I had already installed it.

You should be able to just flash a SU zip in recovery.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#86 danetbra63

danetbra63

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationohio
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

You should be able to just flash a SU zip in recovery.

I'm currently on the stock recovery.. That's the problem

#87 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

I'm currently on the stock recovery.. That's the problem

Ah, you just need to re-flash CWM or TWRP.  Then, you can flash SU.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#88 PomPWNius

PomPWNius

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:21 AM

Now that Im rooted, which ROMs can I install? Is this one safe to install? 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I read somewhere that its for 4.1.1 only so im worried about installing it.  I also don't know if Ill be able to RSD if I get bricked, since that was impossible on the latest ota.  

#89 pharquart

pharquart

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

You guys absolutely rock!

I'm posting a couple things here that tripped me up not because I'm complaining, but more for the sake of other noobs like me that find this thread and want to reroot their phones:

1. You need an SD card installed.  This was mentioned later in the thread, but not specifically mentioned in the original instructions or explicitly stated in the batch file instructions.  I suspect most people already have an SD card in their phone, but I didn't.  The process won't work without it.

2. I really like the detailed instructions on the button presses to get into AP Fastboot as well as the part in step 5 about reupdating.  However, they could still be more explicit.  It took me about 6 "normal" boots before I got it right.  In particular, do I continue to hold the volume down and power buttons for a while, or can I release them?  Do I hold volume down but press power momentarily?  I used to teach basic computer lessons and remember having to be very explicit with new users on what "control-V" means in terms of key sequence ("push and hold control, push and release V while still holding down control, then release control.")

And now a question: when I boot my phone now, I get a screen indicating that "SuperSU is requesting superuser access."  Twice.  Or, I get a message indicating the SU binary is out of date.  It seems to alternate.  The first boot, I'll get the request for superuser access, and I'll allow it (choosing "this time only", not "forever").  When I boot the next time, I get the "su binary out of date" message, and I'll click the "install" button to update it, and get a message indicating it was successful.  The next boot, back to the superuser request.  And so on.  Is this because there's a couple different versions of SuperSU on my phone?

I really appreciate all of the effort you guys have put into helping others that aren't as technical!

#90 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

When it asks for superuser access .... choose forever and it shouldn't ask again.... and go ahead and update su binary as well :)

... telekinetically tapped, tenaciously traversing the terrain ...

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#91 charlie309

charlie309

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIron River, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr xt912 and Droid Razr M xt907

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Great work and thank you for making this possible!  :D

• livinginkaos likes this

#92 modelyacht

modelyacht

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Great instructions...Thanks. 

Damned update hit me in Church...I was rooted and hadn't run the unlock tool yet.

Guess I need to learn about SafeStrap next.

#93 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Great instructions...Thanks.

Damned update hit me in Church...I was rooted and hadn't run the unlock tool yet.

Guess I need to learn about SafeStrap next.

Glad it worked for you. If you have any experience with TWRP, Safestrap is based from that only you don't flash over your stock - ever , you just manage your memory as slots to place other ROMs in. It is quite brilliant.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#94 17jon62

17jon62

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I have a previously rooted XT907, locked bootloader and took the OTA update.  I read and reread all these directions.  I have the files on my SD card.  I am connected to the USB with MTP and Debugging on.  In step 2, when I turn off the phone, it automatically reboots so I do not have the chance to press the power and vol down buttons.  I cannot seem to get to the AP Fastboot screen no matter what I try.

What am I doing wrong?  No one else does not seem to have any problems at this step...I even have 88% on the battery.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

#95 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,472 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Put it in AP fastboot mode BEFORE connecting it to USB.  If it's connected to USB when you power it off, it'll restart automatically.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#96 17jon62

17jon62

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

OK.  I finally got it in AP Fastboot.  (I was pressing the buttons with the case on.  Once I took the case off it worked; when I pressed power+vol up + vol down).  When I connect the USB cable, my phone indicates the USB connected.  If I click Enter, the computer screen indicates "the system cannot find the path specified".  I had previously unzipped the download and copied the extracted file directly to the SD card of the phone.  Once I enter AP Fastboot and connect to the computer, I no longer have access to the SD card.

I am sure I am making this easy process very difficult.  Thanks for your patience.

#97 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,472 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

You are indeed. AP Fastboot is for flashing fxz. I. E. Step 2. It has nothing at all to do with the sdcard and flashing the update. Follow the steps. They aren't optional or to be skipped.

Etched in blood by a katana

#98 17jon62

17jon62

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

I apologize for my confusion.  I thought I read the directions correctly.  This is what I have done so far:

• Downloaded Zip file and extracted (not copied) it directly to the SD card on the phone via usb cable
  • Ran the bat file from the external SD card location
  • Disconnected USB cable and rebooted phone into AP Fastboot
  • Reconnected USB cable and this is where I am stuck.  How does the RSD start automatically?  When I press enter to begin flashing, I get the "cannot find the path specified".

Sorry for taking up your time.

#99 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,472 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Do not run it from the sdcard. It's extracted to folder on your pc not the phone. There is a file in the zip that gets copied to the phone. Not the whole zip. Etched in blood by a katana

#100 public_anemone

public_anemone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr M, Motorola Droid X, Motorola Droid 2 R2D2

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

Thank you very much for this. This worked perfectly. Now I'm rooted and ready to go! :D

• livinginkaos likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ROOT FIX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users