• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#41 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:51 AM

Well, it took me all night long and multiple installs/uninstalls/reinstalls but I finally got 4.3 rooted.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• RikRong likes this

#42 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts
  • Twitter:@timpohladthomas
  • Current Device(s):MOTO X

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hey guys, Working thru some errors in building right now... Will post if I get it all working... Thanks for hanging in there. :ph34r:

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#43 biozombie

biozombie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationmichigan
  • Current Device(s):xt907

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

The GaPs link is broke just downloaded wanted to play

#44 stormeus

stormeus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Hey OP, hope you don't mind but Skrillax_CZ, one of the guys on the team behind the Motorola CM builds, is uploading some nightly builds here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also, GApps:

#45 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

Cool deal... I will probably close this thread shortly then and work on 4.3 ports instead. :ph34r:
  • hillmom likes this

PDbEXCr.png

Thank Zoo/Owain for my Awesome Sig! If you want to support the Build Server that helps keep OSE going, Click HERE!

#46 daws0n30

daws0n30

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR M

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

With Skrilax's build. Are there any known sound or data issues? That was the only thing holding me back from using this build 

#47 timpohladthomas

timpohladthomas

OSE DEVELOPER

• Developer
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

With Skrilax's build. Are there any known sound or data issues? That was the only thing holding me back from using this build

I was under the impression it was fixed... Battery is the only remaining problem... So I've heard...

PDbEXCr.png

#48 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

I was under the impression it was fixed... Battery is the only remaining problem... So I've heard...

Data not working for me on the latest release but everything else does. I use WiFi mostly, so its not a problem.

CORRECTION: Data does work, just not as strong a signal.
Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• hillmom and timpohladthomas like this

#49 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

For what it's worth, other than the coolness factor, I really don't see any advantages in CM 10.2 and several disadvantages. It doesn't seem to get as good a signal, its System UI is lacking, many features we like in the 4.2 model are missing or nonfunctional and the only really new feature I've noticed is the new level of security which makes rooting more difficult, breaks some apps altogether and is in general a PITA. Everything seems to be working - videos, music, WiFi, texting, email, the usual fare. Even the battery seems OK. No Halo yet, and getting PIE to work has been problematic. Yeah, I know, early days and all, but unless there are significant new features that have not yet been revealed, it's basically what we already have, only not as functional. Fun to mess around with, but I'll be going back to Xylon in a bit. Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#50 stormeus

stormeus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR M

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:10 AM

On Skrillax's builds, sound is working for me, and data seems to be as receptive as it was on CM10.1. Rooting is indeed more difficult but, if you don't mind using SuperSU (closed-source) over Superuser, simply flashing this update works around the root issue rather easily:

The only annoyance I've encountered so far is that when restarting your phone, the Clock app stops responding.

Personally, I much prefer CM10.2 because of the Focal app, because now we can make photosphere-like panoramas (one of the main reasons I wanted to use CM10.1 before finding out that it was a proprietary feature).

#51 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:10 AM

On Skrillax's builds, sound is working for me, and data seems to be as receptive as it was on CM10.1. Rooting is indeed more difficult but, if you don't mind using SuperSU (closed-source) over Superuser, simply flashing this update works around the root issue rather easily:

The only annoyance I've encountered so far is that when restarting your phone, the Clock app stops responding.

Personally, I much prefer CM10.2 because of the Focal app, because now we can make photosphere-like panoramas (one of the main reasons I wanted to use CM10.1 before finding out that it was a proprietary feature).

Focal is available for download separately. You can use it with any of the jelly bean ROMs.

Sent from my Droid Razr M using Tapatalk 4

#52 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

Focal is available for download separately. You can use it with any of the jelly bean ROMs.

Also the link you provided for Supersu is invalid. It's only 6k in size.

#53 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

Disturbing turn of events. There appears to be something very wrong with the effect the CM 10.2 and/or the rooting method for it. When you go back into TWRP and erase all to restore a backup, there is a problem with the \data partition reported. Backups fail on the data portion. Wiping multiple times, even rebooting into Recovery does not fix this. Interestingly enough, You cannot mount \data either. if I restore my stock backup, it restores fine data and all. Then I am able to restore my backups for the various ROMs I've installed. The data does not fail to restore, but now I am concerned whether this is just a false error or whether some actual corruption or damage is occurring to the \data partition. Any ideas here, or any suggestions on how to check and/or repair the \data partition? :wacko:

#54 jbaumert

jbaumert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

I had a similar situation testing 10.2 on my Electrify M, so your not a alone. I did the same, restored a stock, etc. I assumed it may have been a fluke.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

#55 jbaumert

jbaumert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

Just tried 10.2 again (dhacker 8/6 build). Found a camera error, so I wiped and reinstalled a stock/zip-aligned backup. I did not have any data partition errors, A so maybe it was a fluke.

BTW, I'm using TWRP 2.6

#56 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

Just tried 10.2 again (dhacker 8/6 build). Found a camera error, so I wiped and reinstalled a stock/zip-aligned backup. I did not have any data partition errors, A so maybe it was a fluke.

BTW, I'm using TWRP 2.6

The errors don't happen installing 4.3. They happen when you try to restore a backup.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

#57 jbaumert

jbaumert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

As I said.... I wiped the 4.3 install and restored a backup with no error...

• netizenmt likes this

#58 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

So you did... My bad, I just woke up.

#59 netizenmt

netizenmt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

Tried various ways to install this, from a total clean wipe to doing it over the 8/5 version. It either locks up or reboots, and I could not get a good root. Went back to 8/5 and all is well again.

#60 jbaumert

jbaumert

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

Crazy sh.. I am running an Electrify M. No root problems on that 8/6 build, just a black screen when using camera. Just curious, are you testing dhacker builds or other?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users