Photo

Ics 4.0.4 Update (6.16.208) - No Downgrading From This!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#181 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Not sure, its an older Netgear router (614 i think). It worked fine on GB...

hmm....well not sure what the issue would be, but you can't assume the wifi radio is broken when it works for 95% of the rest of us on 206. I'd maybe try doing a factory reset or messing with wifi and router settings. Might be a wireless B/G/N issue? I had to mess with my home router's bands to get my phone to work on it.

#182 JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY.

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

The Stock browser and Dolphin HD doesn't work. They will lock up the browser.

I believe Opera works but I choose not to use it cause i'm not a fan of it and their caching method

Man I spoke too soon. Lost flash by rooting and I'm kind of upset because it is everything to me. going to try to mess with it later and hopefully come up with something for people who love flash too.

#183 talkdj

talkdj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

nope i got live wallpapers and im on .208

Posted Image

Well hell, where's my live wallpapers, my MLB widget is nowhere to be found either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#184 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well hell, where's my live wallpapers, my MLB widget is nowhere to be found either.

There is already .209 ics leak out! Try that?lol or try .208 again with a fresh download of .208?

#185 talkdj

talkdj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:49 AM

Off I go into the wild blue yonder....installing 209. I hope I don't screw the pooch.

#186 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:erchew
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

hmm....well not sure what the issue would be, but you can't assume the wifi radio is broken when it works for 95% of the rest of us on 206. I'd maybe try doing a factory reset or messing with wifi and router settings. Might be a wireless B/G/N issue? I had to mess with my home router's bands to get my phone to work on it.

All I know is it worked fine on GB. No other changes were made to the router. So its something they did with the radio in the ICS builds. It's been broken since 181 (never tried the earlier builds).
--- Droid RAZR, CUTS like a knife!

#187 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

All I know is it worked fine on GB. No other changes were made to the router. So its something they did with the radio in the ICS builds. It's been broken since 181 (never tried the earlier builds).

Have you tried setting up the connection as a static IP?

System Settings > Wifi (word not the button)

While trying to connect to a network, press and hold on the name of the connection and click on "Modify Network'

Check the box that says "Show advanced options"

For "IP Settings" change from DHCP to Static

Check the IP address there and make sure it is 8 digits and not 7.

Should be xxx.xxx.x.x NOT xx.xxx.x.x

#188 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

Have you tried setting up the connection as a static IP?

System Settings > Wifi (word not the button)

While trying to connect to a network, press and hold on the name of the connection and click on "Modify Network'

Check the box that says "Show advanced options"

For "IP Settings" change from DHCP to Static

Check the IP address there and make sure it is 8 digits and not 7.

Should be xxx.xxx.x.x NOT xx.xxx.x.x

I will try this when I get to work... Thanks for the tip. Fortunatly, I'm the network admin at my work and I can mess with stuff like this. :)

I just tried this and it still doesn't work. It flashes "Saved, secured with WPA" and "Connecting" over and over and doesn't connect.

Edited by echew, 04 June 2012 - 03:40 AM.

#189 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

I will try this when I get to work... Thanks for the tip. Fortunatly, I'm the network admin at my work and I can mess with stuff like this. :)

I just tried this and it still doesn't work. It flashes "Saved, secured with WPA" and "Connecting" over and over and doesn't connect.

I know that DrNoob had this issue as well, we tried changing his network to WEP and still wouldn't work. I would say start from scratch and fastboot to 181, but (correct me if I'm wron) I don't think you can do that now.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#190 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

I know that DrNoob had this issue as well, we tried changing his network to WEP and still wouldn't work. I would say start from scratch and fastboot to 181, but (correct me if I'm wron) I don't think you can do that now.

I can't go back to 181. I want to say it started with .85 cause thats the first ICS I tried. There's something in the newer radios that is causing this. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

#191 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

New boot.img.p which is a patch for boot.img. They seem to have fixed camera issues from 208. Auto focus and zoom.

What's wrong with them on .208? I'm trying it out right now and they actually seem improved over previous builds...

Anyone else missing live wallpapers on 208? I can't find them anywhere.

Sounds like you froze something you shouldn't have.

#192 beeryooper

beeryooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

I can't go back to 181. I want to say it started with .85 cause thats the first ICS I tried. There's something in the newer radios that is causing this. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

You could try repeating this process and reflashing the leak and see i that doesn anything.

#193 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

I would tend to agree, but this is happening on 3 different routers (all the same model) plus this all worked perfectly well with this exact phone on 181 and prior. So something is up somewhere ON the phone. And they are just B/G routers BTW... :)

#194 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

You could try repeating this process and reflashing the leak and see i that doesn anything.

I've gone from 204 all the way to 209 all with the same issues. It started with 85 (which is the first ICS I tried). I even went as far as putting in a 181 radio.img and same results. So, this leads me to thinking its how ICS is dealing with Wifi at this point. :(

#195 eeraider

eeraider

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:rustyhamiltontx

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

I would tend to agree, but this is happening on 3 different routers (all the same model) plus this all worked perfectly well with this exact phone on 181 and prior. So something is up somewhere ON the phone. And they are just B/G routers BTW... :)

I had this happen to me running KOA on .79 leak. I had to do a complete wipe and reinstall and the issue went away. But yeah, It just kept going thru the connected, obtaining IP address, secured phase.
My label is wrong, I am still a n00b.

#196 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

anyone tested flash videos? i use amazon prime on my phone and it uses flash, also the website southpark studios didnt work on .79

How did you get amazon videos on your phone?

#197 dellenrules

dellenrules

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I've gone from 204 all the way to 209 all with the same issues. It started with 85 (which is the first ICS I tried). I even went as far as putting in a 181 radio.img and same results. So, this leads me to thinking its how ICS is dealing with Wifi at this point. :(

It's your WAP/WAP2 settings, or your wireless network mode in your router that is causing the problems in ICS.
Some routers mix around the WPA,WPA2,TKIP,and AES in order to hide it or prevent other devices from connecting.

If your security setting is WPA, then your encription should be TKIP.
If your security setting is WPA2 then your encryption should be AES

If you set your router to WEP or without a password and your phone still doesn't see it, then you need to configure your router network settings.

Your Network mode should be B,G,BG,BGN, or mixed. N only does not work. I leave my router on mixed to allow various devices to connect.

These are based on the assumption that your router is broadcasting and you don't have any filters enabled in your router to prevent it from being seen or connecting with your phone.

#198 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

I had this happen to me running KOA on .79 leak. I had to do a complete wipe and reinstall and the issue went away. But yeah, It just kept going thru the connected, obtaining IP address, secured phase.

I've completely wiped at least 4 or 5 times over the last week. Thats not it... :(

#199 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

It's your WAP/WAP2 settings, or your wireless network mode in your router that is causing the problems in ICS.
Some routers mix around the WPA,WPA2,TKIP,and AES in order to hide it or prevent other devices from connecting.

If you set your router to WEP or without a password and your phone still doesn't see it, then you need to configure your router network settings.

Your Network mode should be B,G,BG,BGN, or mixed. N only does not work. I leave my router on mixed to allow various devices to connect.

These are based on the assumption that your router is broadcasting and you don't have any filters enabled in your router to prevent it from being seen or connecting with your phone.

Thank you, I'll give that another look tomorrow at work. Funny, my home router was TKIP and it worked fine for WPA/Personal... Go figure... :)

#200 echew

echew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

I looked at the router settings and it only supports WEP (64 and 128bit), and WPA/PSK (TKIP). The router is set for WPA with a 10 digit password. So, I don't think its that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users