Photo

Maxx HD, Returning to VZ for replacement with unlockable one :)

Best Answer livinginkaos , 31 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

You can remove the root stuff with Matt's utility here - https://play.google....al.unroot&hl=en

As for the counter in Fastboot, that cannot be undone, however, there has not been any issues that I know of with that as the counter appears to be broken.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 crepiduse

crepiduse

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

I have the razr maxx hd,   it has been rooted and *#*#info#*#* shows rooted.    I want to unroot and make it show not rooted.   It is being sent back to VZ and they are overnighting me a unlockable one. 

What do I have to do, to get it unrooted and show not/never rooted?

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:27 AM   Best Answer

You can remove the root stuff with Matt's utility here - 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

As for the counter in Fastboot, that cannot be undone, however, there has not been any issues that I know of with that as the counter appears to be broken.

• crepiduse likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#3 crepiduse

crepiduse

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

Thank you.   The lady on the phone didnt like the "Build Number" I gave her,  I assumed it was caused when I used the samurai tool to downgrade/root it.   It has voodoo hidden on it with samuhl tool also,  how do I remove that?

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

The build number should not have any issues unless you had a custom rom on it.  If you do an FXZ with data wipe you should be good to go.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

What happened to the phone to make you return it? Because if it's just the fact that you updated it and now you can't root or unlock it, we don't condone that here.

I don't mean to jump to conclusions but that's what it seems like.

sent from my Raged S4 using Tapa 4 beta

• Gytole likes this

#6 PogoTheMonkey

PogoTheMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID MAXX Developer Edition

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

So this is a warranty replacement? Verizons replacements go out with the newest software. I know a root method is be developed but the device will not be unlockable.

• livinginkaos likes this

#7 crepiduse

crepiduse

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

The phone being sent is a old software unit.   The one I had was updated and it still power cycled 6-8 times a day, (this is what prompted the replacement).  The one coming has confirmed to be 9.16.9 which is what the Texas Warehouse "wkit" sku's all are currently.   I went through a C.S.R. friend of mine that checked and sent it.   Since the phone needed to be replaced anyways,  I wanted an unlockable one if they had stock of them.    They are currently still shipping old s/w f/w units out of Texas.

Might as well get one that is unlockable if I have to replace it anyways.  

#8 PogoTheMonkey

PogoTheMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola DROID MAXX Developer Edition

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

wtf thats cazy i got 3 replacemnts all new firm ware, i complained and was told that there all updated before shipping, and im a vzw care rep. ur friend must be in tech support. can you find out how he had the build checked before shipping?

#9 crepiduse

crepiduse

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

I can,  PM me and I will send what info I find out.

FYI:  Phone came in today and its confirmed old firm/soft.  Unlocked just fine :)

• neckchop likes this

#10 drumtrucker

drumtrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

i am considering getting a warranty replacement as my charging port is getting very flaky.  did I understand this correctly? that a replacement phone will be unlockable/unrootable?

Steve B

#11 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

You can root it but not unlock it if firmware is up to date. If you get one that isn't updated you're all set. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users