• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shobon

shobon

• Developer
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:shobon

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Excuse me if this has been asked about before, but I couldn't find anything about it.

I got my Razr a couple days ago, and flashed the .79 leak (since it was considered safe). Well my curiosity got the best of me and I fastbooted back to .181, then flashed the latest .209 leak today (by tossing the zip and crc in /cache then using rom manager to install).

To my knowledge, all the leaks that are being released are only flashable over .181, hence the name of the zip. If/when another leak comes out, is there a procedure for upgrading from one ICS leak to another?

Thank you!

#2 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

you have to fastboot the .181 files back (which will fail) and at least so far for the latest ics leaks you can use the information in these two threads to upgrade to .208 or .209 -- its believed (but not guaranteed) that you'll be able to use this to update to any further (and MAYBE even ota) updates, but again, no 100% guarantee.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• shobon likes this
Posted Image

#3 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Excuse me if this has been asked about before, but I couldn't find anything about it.

I got my Razr a couple days ago, and flashed the .79 leak (since it was considered safe). Well my curiosity got the best of me and I fastbooted back to .181, then flashed the latest .209 leak today (by tossing the zip and crc in /cache then using rom manager to install).

To my knowledge, all the leaks that are being released are only flashable over .181, hence the name of the zip. If/when another leak comes out, is there a procedure for upgrading from one ICS leak to another?

Thank you!

are you downloading the leaks right to phone or computer and then transferring? I'm trying to find someone that made it by just simply dl to phone without computer..it should work...I have 30mbs speeds...

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

#4 shobon

shobon

• Developer
  • 89 posts
  • Twitter:shobon

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

are you downloading the leaks right to phone or computer and then transferring? I'm trying to find someone that made it by just simply dl to phone without computer..it should work...I have 30mbs speeds...

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<----- :)

I've been downloading them to my computer then tossing them on my phone. I have a 4gb data cap that I don't want to waste downloading leaks :P

#5 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

I've been downloading them to my computer then tossing them on my phone. I have a 4gb data cap that I don't want to waste downloading leaks

no problem bro.. I use wifi even though I'm 4g unlimited. I also have throttle modded but never use it on this device since its fast enough and unlimited.. anyway thanks bro.. much appreciated for your response. I was just curious as I never hear of anyone doing it this way anymore. I always do but I know this leak or these are huge due to web top..lol

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,

#6 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

no problem bro.. I use wifi even though I'm 4g unlimited. I also have throttle modded but never use it on this device since its fast enough and unlimited.. anyway thanks bro.. much appreciated for your response. I was just curious as I never hear of anyone doing it this way anymore. I always do but I know this leak or these are huge due to web top..lol

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum:-!

I dl everything over 4G. My wifi (VZ DSL) is slower than 3G so I find I have no other choice.

Sent from my Soldiered up Razr Maxx
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#7 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

I dl everything over 4G. My wifi (VZ DSL) is slower than 3G so I find I have no other choice.

Sent from my Soldiered up Razr Maxx

Same here.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#8 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Actually I hit 40s on good days via my wifi but 21s average on my 4g (mbs)

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users