5 replies to this topic

#1 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:dolfns99

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

I need a little help. I'm trying to and have tried to flash a kernel to my phone to no avail. I have a razed HD Max rooted,unlocked bootloader and running twrp as my recovery. I am currently running the xenonhd ROM. However, I was going to flash Franko kernal to the ROM but every time I try to flash it, it fails. I downloaded zip kernel to phone, moved to SD card tries to flash using twep after I flashes ROM and gapps, but all it does is fail. A little guidance would be nice to help a noon out.

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

You're doing it in the wrong order.  You should flash the kernel after you flash the ROM.  Personally, I flash ROM, GAPPs, kernel, and tweaks, in that order every time.  If you are already running a ROM and want to update the kernel, boot into recovery, make a backup, wipe cache/dalvik, and then flash kernel only. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

Sorry I misstated myself. I flashed ROM, gapps, first then tried the Franco kernel.. Fails every time. However I was able to flash the vanquish kernel to xenonhd to. I'm thinking the RAZR HD is not supported with any of Francos kernels.. I was under the impression that aosp could flash any kernel

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sorry I misstated myself. I flashed ROM, gapps, first then tried the Franco kernel.. Fails every time. However I was able to flash the vanquish kernel to xenonhd to. I'm thinking the RAZR HD is not supported with any of Francos kernels.. I was under the impression that aosp could flash any kernel

Oh, I missed that in your OP.  Kernels are usually device or processor specific. For example, Bye's kernel work on the HD and M.  Other kernels will only work on one device, depending on how they were built.  I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think Franco supports us.  However, you did find vanquish kernel, so that's good.  You can also use Arrgghh's kernel which is on XDA. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 dolfns99

dolfns99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

Thanks for the response! I'm still new to this.. The xenon rom is 4.2.2.. Those kernels you mentioned looks like 4.1.2..

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Code Kernel and Arrgghh's are both for CM10.1 (4.2.2) based ROMs.  However, Arrgghh also has kernels you can use in stock ROMs.  Scroll down, and you'll see the kernels for CM. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users