18 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

To get back on path or OTA when released? This is probably the worst thread ever but I have been searching a great deal to no avail. I see devs saying how hard it is, in no way shape or form is this meant to badger or contest. I guess I'm just wondering what some honest opinions are about it, not the technical aspect, more towards the the actual chances. Maybe vent some regrets, hopes, and fears if you have or have not flashed a leak. Overall discussion on this leak situation and how you feel about it as a developer and an enthusiastic user. I personally took the plunge and I can not say I regret it. .209 feels nice and I can flash a rom if I'm jonsing for flash. Sorry if this thread is abused or in the wrong place, just wanted to feel the communities climate regarding the matter, I find myself constantly on an emotional rollercoaster when I think about the upcoming OTA, maybe we can aleviate some stress and answer some un answered questions and concerns. Share your ICS leak story with us.

#2 Majormer

Majormer

Call me Big Papa..

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Twitter:@MajormerWizard
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

It is very likely we will be able to get back on path after OTA is release. While we cannot go back to GB if we have installed an ICS leak beyond .79, we do know how to roll forward. In the case of an official release, we should be able to roll forward to that new version as well. Then, we would be back on path. The process to roll forward is well documented and understood at this point. Outside of Motorola specifically trying to "stick it to us", I don't see why we wouldn't be okay.

I am very comfortable having flashed the .209 leak. I have already upgraded from .206 to .208, and from .208 to .209. An OTA release should be the same process.

That said, if you have any concerns and you have not already gone to the leak, don't perform the update. At the end of the day, nothing is guaranteed. ICS leaks .79 and .75 are both safe to flash, and can be reverted back to Gingerbread from.

#3 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

We will get on the path 100% guaranteed. It's nothing that can be "fixed" by Motorola. I can flash a 6.11.748-6.12.173 update on my Razr from a 6.16.209 phone. This doesn't let me boot into GB but is just another example of the fact that: this WILL work.
  • Odiej34, cynnar, W0017roid and 2 others like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#4 JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

I like the positive mind frames here. I personally love . 209, just rooted it and messed with rom toolbox and titanium backup. Did some major cleaning and I am thoroughly impressed with it. Been trying to act real cool with face unlock on the F train looking quite foolish but loving every second. However because of your response and fiery spirit Matt, you have earned my donations along with one for the site. Most impressive attitude my good man and keep that steadfast. God speed to all future endeavours as I extend my most gracious thanks, your tools have made my transition from old flip phone to droid razr a most enjoyable and worry free time.
  • Odiej34, mattlgroff and joeyx2 like this

#5 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

I like the positive mind frames here. I personally love . 209, just rooted it and messed with rom toolbox and titanium backup. Did some major cleaning and I am thoroughly impressed with it. Been trying to act real cool with face unlock on the F train looking quite foolish but loving every second. However because of your response and fiery spirit Matt, you have earned my donations along with one for the site. Most impressive attitude my good man and keep that steadfast. God speed to all future endeavours as I extend my most gracious thanks, your tools have made my transition from old flip phone to droid razr a most enjoyable and worry free time.

Glad I could be of assistance :D

I love the face unlock and I have gotten a habit of making a new recorded face to the collection whenever I go to a new place around Santa Cruz. It's quite the fun little time waster

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

#6 bilbobaggins

bilbobaggins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

I installed the leak because I know that once the update is in the capable hands of the developers here they will find a way to install it even if it won't be OTA. That part doesn't matter and neither does the fact that we can't go back to GB. This whole update however it is installed is going to do to everyone's phone the situation we face right now. After the OTA nobody is ever going back to GB. That's a fact that seems to be lost in all of this. There really is no point in worrying about where the final update comes from as long as we can install it. And we will be able to do that. If we can go back and forth right now. We're just waiting to see what the final OTA is. We may already be on it anyway.

#7 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Boot img. The great devs got us being able to move forward. If moto makes an update just like all the leaks and have to be flashed over 181...then yes. We will get back on the ota path. Moto would screw up if they made it impossible. They know we are using it.

#8 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

Boot img. The great devs got us being able to move forward. If moto makes an update just like all the leaks and have to be flashed over 181...then yes. We will get back on the ota path. Moto would screw up if they made it impossible. They know we are using it.

They can't even make it impossible anyway ;)
  • mixerpilot likes this

#9 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Well once we all get on ICS will our phones get jelly bean?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

Well once we all get on ICS will our phones get jelly bean?

You DON'T have it yet???

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Also to the OP, there has been a thread discussing all the different methods people have tried to get the stuck folks back to gingerbread, if you read through it you can see there has been quite a bit of brain storming.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

have a read if you're interested in what's happened.
  • JimmyJazz likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#12 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Too funny spc _hicks!

You DON'T have it yet???

Posted Image

#13 JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Also to the OP, there has been a thread discussing all the different methods people have tried to get the stuck folks back to gingerbread, if you read through it you can see there has been quite a bit of brain storming.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

have a read if you're interested in what's happened.

Thanks for the link very interesting read. I find solace knowing I was not alone trying crazy stuff. This thread was hoping to focus more on the feelings people have towards the situation. Even with the amazing devs on here I am sure some level of doubt remains and I find talking can often ease the burden of worry. Sometimes just finding others with the same questions or concerns is relieving in itself. I honestly like the vibe these leaks have brought about. I myself have been abusing the video recording snapshot function. It is interesting watching these events unfold waiting in suspense so encompassing, it's as if I'm suspended above the earths atmosphere in a sort of divine stasis. It's as if seconds become days and days turned centuries. I suppose the only real question is when it's over, what happens?

#14 JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

You DON'T have it yet???

I was wondering, would you be re-releasing the beats by dre control app again? I was ever so curious to have a go at it myself being the music enthusiast that I am. I would most definitely be inclined to buy you a lager or two should you feel inclined to do so.

#15 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the link very interesting read. I find solace knowing I was not alone trying crazy stuff. This thread was hoping to focus more on the feelings people have towards the situation. Even with the amazing devs on here I am sure some level of doubt remains and I find talking can often ease the burden of worry. Sometimes just finding others with the same questions or concerns is relieving in itself. I honestly like the vibe these leaks have brought about. I myself have been abusing the video recording snapshot function. It is interesting watching these events unfold waiting in suspense so encompassing, it's as if I'm suspended above the earths atmosphere in a sort of divine stasis. It's as if seconds become days and days turned centuries. I suppose the only real question is when it's over, what happens?

Probably wouldn't hurt to stop taking the LSD and start going to work again when it's over.

Edit- > Joking of course ;)
  • JimmyJazz likes this

#16 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Laugh out loud.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#17 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I was wondering, would you be re-releasing the beats by dre control app again? I was ever so curious to have a go at it myself being the music enthusiast that I am. I would most definitely be inclined to buy you a lager or two should you feel inclined to do so.

PM Sent :)

Edited by spc_hicks09, 06 June 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#18 JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Probably wouldn't hurt to stop taking the LSD and start going to work again when it's over.

Edit- > Joking of course ;)

This had me dying. Alright I gotta stop talking like this. My wife has been watching Frasier from season one so my online personality kind of mimicked it. Funny enough I actually am not working because we're moving to Texas in ten days. I was working before though, I think? Thanks for snapping me out of that it had not occurred to me people would think I was high... that's illegal.

#19 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

To funny. I am looking for a Diesel Mechanic jobs in Texas right now. I graduate this December. Looking around Houston area.

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users