9 replies to this topic

#1 staMerrill

staMerrill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hi all, having a bit of a problem here, (that was sort of obvious, wasn't it?)

Anyways, I am trying (very hard indeed) to get Matt's Utility to root my RAZR, (XT912, that is, with 98.72.16).

If you look at the return from terminal, I think it's pretty obvious where the problem is, but I absolutely for the life of me cannot figure out how to fix it.  I even tried adding sudo to every command (excluding read, because the command fails if you do), but that too did not fix the problem/successfully root my device.

Terminal Return (Made into pretty bad format because of the forum,so I would recommend a download, but your call...)
Spoiler

Attached Files

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

First you can try... Go into manage apps and then Smart actions clear data, cache and uninstall updates if possible. Then try again.

If this doesn't work then you will need to fastboot back to fresh out of the box and run root prior to logging into your Google account.

• johnthehillbilly likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 staMerrill

staMerrill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Thanks, but I would like to try and avoid factory resetting if possible, but I'll go ahead and clear SA's cache and data. I was going to try that earlier, but the apps page was taking forever to load, and I got impatient...

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

You can also try and pull the smartactions apk's from the zip file and replace them on the phone.....

#5 staMerrill

staMerrill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but in the end factory resetting did work.

Now for another question: Is there any way I can recover my Backup Assistant contacts for Verizon without installing any of their crap?
  • Memnoch73 likes this

#6 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but in the end factory resetting did work.

Now for another question: Is there any way I can recover my Backup Assistant contacts for Verizon without installing any of their crap?

I think there is a way to create an extract file from the website IIRC correctly.

#7 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

You should be able to install or reinstall the backup assistant app and restore your contacts etc..... then uninstall if you choose..... are your contacts not backed up to Google as well?:)

"... try not... do or do not! .... there is no try ... "

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#8 staMerrill

staMerrill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

I have my Google contacts in addition to the contacts that are stored with Verizon. Unforunately, from the days of Dumb Phones, a large number of my contacts aren't stored with Google, even though all new ones I create are.

Anyways, will try with the installing BUA and getting the contacts like that.

#9 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Once you have all you contacts, you can create a .vcf of all your contacts on your SDcard so you will have a "local" backup of them as well..... then you can add them all to your Google account as well :)

"... try not... do or do not! .... there is no try ... "

• Memnoch73 likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#10 staMerrill

staMerrill

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Alright, so thanks for all the help, everyone.  Successfully installed CM10.1.2 Spyder, which is working fantastically.  Naturally, as is for Google, they completely restored everything back to what it was when I left stock, which is awesome...

So yes, thanks for all the help.  And as one last thing, I noticed when I installed Verizon Cloud, (as it is called now, it's not Backup Assistant+ anymore), to get my contacts back, it easily slowed down CM by at least a factor of 2, and this is a single app! (I do, on the other hand, have 193 other apps).  Anyways, good news is, is that after I uninstalled it, everything was back up to speed...I guess just an emphacis on how much bloatware can slow you down.

Thanks all!

• livinginkaos and cmh714 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users