Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Moto X Info Barrage by Mattlgroff

Model Numbers: 
Moto X XT1053  (T-Mobile)
Moto X XT1055  (US Cellular)
Moto X XT1056  (Sprint)
Moto X XT1058  (AT&T / RestOfWorld)
Moto X XT1060  (Verizon)

All of them are codename 'ghost' probably with some variant like 'ghost_vzw' for example.

XT1058 is used in Canada, Brazil, and wherever else Motorola chooses to launch their device. Think of it as the XT910/XT925 of this generation. The Retail AT&T model will of course be SIM and bootloader locked. Bringing us to...

Bootloader Unlockable Moto X: T-Mobile (Retail), Sprint (Retail), US Cellular (Retail), RestOfWorld (Retail), AT&T (Dev Edition), Verizon (Dev Edition)

Bootloader Non-Unlockable Moto X: AT&T (Retail) and Verizon (Retail)

How do we know this already? 
The practices of their current devices on these networks, such as the US Cellular Electrify M being supported by the Motorola Unlock Bootloader tool officially, as well as the Sprint Photon Q, and the Rest Of the World devices. AT&T notoriously locked the Atrix HD, and Verizon locked the RAZR HD, RAZR M, Ultra, Mini, Maxx, etc. Of course, you can buy Dev Editions for most of these at full retail cost.

What about a Google Play Edition?
We don't know anything yet, except that there will be one. As well as a 'Pre-paid' price model version, though it could be one and the same. It costs the carriers about $350 for each Moto X, so we may see it around that cost on the Play Store. It's easily assumed that this variant will be unlockable bootloader and SIM-Unlocked.

Will *Insert Moto X Variant Here* be rootable!?
Yes, unless you have an AT&T or Verizon Retail model, you can root, but you must unlock the bootloader using the official tool from Motorola's website. Which includes losing your warranty in exchange for your phone's freedom.

B-but my warranty!!!?
That's the way Motorola will play this game. I'd recommend having insurance on your device if anything goes wrong. 

Will *Insert Moto X Variant Here* have Custom Recoveries!?
See: Will it be rootable. If you unlocked your bootloader, there will probably be one.

Will *Insert Moto X Variant Here* have Custom ROMs!?
Maybe. It's up to your friendly neighborhood developers to pick up this device and work on it. Or learn yourself ;)

Any further questions, please post them in this thread.

CE90iOg.pngCz2x3Cf.pngPazigQ4.pngKCWliQ1.pngKJzE19J.png5bM8b7H.pngJ0TVXgT.pngyylowBC.pnguTSb3Of.pngo6h4sMo.pngf10AJS4.png

• Thach, Nanniepoo, neckchop and 7 others like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:22 PM

Nice info! Hardy har har...and we knew it was the Ghost, eh Matt?!?!  ;)

• Gytole, johnthehillbilly, livinginkaos and 1 other like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for this heap of info Matt.

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#4 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Sucks ATT works great here but their behavior basically is twin to Verizon.

I might just end my vzw account and use Nexus 7 with grooveIP

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#5 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,137 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

hmm this is tempting... maybe.  Me VZW contract ends on 9/13 and I've been contemplating jumping ship to T-Mo...but might be quadcore stuff coming soon too...

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#6 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:22 PM

So you're saying as of now, if one is purchased as retail from Big Red or AT&T, they will not be rootable, correct? Does the not being able to be rooted seem like there will be a possibility for Bliss to find a root on a retail version sometime in the future?

Posted Image

#7 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

So you're saying as of now, if one is purchased as retail from Big Red or AT&T, they will not be rootable, correct? Does the not being able to be rooted seem like there will be a possibility for Bliss to find a root on a retail version sometime in the future?

Dan has said that he is out of breaking the phones, so we are on our own....basically it means get an unlocked phone :)

#8 portscan

portscan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Twitter:@JasonCollins23
  • LocationClarksville, TN
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S4- Stock Rooted on 4.3/Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1- Redemption Rom v6.1

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

Guess I will wait for the Play Store edition to drop. :)

Posted Image

#9 twinkyz1979

twinkyz1979

Veteran Flasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Ultra XT1080

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

Dan has said that he is out of breaking the phones, so we are on our own....basically it means get an unlocked phone :)

Well like always i will wait and see. He has stated that at least twice in the past only to come back and lend a helping hand. I hope this time will be the same. He seems to like challenges so if it proves to be tough i think he will show his face and expertise once again.

If not might not be such a bad idea to jump to t-mobile.

#10 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:03 PM

True enough on your first paragraph :) however, this time I dont think he will be back. But thats just my feeling. Theres plenty of other things for Dan to challenge himself with than Moto phones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users