#1 rekids2012

rekids2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT1080DEV 12.15.15 rooted

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

OK first post here other then intro and I got major issue with an XT907 retail on VZW. 

Problem: Lost 4G data/modem connection, still have phone use for calls and WiFi.

How: got a replacement phone after screen broke on insurance, new phone came with 98.18.78. I then remember that there was a fix to roll back a the software to gain root then update. All was working at this point. 

Like a moron being to quick to jump, flashed VZW_XT907_4.1.2-9.8.1Q-66_1FF to the phone and of course it failed at the trusted zone. Then flashed the current VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-78-1_1FF to the phone to put things back where they were.

(both flash files are from "Droid-Developers SBF" and passed the MD5 checks)

BBut after boot up the phone could no longer conect to the network but would connect over WiFi.

Tried:

Using the Samuri fix for rooting the phone and reappling update - No go :(

Matts razr M utility 1.2 both option 1 and 2 - No go :(

I flashed stock 98.15.66 with out the Trusted Zone (edited the .xml file)- No go :(

Tried using files from another working Razr M in the house on older firmware and still No go :(

In each case I also allowed the phone to update using the system update option over WiFi and every thing would look good but the 4G data has not come back. Checked APNs as well names are different but settings are the same and I dont think its the name since my Droid 4 does use those names and both the working M and the D4 have the same settings.

At a loss here and need some help BAD.

I know that this has to have happened to some one else since all I did was flash an older software (bad idea) to the phone and then flash current or allow it to update again and still no data connection. 

Any help please.

Thanks

Current specs of phone

system version 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Model number

Droid Razr M

Android Version

Baseband version 

SM_BP_10132.020.32.78P

Kernal version

3.0.31-g101ca72

hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid84#1

Build number

9.8.1Q-78

Build date

Fri May 24 14:13:53 CDT 2013

#2 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

You try a factory reset?

#3 rekids2012

rekids2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

yes several factory resets usually after reflashing along with wiping both caches.

If knew a way to start over as if the phone was bricked maybe and then I could get it to work. Had this same thing happen with the other M after the update and got VZW to replace it. Not sure what happened when I tried to flash the older software before it failed at the TZ.

#4 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

yes several factory resets usually after reflashing along with wiping both caches.

If knew a way to start over as if the phone was bricked maybe and then I could get it to work. Had this same thing happen with the other M after the update and got VZW to replace it. Not sure what happened when I tried to flash the older software before it failed at the TZ.

I always need to reset data before any rsd restore.  Do it from stock recov before going to bootloader with your keys. 

#5 rekids2012

rekids2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

Not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain please.

Thanks

#6 kyle1329

kyle1329

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMPLS , MN
  • Current Device(s):VZW XT907 Droid RaZr M

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Reboot to recovery. Wipe both data and cache. Also wipe data. Then try RSD out of AP Fastboot. PM me and I'll give you the updated XML file to RSD to fix broken wifi/4g. To recover broken radios or unroot, you have to wipe data along with both caches in Recovery before RSDng out of AP fastboot. Pretty sure you basically flashed 4.1.2 with your 4.2.2 data = Brick City Sent from my Razr M using Tapatalk 2

#7 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain please.

Thanks

Hold all the keys til black. Release pwr wait for bootloader menu to release both vol keys. Be quick there is a 10 sec timeout. Vol- to scroll. Vol+ to select. Choose recovery. When you see the dead android push both vol keys for 2 sec. You want to do a data reset. Then do the keys again & choose fastboot for rsd .

#8 kyle1329

kyle1329

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationMPLS , MN
  • Current Device(s):VZW XT907 Droid RaZr M

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

Also you could wipe data/cache and Dalvik in Recovery. Reboot into AP Fastboot. Open up RSD, your device should show up connected to RSD. Go to the browse file option in RSD and flash Matts Utility 1.20. Let RSD do its thing and your phone will reboot on stock vzw 4.1.2 Sent from my Razr M using Tapatalk 2

#9 rekids2012

rekids2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Will try both as soon add i get home and let you know what the result. Thanks

#10 rekids2012

rekids2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Also you could wipe data/cache and Dalvik in Recovery. Reboot into AP Fastboot. Open up RSD, your device should show up connected to RSD. Go to the browse file option in RSD and flash Matts Utility 1.20. Let RSD do its thing and your phone will reboot on stock vzw 4.1.2 Sent from my Razr M using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Kyle1329, I factory reset the phone from with in settings, then rebooted phone into recovery and selected wipe cache and also the factory rest wipe dalvik and data, then flashed the XML file that has only like 7 parts from Matt's utility 1.20. using RSD and Fastboot from recovery menu. Allowed phone to reboot as if new and went through setup. Shows the 4G never turns blue then says it cant connect to the network and to call *611 for help.

the other way had same results.... uuugg stumped, is there a way to erase all parts of radio and flash just correct new radio?

#11 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thanks Kyle1329, I factory reset the phone from with in settings, then rebooted phone into recovery and selected wipe cache and also the factory rest wipe dalvik and data, then flashed the XML file that has only like 7 parts from Matt's utility 1.20. using RSD and Fastboot from recovery menu. Allowed phone to reboot as if new and went through setup. Shows the 4G never turns blue then says it cant connect to the network and to call *611 for help.

the other way had same results.... uuugg stumped, is there a way to erase all parts of radio and flash just correct new radio?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You are unlocked. Try this.

#12 rekids2012

rekids2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

Nope not unlocked, when this phone showed up it had the 98.18.78 already on it. Ok so nothing else is working at this point I wiped cache and data through recovery and flashed the VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-78-1_1FF.xml from droid developers  to see if I could at least get the phone working again. And I have the same result. 

Another thing is after a complete wipe and complete flash of the above software the qe 1/1 still shows up in the recovery screen. If not mistaken qe 1/1 says it has been rooted and still is rooted and 0/1 is has been and is no longer rooted.

SO ... if that's the case then something is not getting over written dueing the flash or the new bootloader (and being locked) has got some new code to keep that marked.

I have no idea as to what to do at this pont. Maybe one of the Devs has a better idea how to fix. Or maybe the file on droid developers is old or bad or something I checked with the MD5 all 5 copies I downloaded and all check out ok. Using RSD 6.1.4 and wiped data and cache before and even after. Since this is not the first phone this has happened to (other M as well) I would think some one else has had this issue as well, but not found any info on it at all.

#13 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Nope not unlocked, when this phone showed up it had the 98.18.78 already on it. Ok so nothing else is working at this point I wiped cache and data through recovery and flashed the VRZ_XT907_9.8.1Q-78-1_1FF.xml from droid developers  to see if I could at least get the phone working again. And I have the same result. 

Another thing is after a complete wipe and complete flash of the above software the qe 1/1 still shows up in the recovery screen. If not mistaken qe 1/1 says it has been rooted and still is rooted and 0/1 is has been and is no longer rooted.

SO ... if that's the case then something is not getting over written dueing the flash or the new bootloader (and being locked) has got some new code to keep that marked.

I have no idea as to what to do at this pont. Maybe one of the Devs has a better idea how to fix. Or maybe the file on droid developers is old or bad or something I checked with the MD5 all 5 copies I downloaded and all check out ok. Using RSD 6.1.4 and wiped data and cache before and even after. Since this is not the first phone this has happened to (other M as well) I would think some one else has had this issue as well, but not found any info on it at all.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#14 rekids2012

rekids2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

will try when I get this afternoon. Thanks.

#15 rekids2012

rekids2012

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

OK I tried the above and I ended up with root but radio still broken. What I do not understand is why after clearing data and cache in recovery why flashing 98.18.78 full flash from sbf.droid.developers why that is not fixing radio. If I was to repair the radio then I could go from there.

#16 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

OK I tried the above and I ended up with root but radio still broken. What I do not understand is why after clearing data and cache in recovery why flashing 98.18.78 full flash from sbf.droid.developers why that is not fixing radio. If I was to repair the radio then I could go from there.

Need to reply on that forum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users