Photo

Locked Bootloader 4.1.2 with Safestrap options?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sharklasers

sharklasers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hi All,

I am one of the unfortunate ones who can not unlock my bootloader due to the recent update. I have safestrap enabled and I was wondering if anyone can help me with my options. I have tried flashing some of the older roms that are compatible with safestrap (CM10, energy etc) but I am running into problems with the camera working due to my 4.1.2 kernel and the roms being 4.1.1.  Is there a way to get around this and fix the camera for these older versions? OR is there a 4.1.2 based rom that I can flash with safestrap? I read somewhere that deadCalm 1.4 is compatible with safestrap and is 4.1.2 based, but I am getting a status 7 error upon flashing. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

#2 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hi All,

I am one of the unfortunate ones who can not unlock my bootloader due to the recent update. I have safestrap enabled and I was wondering if anyone can help me with my options. I have tried flashing some of the older roms that are compatible with safestrap (CM10, energy etc) but I am running into problems with the camera working due to my 4.1.2 kernel and the roms being 4.1.1.  Is there a way to get around this and fix the camera for these older versions? OR is there a 4.1.2 based rom that I can flash with safestrap? I read somewhere that deadCalm 1.4 is compatible with safestrap and is 4.1.2 based, but I am getting a status 7 error upon flashing. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Bad DL?

Did you mount system?

Once on DC you can jump to and from the Avistralia deodexed mod at xda, with your data!

#3 sharklasers

sharklasers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

It is a zip file so I should not have to mount it, just install it correct? I am getting a failure to write the boot.img, I am thinking maybe the partition size created by safestrap is not big enough?

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

With SS, older versions of TWRP, and stock based ROMs, you should mount system.  Most of the stock based ROMs don't have a mount script.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#5 sharklasers

sharklasers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

Alright I mounted the System, Data, Cache, and SDCard, and still got a error (Status 7).... assert failed: write_raw_image("tmp/boot.img").... Any ideas?

#6 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

The boot.img is the kernel which it can't install on a locked bootloader. Throw the zip on your PC, open it and pull out that file. Then try the install again.

• RikRong and aviwdoowks like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#7 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:16 PM

Alright I mounted the System, Data, Cache, and SDCard, and still got a error (Status 7).... assert failed: write_raw_image("tmp/boot.img").... Any ideas?

I will post a DC system and twrp only that. Wipe dalvik & cache. This is a work around. But a good one. Look for it at my signature @ xda.

Edit you will need wipe data too. I  am not ss savvy. But a twrp restore should work.

#8 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:41 AM

I will post a DC system and twrp only that. Wipe dalvik & cache. This is a work around. But a good one. Look for it at my signature @ xda.

Edit you will need wipe data too. I  am not ss savvy. But a twrp restore should work.

If he's locked up, he won't be able to use stand alone TWRP. 

• aviwdoowks likes this

#9 sharklasers

sharklasers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

I actually found on the DC forum that people were having SS say if failed upon flashing, but upon rebooting the rom would actually load. I tried this and it worked surprisingly.  I havent found anything wrong with the ROM, but I will give it time. 

#10 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

I actually found on the DC forum that people were having SS say if failed upon flashing, but upon rebooting the rom would actually load. I tried this and it worked surprisingly.  I havent found anything wrong with the ROM, but I will give it time. 

I was going to suggest that next.  I've seen people report this when they flash Eclipse.

#11 allmightywest

allmightywest

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm new to the forums and been following the locked bootloader issue. I have a dev. model XT907.

Motorola will unlock the bootloader of this model.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I think if you buy a phone, you should be able to do with it as you wish. Hope maybe this helps with the OTA fix.

• sharklasers likes this

#12 undagullu

undagullu

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

I'm new to the forums and been following the locked bootloader issue. I have a dev. model XT907.

Motorola will unlock the bootloader of this model.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I think if you buy a phone, you should be able to do with it as you wish. Hope maybe this helps with the OTA fix.

has anyone done this succesfully? 

#13 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

has anyone done this succesfully? 

That option is for the Developer Edition.

• undagullu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users