Photo

Where's The Money From The Donations Going?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

I've kept tabs on the sidebar and it's filled four times since the last dev RAZR giveaway, and IIRC two since the last major giveaway, what's going on...

Not pointing any fingers, I just wanna know.

#2 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Said they'd be giving away a Razr & 5 factory cables soon (on Twitter).

Sent from my PhatMaxx.

#3 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Sent from my PhatMaxx.

Confidence? We may never know...

#4 DrNoob

DrNoob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

They need to give the dev that are on our site like matt, hicks, andlaw....... Another razr with the money cause they are doing most of the work around here not the dev that dont even bother talking on our chat helping noobs out! Since our site is not bothering to help you guys out with another practice razr to play around with i thank you for all your hard work! It means allot to noobs like me!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#5 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

If you want my honest opinion here it goes.

A donation is just what it is. Its contributing money towards a cause. Be it providing a device to a developer or helping towards cost of running the site. Don't get me wrong I don't know exactly what the money goes to. That's just my thought on it. I'm pretty sure no other forum explains every single thing that goes on behind the scenes that needs to happen to run a site like this... so why expect every thing to be explained here? The guys that were previously mentioned already have the device... so why provide a second? The money would be better suited to help replace it should something go wrong or expand the RAZR development and bring others on board.

Like I said... this is just my opinion! But I think it was said best by showing a little faith!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#6 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

I just donated do I can get a new title and be yellow in the chat room :blink:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#7 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Lets see if i can put thing in perspective for those that have questions.

Donations are to help in the development of the razr, in other words supply devices to devs that want to be a part of this site and bring more to the forum. Second, it is for site maintenance which means server costs (its not free) , software costs and so forth. We keep the money in paypal until we (meaning the staff and forum members decide on who will be the next dev to receive one). That is pretty much it, we don't force you to donate.

#8 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

I'm not sure I understand what you mean so don't take this the wrong way but the reason things need to be explained to people here is because this site is asking for money from people for a specific purpose and the people donating that money are entitled to know where it goes and what's its for. "Buying a phone for a dev" is a pretty broad statement. As noted already, the devs on this site already have a device and I think it's kind of storage to entice a dev from another site or device by offering a free phone. I don't know that's just my opinion. I like the idea of buying back up phones so our contributors can take bigger risks with development without having to worry about wrecking their own phone for the good of the community but again, it's not my call. Honestly, the only reason I haven't donated money directly to this site is for the reasons I listed above, or tl;dr I'm not really positive where the money goes or who makes that decision. Thanks

Sent from my who really cares?? Using NOBODY DOES!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

#9 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

I'm simply asking. I'm not firing any lasers yet, y'all.

Sent from my PhatMaxx.

That RAZR was actually a donation, they said... but yeah.

Lets see if i can put thing in perspective for those that have questions.

Donations are to help in the development of the razr, in other words supply devices to devs that want to be a part of this site and bring more to the forum. Second, it is for site maintenance which means server costs (its not free) , software costs and so forth. We keep the money in paypal until we (meaning the staff and forum members decide on who will be the next dev to receive one). That is pretty much it, we don't force you to donate.

Not saying you force us to donate, I was just wondering. Will there be another public poll soon for the donated RAZR?

#10 Admin

Admin

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yes there will be. I will get with DDX to see when he plans on having it.

#11 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

talked to ddx earlier today..
he hopes to have time to start things up monday :D
  • (TSON) likes this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#12 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

the money you donate goes to several things.. 1 is to pay for the expenses of the site.. 2 it goes to developer needs. 3 it goes to contests. 4 i would assume it could go to a charity :D
the site doesnt ask you to donate ever.. but if you want to help others out you are mroe than welcome to donate. :D you get immediate rewards for doing so custom title and custom sig made for ya..

so instead of getting worked up and taking a simple question of where its going and turning it into a war.. please think first and then have fun.
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#13 Justibasa

Justibasa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:@justibasa

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Who cares where the money is going. As long as the donations help keep the site going I don't really care where the rest of it goes. I think the devs deserve all the help they can get. If your going to complain then don't donate it's that simple.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#14 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

its really self explained at the main site. "These donations are so we can buy our developers the Razr that they need to bring all the goodies to our Razr's. Along with the dev phone donation we will donate 1 dollar for every 10 to Make a Wish Foundation. A portion of the funds is used for site maintenance. Thank you for supporting DroidRzr.com". Donors are helping developers, help maintain the site and to top it off 1 dollar out of 10 goes to Make a Wish Foundation. Thats 3 birds in one stone... :D

#15 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

Ok im going to put this to rest. Yes we have some extra money saved up. Plus we have to change tge bar because ppl donate also for supporting members. So in a sence its one in the same. But not. Also running a site like tbis cost money. I wont go into it but its more then you think.

This week coming up we are giving away a razr, cases, cables and other things. I hope this answers all of your questions.

We as in us, Administration and mods do not get one dime or free phones. Every dollar donated is put back into the site. We appreciate every one of your donations and put it to good use. As always thank you for being a part of DR. Your #1 spot for all things RAZR .

DirtyDroidX
  • (TSON) and etrorteepe like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users