#1 Donald21413

Donald21413

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

I had the newest OTA update, used safestrap to restore a backup of my wife's phone on the old system where you could unlock bootloader. I verified it was the old firmware by going into "about phone", regained root access with Motochopper, reinstalled Safestrap, and then tried to use Motopocalypse to unlock bootloader. AP Fastboot mode still says Device is Locked though, can't unlock it despite the successful downgrade. Any ideas?

I realized it was probably a kernel issue... Tried using fastboot to erase current boot and then flash an older boot.img, kept getting an error about variable not supported.

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

If you installed the update, you're out of luck.  It patched the hole and going backwards or restoring an old backup won't re-open the hole.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,497 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Once the TZ partition is updated, you can't unlock it.  You can never downgrade the TZ partition even on an unlocked phone.  The reason I'm replying, however, is that your fastboot issue is because you're using the wrong version of fastboot.  You need the snapdragon specific version.  See this post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

to download the correct version of fastboot.

• RikRong and aviwdoowks like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#4 Stevethegreat

Stevethegreat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

If you installed the update, you're out of luck.  It patched the hole and going backwards or restoring an old backup won't re-open the hole.

Sorry to ressurect a relatively old thread but if one is unlocked and *then* flashes the newest OTA is he SOL too?

#5 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

Sorry to ressurect a relatively old thread but if one is unlocked and *then* flashes the newest OTA is he SOL too?

If you are unlocked you are fine. Take the OTA and re-install TWRP and that can restore root.

• SamuriHL, cmh714 and RikRong like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users