#1 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Can someone port this ROM over to the Razr? Looks sick.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• vtwinbmx and Silverlink34 like this
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#2 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

Does look good would like to try it if someone could getting working on razr

vtc.png

#3 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

This looks pretty sweet, wonder how good data is.
Developer|Co-Developer in Team SpeedCore|Currently running SOMETHING NEW...Posted Image

I don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
https://www.paypal.c...gif%3aNonHosted

#4 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Can someone port this ROM over to the Razr? Looks sick.

I sent him a PM. Now we play the waiting game lol.
  • Silverlink34 likes this

#5 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:02 AM

I sent him a PM. Now we play the waiting game lol.

Is that what you do spc? I don't want to undermine your skills by asking, I'm just curious. Do you port over CM9/AOKP roms and then add your personal dev's touch?

Edit- I know that aokp means that it isn't originally your work, but you have taken the base and put your own spin on it. That's the beauty of open source.

Edit (again) - I also understand if this is a personal question, you don't have to answer. My curiosity gets to me sometimes.
Developer|Co-Developer in Team SpeedCore|Currently running SOMETHING NEW...Posted Image

I don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
https://www.paypal.c...gif%3aNonHosted

#6 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

Is that what you do spc? I don't want to undermine your skills by asking, I'm just curious. Do you port over CM9/AOKP roms and then add your personal dev's touch?

Edit- I know that aokp means that it isn't originally your work, but you have taken the base and put your own spin on it. That's the beauty of open source.

Essentially that's what everyone does. It's built from source, just like dhackers CM9 is built from source and so on and so forth. Every kind of ROM out is essentially a port from AOSP.
  • Silverlink34 likes this

#7 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

+1 for porting this over to the razr

#8 kl0wn

kl0wn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

Tried this on my GNex, was very fun to play around with but I didn't find it very practical myself. None the less though, very interesting and fun playing with.

#9 artistan

artistan

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

+1 for porting. Looks very slick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

I'd also like to check out a port of this, looks interesting!

#11 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

Get to work SPC! ;-) lol... I wanted to say porting while not as difficult as the original build. There are still some hurdles. I personally just started work on porting Droid Junk's JunkROM last night! Its booted and functions well so far. But there is still some work that needs done. Data is hit and miss.. as I think we're seeing with a lot of the ICS based ROMs.

Sent from JunkROM on a Razor Maxx!

#12 Clarkkent434

Clarkkent434

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

I tried this on my backup phone(gnex) it seemed ok. Tablet mode on a phone is like drive a semi backwards and blind. Hybrid mode is different but does make it seem sluggish. Linaro tweaks would fix that. This could be useful in some sense being that webtop 3.0 is a tablet mode of ics. But this tablet hybrid rom thus it could mirror the phone display in tablet mode and leaving the bugging Webtop3.0 but 3.0 is still leak not official.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

#13 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hey for you gnex users if you use official AOKP ROMS or are on one of these nine builds posted, you can just flash the zip for your ROM, change LCD density to 192 and reboot with tablet mode! Much simpler and is not a full ROM so you can keep the perks of each build. BTW to change back I believe you just change LCD density back to 320 and you should be back to normal.

EDIT: BTW all ICS AOKP ROMs (razr) have the tablet mode available but I just need to find a way to edit the services.jar in framework to allow tablet ICS to work. Sadly, no B38 zip for razr to flash, just B32, B33, B34, and M5 as of right now. It has to do with systemui and forcing tablet mode to work when you switch to 128 dpi. Any help with this?

GNEX files:

Legacy Devices:

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paranoidandroid, rom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users