• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

It happens to me no matter what version CM9 ICS leak I put on my phone. It started with version 1.3 (at least for stealth ROM) I think. Does the same for dhacker and hicks versions.
When I enable BT I lose sound when I call through the phone speaker. I cannot hear and cannot be heard. Disable BT the sound comes back on. There is no device paired.
Any help?
Thanks guys.

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

It happens to me no matter what version CM9 ICS leak I put on my phone. It started with version 1.3 (at least for stealth ROM) I think. Does the same for dhacker and hicks versions.
When I enable BT I lose sound when I call through the phone speaker. I cannot hear and cannot be heard. Disable BT the sound comes back on. There is no device paired.
Any help?
Thanks guys.

That's a bug with every leak ROM. Even AOKP and most likely won't be fixed until after the OTA hits.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#3 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

I swear it never happened to me before the version of CM9 released on June the 10th. Well if this is the case then I'll wait.
Thank you.

That's a bug with every leak ROM. Even AOKP and most likely won't be fixed until after the OTA hits.

#4 kernelhappy

kernelhappy

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

The BT bug is a common across all the builds, but the good news is that if you use a car dock, ICS is good about turning BT on/off when you dock the phone. For the auto toggle to work, BT must be off before you put it in the dock. BT will turn on and connect, when you undock it turns off automatically.

I've seen this said many times over, since you're obviously a player in the community making the awesome KOA build, can you explain this to me? AFAIK the bugs (like this BT bug and the 4G data issue) are not in the leaks, but only in the CM derivative builds. To me that says there's a disconnect on CM's side that is going to have to be rectified at some point. I don't think Verizon/Moto are going to make the problems go away, nor do I think they'll just magically fix themselves. I know there has to be at least someone working on these issue.

Six weeks ago everyone was saying "nobody is going to build on the leak since the OTA is coming." Unless I am missing something on the technical side, saying "after OTA" sends the wrong message. The answer should be "the devs do this for fun, it is being worked on, but apparently these things are not simple/straightforward and everyone needs to appreciate what's been done to date."

Of course I could be totally wrong and there is a technical issue that OTA will make fixable (I have looked but haven't found anything, are there technical explanations of the problem with BT and Data?).
  • jb_alphamale likes this

#5 2tealth

2tealth

I Cannot Spell Stealth

• Superuser
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

The issues aren't getting fixed until ota because there are too many different leaks that everyone is on, you can't just magically make a fix for bluetooth and expect it to work on 6 different versions of android all at the same time. Same with data on boot. Not fixed until final ota.
Posted Image

Founder and main developer of Team SpeedCore

#6 kernelhappy

kernelhappy

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

The issues aren't getting fixed until OTA (which is not coming out ever) because there are too many different leaks that everyone is on, you can't just magically make a fix for bluetooth and expect it to work on 6 different versions of android all at the same time. Same with data on boot. Not fixed until final OTA (which is not coming out ever).

I know there is a bunch of fragmentation, but I believe most the major kangs still merge changes through version control from the CM tree. These two bugs are major bugs that annoy the $!#7 out of a lot of people. Even if the version control isn't being used, the bugs are important enough that If one build fixes it, someone will propagate it back to the trunk and everyone will merge it down into their individual projects. My point is that it's not like one dev has to go around and fix it in everyone's build, when someone figures it out, which I believe will have to be done regardless because it's not going to magically fix itself with the OTA (which is not coming out ever), it'll spread like wild fire and I'm not convinced that it's work that will be rendered pointless once the OTA (which is not coming out ever) comes out.

Edit: I just want to point out that I'm greatly appreciative to the devs, they do a lot for us. I'm just looking to understand why everyone keeps saying wait to OTA (which is not coming out ever) when I think the problem is here and will be there and the same fix will probably apply.
  • jb_alphamale likes this

#7 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Could not agree more. The new ICS OTA (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) will not solve the actual problems in the custom ROMs here because these problems never existed in any of its previous versions.
"Somebody just gave up and plays with the words ICS OTA (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever)"WTF??? :P

I know there is a bunch of fragmentation, but I believe most the major kangs still merge changes through version control from the CM tree. These two bugs are major bugs that annoy the $!#7 out of a lot of people. Even if the version control isn't being used, the bugs are important enough that If one build fixes it, someone will propagate it back to the trunk and everyone will merge it down into their individual projects. My point is that it's not like one dev has to go around and fix it in everyone's build, when someone figures it out, which I believe will have to be done regardless because it's not going to magically fix itself with the OTA (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever), it'll spread like wild fire and I'm not convinced that it's work that will be rendered pointless once the OTA (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) comes out.

Edit: I just want to point out that I'm greatly appreciative to the devs, they do a lot for us. I'm just looking to understand why everyone keeps saying wait to OTA (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) when I think the problem is here and will be there and the same fix will probably apply.

#8 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

I know there is a bunch of fragmentation, but I believe most the major kangs still merge changes through version control from the CM tree. These two bugs are major bugs that annoy the $!#7 out of a lot of people. Even if the version control isn't being used, the bugs are important enough that If one build fixes it, someone will propagate it back to the trunk and everyone will merge it down into their individual projects. My point is that it's not like one dev has to go around and fix it in everyone's build, when someone figures it out, which I believe will have to be done regardless because it's not going to magically fix itself with the OTA (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever), it'll spread like wild fire and I'm not convinced that it's work that will be rendered pointless once the OTA (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) comes out.

Edit: I just want to point out that I'm greatly appreciative to the devs, they do a lot for us. I'm just looking to understand why everyone keeps saying wait to OTA (which is not coming out ever) (which is not coming out ever) when I think the problem is here and will be there and the same fix will probably apply.

It will be fixed after the OTA (which is not coming out ever) but not until then. If you need this further explained, send me a PM.

#9 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Yes rhings will be fixed when a ota comes out. Why, withought going into detail. When the ota comes out we get the rill, then source. From this we can build a unified tree to build everything from. So pretty much OTA =source+code +libs etc etc= success.

For example when 173 hit nitro built eclipse. Everything worked 100% cause of the true source. Its kinda like the stars aligning . Hope this helps.

Also the ota will come out. Its VZW denying all thease builds. Not moto. Vzw wants eveeything as close to perfect as they can get, because of the everyday user, they need things to work properly 100% so they dont have to deal with countless hours of technical support etc etc.

#10 kernelhappy

kernelhappy

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

It will be fixed after the OTA (which is not coming out ever) but not until then. If you need this further explained, send me a PM.

Please don't confuse my frustration with the issue as frustration with you and many other devs who put a lot of themselves into the community. Something about the magical OTA fixing the problem just doesn't feel right, maybe it's feeling helpless due to Vzw's reluctance to get something out the door after months and months when the community has hacked and slashed a damn fine product without the resources they have.

If it was in the leaks themselves I'd understand, but the problem seems related to the CM tree and kangs. I can totally handle the fact that community people putting there own time into the situation are working on it, it'll be done when it's done. But if there is a technical problem that the OTA fixes, my curiosity just won't let me not understand it. I've been consciously monitoring my usage and other activities to see if I can find possible causes just to help (many years ago starting out, I had a job as a QA Analyst, I guess old habits die hard).

#11 kernelhappy

kernelhappy

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

Yes rhings will be fixed when a ota comes out. Why, withought going into detail. When the ota comes out we get the rill, then source. From this we can build a unified tree to build everything from. So pretty much OTA =source+code +libs etc etc= success.

For example when 173 hit nitro built eclipse. Everything worked 100% cause of the true source. Its kinda like the stars aligning . Hope this helps.

Also the ota will come out. Its VZW denying all thease builds. Not moto. Vzw wants eveeything as close to perfect as they can get, because of the everyday user, they need things to work properly 100% so they dont have to deal with countless hours of technical support etc etc.

I firmly believe there are people within Verizon & Verizonwireless who get paid soley to come up with new ways to torment customers. It's like they sit in a room betting each other on just what the breaking point is.

"Hey, we have a great service, lets see how far we can push the limits"

"I have an idea, lets restrict BT profiles so they have to buy ringtones only through us"
"I have one, lets see if we can charge them even MORE money for less data!"
"Oh I have a good one, lets release a new phone, then we can put our paid full time engineers with full hardware specs and references on updating it to the latest Android, we can leak some versions to tease people while the community working part time for nothing can do it blind in the dark and produce a better product!"

"Brilliant ideas guys, lets do all of them! Lets go celebrate by laughing at RIM/Blackberry, the drinks are on me!"
  • smilesuhas likes this

#12 warpgamer

warpgamer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

For the no-sound bug when calling or recieving a call, I found a fix; it was discovered by twistedddx, on XDA Dev (link to the original post:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)
Quote : “Related to the “dial pad touch tones” “touch sounds” ” screen lock sound” or any other sound that is made prior to making an outbound call fixing the no call audio issue.

When your bluetooth connects make a call(no audio), eg to voicemail, bring up dialpad and press a digit(tone should be heard). End call and call again, audio will now be functional.

Any time bluetooth connects or disconnects you must force the phone to make a system sound to the ouput, eg handset or bluetooth, or you will suffer no audio bug.”

Hope it will help,
Warpgamer.

(works on my SGSII Insanity Rom (CM9 derivate) SiyahKernel)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users