#1 brons2

brons2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:brons2

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

I've been looking at some ROMs and it seems like a lot of them are linked here from other sites. What's joining one more web forum, right?

I have the Verizon regular Razr on stock 2.3.6, rooted with a bunch of applications uninstalled. I probably made it a lot more difficult to get OTA ICS when it comes but oh well. Don't think I really want it at release time anyway, tired of Verizon crapware.

Looking at GB Eclipse currently. I don't have any tolerance for things that are not working in the beta ICS builds such as camera, camcorder and video acceleration. But I don't really care for the bloat of the stock rom either, so a custom GB build is a good option, I'm thinking.

My current thinking is to run Eclipse for now and then jump to a custom ICS rom once the drivers for non-working items have been folded in from the production OTA ICS build.

So anyway, glad to be here.

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Welcome to the forums!!

#3 sultan.of.swing

sultan.of.swing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Not sure what your reading but everything works in the newer ics leaks.

Hold off as the ota of ics is coming soon and it is well worth the wait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

First, Welcome to the forum! Eclipse is a good ROM... I ran it religiously on my Bionic... if I know Nitro he's done the same with the Razr. While alot of the issues for the ICS based ROMs have been sorted out.. there are still some residual issues for some. If youre looking for a completely rock solid ROM i would stick with a GB based ROM for the time being. The official OTA should be around sometime! Who knows? As far as the actual leaks go... I personally havent noticed many if any bugs.. battery level acts up every once in awhile.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users