• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

hmmm utility is runs and reboots the phone but it didnt actually root. Any ideas? I did download SU from the market as well, but no root.

yeah the program ends abrubtly but i had root after installing superuser. id like to see the superuser.apk be pushed to system/app in a future version of this utility.

#42 TGMTzmx

TGMTzmx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

See my problem is no root at all though.

#43 Cisien

Cisien

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

Can you modify this script so it doesn't self destruct?

Some users are playing around with different roms/leaks, and it's just annoying to unzip the file every time.

I edited the batch file and removed the delete lines, and added a pause at the end so i could see what happened.

#44 MORBiD

MORBiD

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Works on 211 too! Thanks!!

#45 projoe

projoe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Holy crap that was easy. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

#46 loki

loki

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Is there a Mac version? Running 4.0.4 6.16.211

#47 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

Boo!!

#48 flashman2002

flashman2002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Anyone get tibu restore to work using this? I tried different busyboxes and nothing works. Just curious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#49 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

I know this is a good idea and everything, but it seems like it only partially works since busy box is messed up on it.

The unstuck utility method takes 5 minutes and is easy as can be.

#50 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

thank you very much DDX.... much appreciated. But.... I was unable to obtain any root access. Seems as though it just...... stops, following the second reboot. I know some others have had the same issue. I made sure it was in MTP mode. Thanks for any help.
I have a fever..... and the only cure..... is more cowbell!!!!

#51 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

I believe I may have found my problem. Following my install of the .211 from stock rooted 181, my SU and a couple of other root apps remained. I disabled the superuser and now it does not appear in my app drawer, does not show under any of my apps under "installed", "internal storage" or "running". When i go to the play store, it does not even offer the option of uninstalling, updating, or anything..... it just shows the app. Any ideas as to why? I disabled it because it wasn't working and I tried the "Super su" for ICS by "chainfire". Any help is much appreciated.

#52 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Well..... "busybox installer pro" says I have root access. I just need to to "enable" my superuser.... but it's still not showing up. I don't know where to find it. WOW!!! Now I feel like a real dooshbag!

"HI..... I LOST MY SUPERUSER"... And I can't spell dooshbag!! WTF!!! :-/

#53 JoJoLanny

JoJoLanny

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

This didn't work for me at all. Is it possible this works in Windows 7 and not XP? If so then this is the only utility I have used that runs this way. Everything else I use from here runs on XP only. Correction, the utilities run but the drivers don't work in Win 7. I would investigate why if I had to, but I use both systems in my PC so I just switch over.

Nope. I have Windows 7 ultimate.... NOGO!! Lol

#54 amielgoldberg@msn.com

amielgoldberg@msn.com

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Doesn't work for me. I have ICS 211 and have tried this, and many other root packages to no avail. Can't get root access on 211 regardless of what I do. Any thoughts?

#55 beaton3344

beaton3344

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Download matt's utility and the mods.. Then select option 5 worked first time for me...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sorry if the link is any trouble.. Delete if it is... But use this follow each step... I'm running .211 and works perfect... Rooted and blocked apps using rom toolbox my phone is screaming...

#56 pmbarrontx

pmbarrontx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Doesn't work for me. I have ICS 211 and have tried this, and many other root packages to no avail. Can't get root access on 211 regardless of what I do. Any thoughts?

The only thing that worked for me was the Unstuck rooting method. AP Fastboot the. 85 image, root using Matt's old ICS root tool, then AP Fastboot the. 211 image. It took a bit of tinkering and i had to edit the.bat for the tool to point to the. 211 img, but it worked like a charm.

#57 SlammedDime

SlammedDime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

This worked for me for .211. Used JRummy's Installer to update to busybox 1.20.1 afterwards and it works as it should.

#58 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

"HI..... I LOST MY SUPERUSER"... And I can't spell dooshbag!! WTF!!! :-/

Hehe... this made me laugh

#59 habba

habba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Somehow when I downloaded it I had a corrupted file. Redownloaded and it worked perfect! Thanks!

yeah me to still corrupt after 3 times

#60 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Will this method also work on previous Android versions? My coworker just updated his Droid 2 to the latest firmware (2.3.4) & is currently stuck without root. Trying to help him out, hadn't seen this attempted yet. If not, does anyone know of a root method that will work? It is my understanding that his build is currently unrootable :(

Edit: No dice, tried multiple root methods for him & it looks like for now he's outta luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users