#1 meh.username

meh.username

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):xt 912

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

Gentlemen.  I come seeking advice in this time of need.

My razr max was getting boring. I'd been running batakang since march and decided to try out AOKP.  Upon getting to aokp I noticed I couldn't get GPS working. Reflashed AOKP over my batakang. Did some reading, booted to stock(it updated, not sure this was good), still GPS no worky. I've got at least 2 or 3 roms right now and none of them make it past the boot animation.  When I get home tonight I'll try matts utility (cant at work).  Looking for other ideas and maybe suggestions to figure out how deep of a hole I'm currently in.  Need to get GPS working ASAP as I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow and I'm the kind of person who gets lost on their way to the bathroom.

Suggestions?

#2 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:27 AM

matt's utility is my first suggestion also,sounds like somethng went funky when you flashed AOKP

#3 meh.username

meh.username

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:33 AM

i'd found posts where others didn't have good gps right off the bat.  I recreated the batakang slot and will try reflashing that.  I also have a file named blur*verizon*.zip  - is that the stock rom?

#4 meh.username

meh.username

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

yeah.  Im stuck in a boot loop now. 

#5 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

So Batakang was never updated for the OTA (.16) from March or whenever it was released, so that means your still on the .8 update from XMAS eve. Most of the ROMs are now for .16 so you that may be your problem.....you said you took an update, so my guess is you got pushed the .16 update. You can check this in About Phone.

Usually when the kernel and the ROM do not match you just get a Black screen. Bootloops usually mean you didnt wipe.

Post more detailed info so we might be better able to help you. And FYI - many of the roms have minor GPS troubles. I occasionally need to reboot to get it working again.

#6 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

Also many of the AOKP, AOSP, CM and PACman roms require a specific slot, so check on that too.

#7 meh.username

meh.username

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

used matts utility over lunch. Worked pretty good. Applications wont update from the playstore (error 927) but I'm thinking it might be due to restoreing settings from google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users