• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:02 AM

can anybody tell me the advantage of running the hotplug governor on my maxx instead of interactive which is default? better speed and battery life maybe?

#2 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

I can't go into detail and tell you specifics other than my perception of the 2.
In very simple terms hot plug allows for one core to sleep until needed and in theory helps battery life
Interactive polls more and could produce a more fluid experience at the cost of battery life.
Me personally?...I was on interactive ans have been testing hot plug. I have noticed no difference in system speed or accuracy of the system or battery life. I average 5 1/2 hrs screen in time using 4g only. I may go back to interactive for tomorrows charge and see if I can tell a difference.
  • BrianKLV likes this

#3 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

its a shame we cannot currently have custom kernels & governors.

#4 BrianKLV

BrianKLV

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Omg I can't believe how much better battery life is with hot plug.

#5 fusion3286

fusion3286

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:stephen_lacman
  • Google+:Stephen Lacman
  • LocationBoston

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

You'll want to use the hotplug gov. Hotplug is a much more intelligent governor as for how it uses both cores when it needs to, but sleeps one core if it doesn't. also, the interactive gov will make it very difficult for your phone to enter a deep sleep state when the screen is off, resulting in a higher battery drain while the phone is idle, and not even in use. Hotplug is still super smooth, and fast, but the battery life is much much better.
OG Razr -- INFEKTED -- .211, .214 kernel -- InteractiveX governor

#6 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Based on the above comments, I'm going to give Hotplug a shot. Haven't used SetCPU on my Maxx, though used to use it all the time on my DX and TBolt.

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users