:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Before you post a comment a pop up shoould come that ensures you've looked through every page of the thread before you can post.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Before you post a comment a pop up shoould come that ensures you've looked through every page of the thread before you can post.

Yeah the problem with that is that some of these threads are like 50 pages long. No one would read all of that. It's a lot easier to just answer the persons question, regardless of how many times it's been asked.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#3 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Yeah the problem with that is that some of these threads are like 50 pages long. No one would read all of that. It's a lot easier to just answer the persons question, regardless of how many times it's been asked.

Touche!

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#4 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

However 35 of those pages are full of the same questions and answers. If people did the research and took the time to read the thread might only be 15 pages long.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#5 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Even though you sometimes have to grit your teeth and not go on a killing rampage because someone says "How do I install this leak?" No matter how bad you want to track them down and skin them alive LOL. It's always easier to just answer hahaha.

#6 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

However 35 of those pages are full of the same questions and answers. If people did the research and took the time to read the thread might only be 15 pages long.

Doesn't matter, it's going to happen no matter how many times you tell people to read. Like I said, it's easier (and recommended here) to just help instead of being rude or condescending.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#7 skittles

skittles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Even though you sometimes have to grit your teeth and not go on a killing rampage because someone says "How do I install this leak?" No matter how bad you want to track them down and skin them alive LOL. It's always easier to just answer hahaha.

I understand what your saying but almost every question that gets asked is somewhere on the site. Whether in an OP, in a thread in the help section, or in the Dev section. Most of which are pinned at the top of the section. I'm not the type of guy to jump on people for asking questions but I do believe in people putting in the time to learn. If you don't know how to flash a ROM or install a leak do you really think you should do it without reading?

#8 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

For questions that's been answered a few times in the thread. Direct them to the chat and help them, that way the thread doesn't get cluttered to much with the same questions and answers. Some people new to this may just need that little extra help at first to get them going. Still tell them to read, read, read but its the people that get frustrated and blow up then the thread gets out of hand and get up 50 pages.

#9 seanren78

seanren78

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Twitter:seanren78
  • Google+:seanren78
  • LocationCO/CA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

The Good Thing is there is a search box at the top right of droidrzr.com.... It does not search google...it searches the site. So the answer for all your RAZR/MAXX needs will be met. If you have not owned an adroid device there are a lot of presumption being said.. "OK you all know the drill. If you don't hit chat up or someone else will let you in on what to do and how to do it." ...".Follow

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

from the other unstuck threads :D"

A lot of people do not know "chat"... many have no idea what the word "unstuck threads" mean. The Site has grown beyond familar users. The purchasing of the RAZR/MAXX represent the everyday user that want more from there phone. So now this site is commercial and with that being said. The people need the walk throughs and chat doesn't cut it. So instead of posting "ok you all no the drill".... create a subsection of tutorials in this website for people to go to. There is no need to flip through endless pages of notes.

Have a Section of

How To's.:

Take Screen Shots on Steps 1-12(?) on how to root/regain root/update to ICS...Just Examples. Pictures Make People feel comfortable, it gives them points of reference.. I will do it for you ... PM me. I have done it for 2 sites before
Stop Presuming knowledge When the Android World is Growing and peoples knowledge is so few.
Establishing possible feeds/forums for people to go to will decrease the forums for "proposition to make people read"

This Site has the hugest Support for developers and just an overall knowledge base for android devices as it permits to the RAZR/MAXX. I am only reflect to this "forum" post. I am not disrepecting any dev:

(creativity)

or any other DEV/Individual who believes in this site the way I do.
Former Admin for Bbhydrids.net ... Creator/Owner/Hybrid Designer for Driphter.com ... Looking to Learn the Android World. Not Perfrect, but who Is. Still God's Gift to Women.

#10 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Doesn't matter, it's going to happen no matter how many times you tell people to read. Like I said, it's easier (and recommended here) to just help instead of being rude or condescending.

It's funny how I just made a post on another thread about how people here at Droidrzr actually care enough to take the time to answer other people`s questions, instead of being rude and telling them to use the blanking search function. Then BAM! This thread comes in from left field and pops me all upside my head. Your exactly right Hicks. It doesn't really matter how many times a question has been asked or answered. It doesn't kill anybody to help another person out. It makes it quicker for them to find the right answer and, it helps keep in line with what the forums here are all about, Help. Sooner or later OP, you'll be the one wanting that question answered. Now which would you prefer, a quick answer from a knowledgeable person such as Spc Hicks, or would you like to spend a half hour or possibly a lot longer searching for the answer? It doesn't hurt to help, is all I'm saying. :-)
Posted Image

#11 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Actually, when you first came to these forums, I recall answering a question for you. May I ask if you used that search function before asking that question. (Jk about the search :-))But I did answer it for you. You even wrote back, this... Have I told you how much I Love you. Lol You must have appreciated the quick answer you got from me, instead of reading or searching for it. :-) I can't remember what exactly your question was, but it must have been important to you, given your response to my answer.
Posted Image

#12 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

So... How do I install the leak?
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#13 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:41 AM

My favorite is. I bricked fast booting from .209 back to .181 can you help me?!

#14 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

Nope, never mind. I like "The crc link is broken. "

#15 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:54 AM

So... How do I install the leak?

[It's-Fastbootable-Back-To-Gingerbread!]:D

#16 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

[It's-Fastbootable-Back-To-Gingerbread!] :D

lol i was jk. I don't ask stupid questions on here lol.
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#17 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

I try to help where I can, but I agree that some folks just want to be spoon fed. When I can, I try to link to the answer. More work for me, but in the long run, it often helps them to get started. When I see repetitive posts like "The crc link is broken.", I usually just shake my head and move on.

#18 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

lol i was jk. I don't ask stupid questions on here lol.

I know, so was I ;)

#19 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

When I see repetitive posts like "The crc link is broken.", I usually just shake my head and move on.

say i got a razr yesterday and dont know much other than i want ics from what ive been hearing about it. go to the thread and get "you know the deal people here are the files". now i dont get helped.

#20 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

i like the idea of making posts with general info on many different things about the razr. then maybe get all devs to put links in there signature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users