#1 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

hello,

Got a xt905 with australian Telstra firmware bought in hong-kong unlocked.

I verified in the specs that it is a quad band before buying but it appears the 850 and 1900mhz bands are not working, it only pick 900 and 2100mhz networks. So i guess it's blocked in firmware.

I found Telstra and Retail australians versions of firmware to use with RSDlite... will the retail version could remove this limitation ? I will compare the 2 modems files in the .zip tonight to see if the file is different.

I also found a hack for the xt907 using RadioComm software, where you change a memory locations 01 to 00 instead to unlock frequencies. Unfortunately the xt905 have already 00 written there.

I'm a little at loss with motorola (was used to modify sony phones). Can someone please could point me in the right direction ?

Did a lot of reading and my head hurt now, and i didn't found anything :-)

thanks!

#2 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

hello,

Got a xt905 with australian Telstra firmware bought in hong-kong unlocked.

I verified in the specs that it is a quad band before buying but it appears the 850 and 1900mhz bands are not working, it only pick 900 and 1800mhz networks. So i guess it's blocked in firmware.

I found Telstra and Retail australians versions of firmware to use with RSDlite... will the retail version could remove this limitation ? I will compare the 2 modems files in the .zip tonight to see if the file is different.

I also found a hack for the xt907 using RadioComm software, where you change a memory locations 01 to 00 instead to unlock frequencies. Unfortunately the xt905 have already 00 written there.

I'm a little at loss with motorola (was used to modify sony phones). Can someone please could point me in the right direction ?

Did a lot of reading and my head hurt now, and i didn't found anything :-)

thanks!

Look on 4pda ru use my google translate links . One of many  is on my 1st reply to the Rabbit's telstra rom @ xda.

Then there is St. Nog..... a  frequent xda & 4pda poster he may help.

#3 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

thank you, sent a message to the guy, will see his answer.

I found that the modem_signed files in the zip are different in the telstra and retail versions, and obviously the system_signed is smaller in the retail than the telstra one.

I guess that is something i could try but have few questions,

1- can i flash official firmwares with rsdlite on a locked bootloader?

(i'm used to sony phones where you can flash any official firmware without unlocking... is this the case with motorola? Can i try the retail firmware on my telstra phone and revert back if needed, without bricking it?)

2- Can i could flash the modem_signed file only ? Could that fix my problem ?

#5 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

thank you, sent a message to the guy, will see his answer.

I found that the modem_signed files in the zip are different in the telstra and retail versions, and obviously the system_signed is smaller in the retail than the telstra one.

I guess that is something i could try but have few questions,

1- can i flash official firmwares with rsdlite on a locked bootloader?

(i'm used to sony phones where you can flash any official firmware without unlocking... is this the case with motorola? Can i try the retail firmware on my telstra phone and revert back if needed, without bricking it?)

2- Can i could flash the modem_signed file only ? Could that fix my problem ?

The latest telstra & xzw have the same radio ....78p. You may be able to rsd signed portions but someone would have to chime in.

#6 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

Are you talking about the basebands version ? Mine ends with 34p ... maybe that's the problem here ?

#7 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Are you talking about the basebands version ? Mine ends with 34p ... maybe that's the problem here ?

Bingo

#8 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Well i tried some modem files, flashing fsq_signed and modem_signed each time and clearing the 2 modemst caches.

Tried .33p, .34p, .66p, .78p and .82p.

With .66p i don't have network, and with the 3 others, i still get only Bell and Telus, no Rogers.

.66p was coming from a Rogers version of the XT925 . I read somewhere that the xt925 have the same modem and the files could work. It don't work.  but i didn't had the corresponding fsq_signed file that go with it though.

I begin to think it's maybe locked somewhere else ? Or maybe a defective phone ? (unlikely but who knows).

#9 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Well i tried some modem files, flashing fsq_signed and modem_signed each time and clearing the 2 modemst caches.

Tried .33p, .34p, .66p, .78p and .82p.

With .66p i don't have network, and with the 3 others, i still get only Bell and Telus, no Rogers.

.66p was coming from a Rogers version of the XT925 . I read somewhere that the xt925 have the same modem and the files could work. It don't work.  but i didn't had the corresponding fsq_signed file that go with it though.

I begin to think it's maybe locked somewhere else ? Or maybe a defective phone ? (unlikely but who knows).

The newest xml is on xda razr m dev sec!

Telstra retail.

#10 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Yeah i tried these both. it's 33p (retail australia) and 34p (telstra australia).

One thing i have not tried is flash the complete firmware of these two. Not sure if i can/could/should :-)

#11 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah i tried these both. it's 33p (retail australia) and 34p (telstra australia).

One thing i have not tried is flash the complete firmware of these two. Not sure if i can/could/should :-)

I am on the Rabbit's deodexed mod & it IS the same as telstra retail & has ...78p bb.

Do You have a UL bootloader? 

#12 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

No unlocked bootloader.

Now this is getting strange. I flash the retail version telstra firmware, boot the phone, search for networks, and here it is, rogers wireless network! I was almost dancing in the room.

But as soon as i want to select it, or put my simcard in the phone, it disapear :-(  Did try a second time, same thing ! Rogers is there at first boot, put the simcard in and disapear.

Now trying to flash the telstra firmware (what it was supposed to have at first) but i get invalid path errors when rsdlite decompress. Trying to figure that out now.

#13 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Also, the .78p and .82p i get no network at all ... they are both files i take from the XT907 rom (fsg.mbn and NON-HALOS.bin that i rename fsg_signed and modem_signed) . The baseband number change, but the phone got nothing for networks with these basebands.

#14 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

With telstra firmware (the non-retail one) i don't get rogers wireless showing up at all.

Talk about strange.

#15 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I think Your phone is unlockable All the 905s are? Google it.

#16 Rickozx

Rickozx

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Unlock the bootloader ?

What options that would give me to try ?

Is there a chance carbon rom or pacman would fix my issue ?

Phone came with android 4.1.2 already installed, i didn't find a way to unlock the BL... think it works only on older version.

#17 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Unlock the bootloader ?

What options that would give me to try ?

Is there a chance carbon rom or pacman would fix my issue ?

Phone came with android 4.1.2 already installed, i didn't find a way to unlock the BL... think it works only on older version.

I do not think telstra fixed the hole.

The unlock apk is here 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Edit do some research - google it.

#18 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

But then you should do some searching to know where you stand with the 905 & BL unlock. If it was mine I just try the apk.

#19 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

The 905 is factory unlockable via moto-dev (I think?)
No need to use motopocalypse (and it won't work without root anyways)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users