28 replies to this topic

#1 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

Hey guys,

Just rooted my razr last week an joined here. Currently running on the eclipse ROM.

My issue is tapatalk is crashing on me pretty often. It did this when the phone was stock too. It seems to only do it on picture heavy threads an from the text in the email it generates it looks like the phone is out of memory???

I know exactly when its going to do it because the screen will get sluggish an won't scroll. I had been told to wipe the apps cache, but it happens no matter how much its in there. It has happened as low as 88k an as high as 4+M

#2 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:41 AM

Sometimes I have to go into tapatalk's settings and turn off avatars.... sucks but it should solve your fc's.... something about certain avatars will automatically cause a fc... if you narrow it down to a specific person's avatar you can nicely bring it up to them through pm or chat... I once very nicely and respectfully mentioned to someone that their avatar pic was causing me fcs and they were nice enough to change their avatar...

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#3 vash_h

vash_h

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Google+:chiayx
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

Used to crash often, but after I upgraded to tapatalk 2, no more crash..

Sent from my XT910
Running Rooted Motorola Droid XT910 on 65.1.21.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

#4 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

Just turned off avatars an will give that a shot.

Im on version 2.0.2 already....

#5 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well that didn't help, it just crashed again, same issue.

Any other ideas?

#6 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

On .211 ics now. Maybe that will help????

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:50 AM

On .211 ics now. Maybe that will help????

Does the app have an update?

Instead of only clearing the cache, try clearing data as well. *Warning* If you do, you will have to log back in and reset all the forums you currently have added.

#8 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Well just crashed again.

Ya apparently it does have an update. Guess I will have to break down an buy it. I've been using a version a friend gave me but it was the current one at the time. Its 2.0.2 an according to the store the app is 2.1.3 now....

#9 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Well on stock rooted ics .211 now, updated to the newest greatest version of tapatalk 2.1.3 (paid an dl from google play) still crashing with out of memory errors. Is this a hardware issue with my phone? With 1 gb of ram this thing should have plenty of memory?????

#10 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Any ideas anyone? Now running Arctic an still getting out of memory fc's. This is annoying since I'm on tap a talk a lot....

#11 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

I get fcs and random slow moments. Just seems to be the app

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#12 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

This sums it up for me

#13 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Usually its notifications I have with the app... have you tried any of the xparent?

#14 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

This sums it up for me

How often does it happen for you guys? This is by far my most used app. Some days it will crash once an hr, sometimes only once a day. The frequent crashes are what bother/irratate me. Once or twice a day i could deal with, but every hr is to much.

There are times i open the app, then a forum, then a thread an it will crash while loading the thread...

#15 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

How often does it happen for you guys? This is by far my most used app. Some days it will crash once an hr, sometimes only once a day. The frequent crashes are what bother/irratate me. Once or twice a day i could deal with, but every hr is to much.

There are times i open the app, then a forum, then a thread an it will crash while loading the thread...

Probably once or twice a day. Sometimes more. Other than FB and texting, its my most used app

#16 robfowler31

robfowler31

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Locationmissouri

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

I havent experienced any fc's but it doesnt wanted to load photos that are on certain posts... Sometimes it might load one and then stop...

Sent from my DROIDRAZR freezing in the ArCtIc ICS...

#17 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Gaaahhh this, newest update is the worst ever. Crashing at least every ten mins!!!!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one here with this issue. Its getting super annoying!!!!!!

#18 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Gaaahhh this, newest update is the worst ever. Crashing at least every ten mins!!!!!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one here with this issue. Its getting super annoying!!!!!!

It crashes more often here too

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

#19 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:44 AM

Well fastbooted back to stock .211 using the 1.81 utility. Got everything set backup an running then went to .215 through recovery. It has only closed about 5 times on me today so far....

I think I'm just going to stay here for now, my maxx should be here today or tomorrow. I will root it an all instead, tired of setting everything up again an again here lately.....

#20 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

Tapatalk has been crashing on me for quite some time now. Happens every so often and when I start to see any signs of a slow down I just clear cache (always good to check) and FC the app myself. Helps most of the time, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users