2 replies to this topic

#1 Scipio

Scipio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

So I have safestrap installed and everything, I have my backup of my actual phone in non-safe mode, is it possible to make a backup of the rom I am currently using? I want to try other roms, but I also want to keep the data on the rom I am currently using since I like it and don't want to go through the hassle of setting it all back up again if I don't like the other rom. So, am I able to do that? I'm on the ics .211 leak and using safestrap 2.0 if that helps at all. Thank you for the help!

eb7gn6.png

#2 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Sure, just reboot and do a backup in Safestrap while on the safe side. It will back up your data and system. You can then flash another ROM, following the directions for that particular ROM, and back it up as well. Do that as many times as you like or until you run out of space. Obviously, any ROM you pick must be compatible with your non-safe kernel.

The backups are stored in /safestrap/backup on either internal or external storage (you choose that when you make the backup). Once you've played all you want and are ready to go back to what you have now, just wipe /cache & dalvik cache and restore the backup.

#3 Scipio

Scipio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Wow that was a lot more info than I was expecting, thank you so much for the reply! :)

eb7gn6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users