nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

I saw that 1.0 was a system.img file to be put in place in whichever slot. I assume that it does a dd if=system.img of=SafestrapSystem.inf? 1.1 was a system directory inside the zip. Are the resulting system directories otherwise identical?

Partially related - all blur based ROMs have run fine apart from the camera not working on any of them. I was putting off the fxz to fix it until I confirmed it with multiple ROMs. Going to try renaming my Android, .android_secure, and Data directories on my internal SD to see if there's remnants from some other ROM messing it up

Well the whole purpose of version 1.0 being a System.img is so that when installing it with the latest SS all the symlinks and permissions stick since every time I tried installing a blur base ROM with SS 3.53 it always gave errors during those parts of the updater script. As I have stated before that ver.1.1 is identical other then some different Overclock scripts and the updater script, that is why it is a SS 3.11 installation only. I takes to much time to create the System.img installation that I am putting it off till ver.1.2 is complete.

As far as Camera not working on any Blur base ROMs then buddy you might have some major hardware issues. Mine works perfectly fine on any Blur based ROM without issues. Installing Blur Base ROMs through SS will not damage your SafeSide. That was clearly why Hashcode created it. Hell I still have my safe side untouched with the exception of rooting it for installing SS recovery. Every now and then I will boot back into it just to update the Stock apps that I use and to switch to different versions of SS recovery.

new_animated_sig.gif

#102 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

I'm going say it's not likely hardware related, since it works with every camera app on all the kexec ROMs I've used, whether I compiled them or downloaded them. Every time. I never did try it with stock, though. Took the JB OTA, rooted, safestrapped, and don't touch stock. I'm just really not wanting to FXZ because it's such a tedious pain in the sphincter process

--- Update ---

Camera doesn't work in stock either. The only things that are a constant between stock, and all slots, are the SD and ExternalSD, so I guess it's time to start clearing out the built up crap

#103 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

To me it sounds like you got a bad update to the stock kernel. Kexec kernel probably fixes a lot of issues you have since it leaches onto the stock and over rides to match what changes Hashcode has added onto it. The only fix to enjoy stock base ROMs once more is to use the HOB utility. Sam has a new one out that looks really nice. Of course you will have to root after wards all over, but once done it is easy from there. Did it twice so far, once because I had to and the second was to test out the windows version. I myself like the HOB windows version, but I use Linux to re-root.

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

new_animated_sig.gif

#104 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

I didn't think there even was a Windows root for the Bionic. I'm dreading the process and putting it off primarily because I have so few issues with the kexec ROMs. Haven't played with stock kernel builds in ages (Eclipse for the ICS builds) and thought I'd give them a shot.

Now that I see the camera isn't working on my stock side either, I'll have to go and start fresh again. Damn it.

#105 shep419

shep419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Twitter:@shep42o

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:15 AM

Glad I could keep root and update

#106 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

I didn't think there even was a Windows root for the Bionic. I'm dreading the process and putting it off primarily because I have so few issues with the kexec ROMs. Haven't played with stock kernel builds in ages (Eclipse for the ICS builds) and thought I'd give them a shot.

Now that I see the camera isn't working on my stock side either, I'll have to go and start fresh again. Damn it.

Well it is not per say a Windows version, but more like a easier way to do it in windows using a VM setup. Haven't tried it since I use Linux 99% of the time. lol

• Int_Rnd_Pooka likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#107 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Well it is not per say a Windows version, but more like a easier way to do it in windows using a VM setup. Haven't tried it since I use Linux 99% of the time. lol $3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

Exactly. I use windows for gaming, but linux for anything else. It's exceedingly difficult to compile AndroidOS in windows without a VM. I do have the VM appliance for rooting, but haven't done it in a while

#108 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hell just go over to the HOB tread and follow the link there to the motoshare exploit. If you are running and know how to use Linux it is very easy to re-root your phone with the processes that the guy shows you. Just follow it to the T because you know how Linux is. I have done it twice, once with Ubuntu 13.10 and the 2nd on Linux Mint 15 (Currently running). 

new_animated_sig.gif

#109 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hell just go over to the HOB tread and follow the link there to the motoshare exploit. If you are running and know how to use Linux it is very easy to re-root your phone with the processes that the guy shows you. Just follow it to the T because you know how Linux is. I have done it twice, once with Ubuntu 13.10 and the 2nd on Linux Mint 15 (Currently running). 

I've already done it twice as well, but I'm using the VM appliance to do it. Just finished running the full FXZ (I pulled my MicroSD because I don't trust that it will be excluded from the FXZ, even though I have read the xml time and again and know for a fact that it will be safe)

Just finished the FXZ, rebooting for the first time, and about to root. I recall that I omitted the cdt.bin from my FXZ when I originally made the jump to JB. It allowed for me to FXZ back to ICS if I were so inclined. I have to wonder if that was causing the issue with the camera. Kernel module mismatch, perhaps?

Camera is working in stock, so that's a plus. Will hopefully be working once I safestrap and flash your build 1.0

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#110 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Update- all systems go. Camera fully functional.
  • B.E.McAllister and nobe1976 like this

#111 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Twitter:jpr9845
  • Google+:jpr9845
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

I am having a problem with Google search. Whether using voice or keyboard, I get an error telling me Google search has stopped working. Not sure what to do to troubleshoot. Can I just re-flash the ROM?

Other than that issue, I really love this ROM, abandoned Red Hot for this one!

#112 Tattooz305

Tattooz305

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

I am having a problem with Google search. Whether using voice or keyboard, I get an error telling me Google search has stopped working. Not sure what to do to troubleshoot. Can I just re-flash the ROM?

Other than that issue, I really love this ROM, abandoned Red Hot for this one!

Sounds like a Google issue. Why not delete the app, reboot then add it again. Try that first

Sent from my Revolutionized Bionic 4.1.2

• nobe1976 likes this

#113 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

Sounds like a Google issue. Why not delete the app, reboot then add it again. Try that first

Sent from my Revolutionized Bionic 4.1.2

That worked! I can't believe I didn't think of trying that. Thanx!!!

#114 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

And that's why I hate themed gapps. When Google updates their framework and services, those themed apps can break. Since they're not signed and not the actual Google app, they won't update via the play store. You're stuck with a broken app.

#115 jpr9845

jpr9845

JPR9845

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

And that's why I hate themed gapps. When Google updates their framework and services, those themed apps can break. Since they're not signed and not the actual Google app, they won't update via the play store. You're stuck with a broken app.

Yeah, I am really glad I have Titanium so I can delete those apps. Then download it and it will update.

#116 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yeah, I am really glad I have Titanium so I can delete those apps. Then download it and it will update.

I remember having to do that process with some apps that weren't in the play store yet, before google started putting as many of their pieces and parts out for download as stand alone apps

Booting into SS 2.x, opening file manager and copying apps into /system/apps to replace the themed ones.

#117 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I would like to point out that this issue wasn't due to themed gapps. The 1.0 version never had theme Google search in it. Stock Velvet app was left alone. I had the same issue and have fixed this on the up coming update.

• Int_Rnd_Pooka and Eiht like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#118 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

This the only sneak peek that you are going to get on the progress of ver. 1.2.

Attached Files

• Int_Rnd_Pooka, matjmonk and bpambrose like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#119 Int_Rnd_Pooka

Int_Rnd_Pooka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

I would like to point out that this issue wasn't due to themed gapps. The 1.0 version never had theme Google search in it. Stock Velvet app was left alone. I had the same issue and have fixed this on the up coming update.

Understand completely, but I'm a bit gun shy of themed versions of signed apps because of past experiences

#120 bpambrose

bpambrose

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, TFT700

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Chomping at the bit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users