9 replies to this topic

#1 tru7h

tru7h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Ok. I think I have looked just about every where for this answer. My phone is rooted. I used motochopper to unlock the bootloader. Installed Safestrap 3.12 (3.50 was buggy for me). Booted into safestrap recovery, tried to install CM 10.1.3-RC from Cyanogenmod website. Install says was successful, wiped cache, factory reset, and internal storage per other posts. Reboot phone and just get blank black screen. I can reboot back into Safestrap with power, volume up+down, but will not boot into the CM 10.1 Tried to make a backup of the CM 10.1 rom, and reinstalled and still same result. Any ideas? I would prefer to not use fastboot because it has given me problems. Thanks.

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

I your bootloader is unlocked, why are you using SafeStrap?  You're probably getting the black screen because CM10.1 is not designed to be used with SS.  Try installing TWRP or CWM and reflashing.  You should be good-to-go after that. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 tru7h

tru7h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

I your bootloader is unlocked, why are you using SafeStrap?  You're probably getting the black screen because CM10.1 is not designed to be used with SS.  Try installing TWRP or CWM and reflashing.  You should be good-to-go after that. 

I tried using different TWRPs in fastboot and kept giving me problems. Was saying variable not supported. Am I using the wrong TWRP? I have tried different ones and keeps giving me the same message.And was pretty sure CWM doesn't work on Razr M. Is there a link for a proper recovery image that will work because everyone i have used to this point gives me the variable not supported message

#4 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Motochopper only provides root. If you did not use motopocalypse you are not unlocked. If you have taken the July ota you will no longer be able to unlock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

• neckchop and RikRong like this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:04 PM

Motochopper only provides root. If you did not use motopocalypse you are not unlocked. If you have taken the July ota you will no longer be able to unlock.

^^^That is the key here. I guess I need to learn to read a little better.

If you are only rooted, you defnitely won't be able to use CM10.1, unless you modify it to work with SS. Avi posted a SS comptible updated ROM over on XDA. If you flash in SS, make sure you set up a ROM slot and don't flash over stock. Lately, a lot of people have missed this.

#6 tru7h

tru7h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

I'm rooted already (used motopocalypse) and I'm bootloader unlocked (used motochopper). And I have not taken the OTA update.

^^^That is the key here. I guess I need to learn to read a little better.

If you are only rooted, you defnitely won't be able to use CM10.1, unless you modify it to work with SS. Avi posted a SS comptible updated ROM over on XDA. If you flash in SS, make sure you set up a ROM slot and don't flash over stock. Lately, a lot of people have missed this.

Rooted and bootloader unlocked already. When you read the cyanogenmod wiki it says that 10.1 is compatibly with SS. If there is a modified CM update by "AVI" then do you have a link? And I tried setting it up in slot 1. The install took, wiped, factory reset, etc already but only in slot 1. Stock is there still with backed up.

#7 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

I'm rooted already (used motopocalypse) and I'm bootloader unlocked (used motochopper). And I have not taken the OTA update.

Rooted and bootloader unlocked already. When you read the cyanogenmod wiki it says that 10.1 is compatibly with SS. If there is a modified CM update by "AVI" then do you have a link? And I tried setting it up in slot 1. The install took, wiped, factory reset, etc already but only in slot 1. Stock is there still with backed up.

Avi's ROM is stock based, but updated to work on a locked bootloader with SS.  Motochopper roots and Motopocalypse unlocks, just a simple mix up in verbage.  If you've got it going, then I guess everything's good.  However, since your bootloader is unlocked, you should get rid of SS, install an aftermarket recovery and flash away. 

#8 tru7h

tru7h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Avi's ROM is stock based, but updated to work on a locked bootloader with SS.  Motochopper roots and Motopocalypse unlocks, just a simple mix up in verbage.  If you've got it going, then I guess everything's good.  However, since your bootloader is unlocked, you should get rid of SS, install an aftermarket recovery and flash away. 

What is a good after market recovery? Like I said all the ones I have tried have been no luck (but I was using SS for my recovery just because it was a lot easier). And would my only option thn be using fastboot to flash the recovery?

#9 aviwdoowks

aviwdoowks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

What is a good after market recovery? Like I said all the ones I have tried have been no luck (but I was using SS for my recovery just because it was a lot easier). And would my only option thn be using fastboot to flash the recovery?

Download rom manager & use the photon Q recovery.

Yes, that's easy!

Then go to my goodies @ xda & flash the newest 907

#10 tru7h

tru7h

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

Thanks guys. I think i was under the assumption that you couldn't use Clockworkmod on Razr M. Got it going. Thanks again

• RikRong likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users