• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jagman

jagman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

My RAZR maxx is a refurb that came on 211. I flashed the Xmas eve leak via the original dual boot utility and have been running SS 3.11. Since stable with the working camera, I've been flashing kexec ROMs pretty much exclusively. Lately I've been on pacman 4.3 with JBx and Crossbreeder. Battery life is hit/miss with the typical 4.3 issues. I've been advised that I should be on the latest stock kernal for all that to work right. I thought it wouldn't matter if i am on a kexec rom?

Anyways, to get to official JB ROM, I presume to do that I would need to go back to the unsafe side, back up all data on my pc, then use the original dual boot utility (I still have it!) to go back to official 211 ICS, then use the 1.90 Utility to flash the leak from 211, then flash the official JB ROM from the leak? After that reinstall 3.11 and flash whatever ROM I want on the safe side? I forget what I need to do with voodoo rootkeeper to keep root. Off/on multiple times and end with on or off? Does it even matter since we have the razor blade root tool?

Lastly, do you guys think going to the official JB base is necessary given I only run kexec roms? I was surprised it was recommended. I was thinking about doing a factory reset since the phone is getting old and boggy so I might as well anyways.

Thanks for the input! I've searched quite a bit but its hard to get good info since the issues I'm dealing with revolve around 9 month old stuff. Dealing with the leak seems ancient history!

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

The simple answer, use Matt's utility found here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(All-In-One!)#entry227369 if you choose to upgrade to the latest JB... no need for all the "other stuff":) (rootkeeper, dual boot utility, etc)....

IMO if you enjoy the ROMs that you been running as is, don't upgrade.... cause if you do, and don't like it, you're stuck, you cant go back to ICS.....

Lastly, if you are just looking for a "fresh" start, (and stay on ics) use Matt's 1.82 utility from here

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

........ go back to stock ICS then root, safe strap, etc etc :) (just don't take the OTA that will come up).....

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!
  • jagman likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users