1296 replies to this topic

#161 frkoutboy

frkoutboy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

Oh, I eventually found out what was happening... PDANET was fighting for USB slots so I force-closed it and everything is better. Yay!

• SamuriHL likes this

#162 ogwilson

ogwilson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:27 AM

I am in serious need of some help.

Today, Verizon and Motorola issued an OTA update for the DROID phones. I am on a DROID MAXX. I'd rooted the MAXX using PwnMyMoto, and I accidentally installed the OTA before reverting changes. Now my phone is stuck in a bootloop. (I get as far as the home screen for a few seconds, and then it reboots. I only have a few seconds to turn it off using the power menu.)

I think the OTA already took, and now I have been unsuccessful in using House of Moto to try and restore. If my phone did indeed take the OTA, will I have to wait for the new FXZ files to leak? Or is there something I can do to restore my phone right now?

#163 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

I'll need to think about your situation a little bit. You are correct that you'll need the files for the new version. Do not try to use the previous FXZ as it'll likely fail and make things worse. Your situation is definitely not pleasant. I assume you tried a factory data reset already?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

Non potest esse nisi unus

#164 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

Let me ask this. You took the ota. Did you restore your recovery first? You rooted with pwnmymoto which takes over your recovery and uses it as a rooted system. If you told the update to install but didn't have stock recovery it is boot looping trying to get into recovery only to boot into the other system

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#165 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

Oh hell I forgot about that lovely mess.  In that case you could restore recovery from the existing FXZ and it should work.

• jjcallaw likes this

#166 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

I am in serious need of some help.

Today, Verizon and Motorola issued an OTA update for the DROID phones. I am on a DROID MAXX. I'd rooted the MAXX using PwnMyMoto, and I accidentally installed the OTA before reverting changes. Now my phone is stuck in a bootloop. (I get as far as the home screen for a few seconds, and then it reboots. I only have a few seconds to turn it off using the power menu.)

I think the OTA already took, and now I have been unsuccessful in using House of Moto to try and restore. If my phone did indeed take the OTA, will I have to wait for the new FXZ files to leak? Or is there something I can do to restore my phone right now?

Can you detail the errors you got trying to use the current FXZ with the HoM?  I need to know exactly what's failing for you.  I have other users having similar problems.  I wrote a fix recovery script but if this issue is deeper I need to know.

#167 djnikkofb

djnikkofb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

I have a DROID Mini xt1030, will the xt1080 Script work? I used pwnmyroot method, and FROZE the OTA just in case using Titanium. What steps shall I take to succesfully remove root/ Take OTA/ then re-root? (I know to regain root I would use RocMyMoto)

#168 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

I have a DROID Mini xt1030, will the xt1080 Script work? I used pwnmyroot method, and FROZE the OTA just in case using Titanium. What steps shall I take to succesfully remove root/ Take OTA/ then re-root? (I know to regain root I would use RocMyMoto)

Send me the xml file in your xt1030 FXZ.  I THINK it'll work with the xt1080 support, but, let's make sure before you head down that path.  You'd just use the KEEP DATA script to return everything to stock without erasing your data, take your OTA update, and then you're good to reroot with the new exploit. But send me the xml file and I'll verify it'll work and if not I'll add support for it.

#169 djnikkofb

djnikkofb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

XT1030

#170 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

XT1030

Uhhhhh, woa.  That is very very interesting.  Not only is it identical to the xt1080, it's *IDENTICAL* to the xt1080.  I just happened to have the xt1080 maxx fxz open and compared the two.  The ONLY difference is the device name.  So give me a couple minutes and I'll throw together a new script for you guys.  One moment please. (Pretend there's elevator music... :D)

#171 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

And we're back.  :D  If you refresh the OP I bet you'll see something useful.  Enjoy!

#172 djnikkofb

djnikkofb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

Yeah i read somewhere that if you change the  "fastboot scripts" FILES within FOLDER to--> FULL_xt1030 & KEEP-DATA_xt1030, and rsd_scripts FILES within FOLDER to --> FULL_xt1030 & DATA_xt1030 from the "xt1080" that it should work...I'm un-shure though. When I perform this tool will the phone be wiped? Does this process take minutes like previous RSD? or will it be quick, like almost instant fast? How will I know if this worked before I accept the OTA, and ruin the device in to a boot loop? Sorry just want to ask to be 100% sure.

#173 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Yeah i read somewhere that if you change the  "fastboot scripts" FOLDER to--> FULL_xt1030 & KEEP-DATA_xt1030, and rsd_scripts FOLDER to --> FULL_xt1030 & DATA_xt1030 from the "xt1080" that it should work...I'm un-shure though. When I perform this tool will the phone be wiped? Does this process take minutes like previous RSD? or will it be quick, like almost instant fast? How will I know if this worked before I accept the OTA, and ruin the device in to a boot loop? Sorry just want to ask to be 100% sure.

I'm literally LOL right now.   :D  Ok, relax.  I put together a new script for you for the xt1030.  I did all that renaming stuff for you.  LOL.  So just install the xt1030 support file.  Next, your question about whether it'll be wiped or not really depends on you.   :)  There's a KEEP DATA script and a FULL script.  I'll let you guess what they do.   ;)   :D  And  yes, this process will take some time.  You will know if it's successful or not, believe me.  If you're absolutely paranoid, once it's done, reboot into recovery.  If you boot into recovery, you're good to go.  If you boot back into the phone, you're not good to go as the pwnmymoto boot recovery swap is still there and it means something didn't flash right (which you'll be paying attention to when you flash stuff, RIGHT?   :D)  All root will be removed with this script, so, you will have to reroot once you take the OTA.  But you'll be hooked up if you use this script.  Once you run it you'll understand why I'm laughing.   ;)

P.S.  KEEP DATA ;)

#174 djnikkofb

djnikkofb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

(Did the full to be sure) but ERRORS? 
Flashing: FULL_xt1030.bat
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
        1 file(s) copied.
     rebooting into bootloader... OKAY [  0.001s]
   sending 'partition' (32 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (Too many links))

sending 'motoboot' (1588 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file or
directory))
      sending 'logo' (2563 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file or
directory))
     sending 'boot' (10240 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file or
directory))
 sending 'recovery' (10240 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file or
directory))
< waiting for device >
  sending 'system' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 31.649s]
              writing 'system'... OKAY [ 24.623s]
  sending 'system' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 31.244s]
              writing 'system'... OKAY [ 24.218s]
  sending 'system' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 30.539s]
              writing 'system'... OKAY [ 25.212s]
  sending 'system' (262144 KB)...\\

WORKED! GREAT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, SERIOUSLY!!!

#175 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Give me a list of files from your HouseOfMoto\FXZ_xt1030 dir.  Something's wrong.

#176 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

BTW, FULL wipes user data.  That's not really what you wanted.

#177 djnikkofb

djnikkofb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

system.img

recovery.img

obakem_verizon-user-4.2.2-12.9.0Q2.X-160-OBK_TA-14-7-7-release-keys-CFC

NON-HLOS.bin

motoboot.img

logo.bin

gpt.bin

fsg.mbn

boot.img

Windows

ota

mbm-ci

mbm

Linux

Darwin

#178 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

That looks right.  Try switching to RSD flash mode and try again.

#179 djnikkofb

djnikkofb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

RSD didnt work, starts rsd than disappears, should i have the full .zip of the fxz in that xt1030 directory?

I will re-download the FXZ.

#180 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

If RSD isn't working that's a sure sign something isn't installed right.  :)  Go to the HouseOfMoto\rsd directory and run sdl.exe.  What happens when it comes up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users