Photo

[Rom][Cdma] Eclipse Razr Ics V1.5 - (11/3/12)

• Please log in to reply
1468 replies to this topic

#81 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

Same here.Amazing signal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I see people saying amazing signal, but does a rom have anything to do with that? I thought that all depended on the radio (which I know that the ics radio for 211 is different than the gb radio 181)

#82 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I see people saying amazing signal, but does a rom have anything to do with that? I thought that all depended on the radio (which I know that the ics radio for 211 is different than the gb radio 181)

you're right. They're wrong.

#83 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Any help with tether? When I load WiFi Tether using the settings listed in the other ROM post, I get multiple failure messages in WiFi Tether. Also, with this ROM, the Mobiel Hotspot app from Verizon does not exist. I'm thinking that is the issue? Anyone advise?

#84 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Your observation would be correct if the radio would be left stock.i have 3 working roms on my phone.211 leak on the nonsafe side and arctic and eclipse on the safe side.i tested them in the same conditions and eclipse is better with 5-7 dbm.i don't know why though.i just present facts.

#85 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Of course the mobile hotspot is on this ROM. Check the settings and not the app drawer.

#86 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

It depends. The aokp/cm9 used the 211 radios and the signal isn't nearly as good or stable as stock/custom roms based on the 211 leak base.

#87 thefuzz

thefuzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Of course the mobile hotspot is on this ROM. Check the settings and not the app drawer.

Sorry! My bad!

#88 greek6486

greek6486

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Twitter:@greek6486
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Nitro one gripe, where is the amazing camera you were known for from the gingerbread eclipse? I loved that camera :)

sent from my Razr Maxx running Eclipse ICS

#89 ShadER

ShadER

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

Im giving this one a go right now, I loved Eclipse on GB. Nothing else even came close.
RAZR - JB leak/root'd

#90 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

you're right. They're wrong.

MOSTLY but there are a multitude of radio tweaks in any of these ROMs that makes all the difference. ECLIPSE has been rock solid for me for 24 hours now, I know that much.

#91 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

the OP says that Smart Actions can be reinstalled into this ROM, but when I tried d/l'ing the app from the Play store and kept getting fc's. Is there anything else I have to install to get it working properly?

Thanks in advance

I also installed Smart Actions from the store and it force closes quite often when setting up rules. Is there a working Smart Actions for this rom that I can flash possibly, or is there perhaps a fix for this?

Thanks!

#92 fuzzy25

fuzzy25

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:41 PM

Here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Thanks a bunch! Worked perfectly!

#93 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

I also installed Smart Actions from the store and it force closes quite often when setting up rules. Is there a working Smart Actions for this rom that I can flash possibly, or is there perhaps a fix for this?

Thanks!

I tried exhaustively to get smart actions working. The one from the play store was an obvious no-go, so i pulled the ics version apk out of the artic rebloat package. The app ran fine, but none of the rules would activate. The only thing i did not try was installing it as a system app. I start working from home next week and I won't need it so I gave up :-P

#94 Danzoman316

Danzoman316

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:24 AM

Is there any way to disable the search bar without a new launcher or disabling Google search altogether? I use the capacitive search button alot. Otherwise I love it! :wub:

#95 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

Install Apex and disable search bar.

Is there any way to disable the search bar without a new launcher or disabling Google search altogether? I use the capacitive search button alot. Otherwise I love it! :wub:

#96 jb_alphamale

jb_alphamale

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:37 AM

Same here. Love it.

MOSTLY but there are a multitude of radio tweaks in any of these ROMs that makes all the difference. ECLIPSE has been rock solid for me for 24 hours now, I know that much.

#97 nitroglycerine33

nitroglycerine33

Mr. Eclipse

• Developer
  • 224 posts
  • Twitter:nitroglycerin33
  • LocationIowa

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

Is there any way to disable the search bar without a new launcher or disabling Google search altogether? I use the capacitive search button alot. Otherwise I love it!

Open up settings, launcher settings and under homescreens you can remove it.

Posted Image
Donations are not expected but always greatly appreciated. Thank you for supporting Eclipse Rom!
Follow me on Twitter @nitroglycerin33

#98 dfcisneros

dfcisneros

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

By far the smoothest rom I have used to date. Including stock debloated. 211. My only issue is that it drops to 99% battery a second after it's off the charger. Tried wiping battery stats will try to discharge now and recharge I guess see if that helps. Thanks can not wait for an update to fix camera.

#99 BBEvolution

BBEvolution

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

First for me this was a rom made to order. Cannot express in words how satisfied I am with your creation !!! The attention to detail is awesome, changed the keyboard and flashed Travs Phonesky. What I need is a selection of Eclipse Wallpaper which to my surprise was not included with the rom, DARK CARBON FIBER sorry for shouting. Thanks for you time and effort on this !!! 5 Stars *****

#100 Danzoman316

Danzoman316

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for the quick reply nitro. I completely overlooked that lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users