Photo

[Rom][Cdma] Eclipse Razr Ics V1.5 - (11/3/12)

• Please log in to reply
1468 replies to this topic

#1441 FastKatt

FastKatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:@FastKatt
  • Google+:FastKatt
  • Location37312
  • Current Device(s):D1, DX, Bionic, D4, RazrMaxx, Note2

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Nitro posted on Twitter that he was scrapping the ICS update for a JB update.
  • papanut likes this
Me: Motorola RazrMaxx - Rooted | Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock | Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Rooted | Daughter: Motorola Bionic - Stock | Spare Rooted Phones: LG Vortex & 3 Droid 1s

#1442 hdkilner

hdkilner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

if you want Google Now, here you go...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I installed this and it uses more power, blue tooth voice commands don't work right anymore, anyone know how I can return to original google.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#1443 Venable

Venable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Nitro posted on Twitter that he was scrapping the ICS update for a JB update.

Ugh, Flick and now Eclipse too?

The rush for the sparkly new thing is certainly understandable, but I wish folks would do one last round of tweaks / bug squashes to polish things off before moving on.

Anyway, I shouldn't complain, they're doing this for free and for fun. Looking forward to Eclipse JB.

#1444 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

Ugh, Flick and now Eclipse too?

The rush for the sparkly new thing is certainly understandable, but I wish folks would do one last round of tweaks / bug squashes to polish things off before moving on.

Anyway, I shouldn't complain, they're doing this for free and for fun. Looking forward to Eclipse JB.

what bugs does Eclipse have right now?

Posted Image

#1445 Krunk_Kracker

Krunk_Kracker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Twitter:Krunk_Kracker
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/113737551782095597526
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX, 32gb Nexus 7

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

None.

I've used it for months and it's as good, and better, than stock. So I'm not sure what that guy means...

#1446 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

Eclipse 1.5 is Totally Awesome...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1447 FastKatt

FastKatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Location37312

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

The only thing I could think of is some battery drain & needing the updated GAPPS
Me: Motorola RazrMaxx - Rooted | Wife: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - Stock | Son: Motorola Droid 4 - Rooted | Daughter: Motorola Bionic - Stock | Spare Rooted Phones: LG Vortex & 3 Droid 1s

#1448 Venable

Venable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

None.

I've used it for months and it's as good, and better, than stock. So I'm not sure what that guy means...

Per nitro's post of 12/24 he had an update all but finished with some improvements.

My point is just that it would be nice to have some kaizen development as a complement to the pushing forward to the next thing, but - again - it's not my place to complain about how nitro chooses to spend his time. Just expressing a personal preference. And of course a perfectly legitimate response would be, "Quit whinging and start developing" -- which I am totally incapable of doing.

Sincerely,

"that guy"
  • FastKatt likes this

#1449 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:57 AM

Eclipse runs great when I use it. Updated Gapps? Those things get updates so often that it's a pain for us Devs to keep up with that. I'm not sure what you mean by battery drain? This rom has great battery life.

#1450 FastKatt

FastKatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Location37312

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

1st off, I'm not complaining about anything. Just stating my opinion.

Eclipse runs great when I use it. Updated Gapps? Those things get updates so often that it's a pain for us Devs to keep up with that. I'm not sure what you mean by battery drain? This rom has great battery life.

Updated GAPPS, I'm not talking about small 'bug-fix' updates. I'm talking about larger improvements to the app (that they have had, as of late)

Battery Drain, It's not like I have to find a plug after 2-4hrs of use... But, I personally get about 4 more hrs from the stock ROM than I do from Eclipse.
FWIW, the stock 'Smart Actions' app has more settings (System Updated App?) than the one I can use on Eclipse. So, I'm getting some help there.

That being said, I brag about Eclipse to all my Android friends & wouldn't buy a phone that wasn't being tweaked by Nitro!

#1451 infamous215

infamous215

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Locationmarlborough, Ma
  • Current Device(s):razr m

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Tried installing ROM with safestrap and got to reboot and was told there's no OS installed. Anyone have a clue what's going on? Thanks.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#1452 FastKatt

FastKatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Location37312

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

What SafeStrap are you running?
I'd guess you booted into an empty cell

#1453 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

1st off, I'm not complaining about anything. Just stating my opinion.

Updated GAPPS, I'm not talking about small 'bug-fix' updates. I'm talking about larger improvements to the app (that they have had, as of late)

Battery Drain, It's not like I have to find a plug after 2-4hrs of use... But, I personally get about 4 more hrs from the stock ROM than I do from Eclipse.
FWIW, the stock 'Smart Actions' app has more settings (System Updated App?) than the one I can use on Eclipse. So, I'm getting some help there.

That being said, I brag about Eclipse to all my Android friends & wouldn't buy a phone that wasn't being tweaked by Nitro!

Battery Life is a Full Boat for me...15 hours...Immed/Heavy Usage..

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#1454 thadroidz

thadroidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

has anyone had problems with the video side of the camera?
running 1.5 eclispe with the venom theme. I get FC when trying to use video camera.

edit.
i pulled the camera.apk from the rom and replaced the themed apk and works fine as of now...
---MAXX'ed this post out---

#1455 dubsx

dubsx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 400 posts
  • Twitter:dubs_x
  • LocationThe OH

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

has anyone had problems with the video side of the camera?
running 1.5 eclispe with the venom theme. I get FC when trying to use video camera.

edit.
i pulled the camera.apk from the rom and replaced the themed apk and works fine as of now...

did you ever try clearing data on the camera? This should be a go-to fix attempt if you're getting FCs on any apps.

• FastKatt likes this
Posted Image

#1456 thadroidz

thadroidz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

did you ever try clearing data on the camera? This should be a go-to fix attempt if you're getting FCs on any apps.

yep..
my last resort was to switch them.

I even started over with the rom and clean install, tested camera. flashed theme and issue was there again. II noticed the kb size between the 2 apk's were slightly different, but who know why.
---MAXX'ed this post out---

#1457 hdkilner

hdkilner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hello I posted this question before with no response I'll try again..
I have 1.51 with the Google now I added to it, I do not like Google now messes with my Bluetooth commands can I uninstall Google now?

#1458 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Look in your app drawer and see if you have an app called "voice commands". I don't know if Nitro has it in there or not as I haven't tried this rom. If it's there, that's the voice command thing you're used to using. If you want to be able to use it with bluetooth you can do so by converting "google search" to a user app. I just used Titanium Backup to do it but I believe that all is necessary to do it manually is to move it from the system/app folder to the user/app folder and set permissions. I might be wrong about that but it can't hurt to try it. You can always move it back. Anyway, after you've converted it, the next time you try to use bluetooth voice dialing, you'll be prompted as to whether you want to use google search or voice commands. Choose voice dialing and put a check mark in the box that sets it to the default. That should take care of it.

#1459 Semseddin

Semseddin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Locationİstanbul
  • Current Device(s):XT910

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

I am holding myself for a JB leak based eclipse from nitro.

#1460 Brandroid1984

Brandroid1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Twitter:@brantuck84
  • Google+:brantuck84@gmail.com
  • LocationCullman,Al

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

I don't think nitro does builds based off leaks only ota builds so it might be awhile

Sent from a Eclipsed RAZR Maxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users