#2 hokerussell

hokerussell

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

I've never found one. According to the apps I've found, several cite that there's an issue inherent to certain phone hardware configurations in which the ability to record the conversation on both sides is impossible. Which is why we hear that clicking sound when we use the current call recording apps. Hopefully a dev will figure out what the problem is & create a workaround.

#3 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Google+:shizumie@gmail.com
  • LocationHortens, Ga
  • Current Device(s):DNA

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Only thing that will work on a moto phone is an app in the market that allowes you to call a 3rd party then they record the call and imediatly email it to you. The app is free, but you pay for recording. Its not much, but still not free

I am :ph34r: fear my blade!

Posted Image

#4 worldofross

worldofross

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

You can always use google voice and setup another number to use and record a conversation for any incoming call....oh yea.. that app and service is free :)

#5 neotrixy

neotrixy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Incorrect: THERE IS A CALL RECORDER THAT WORKS ON RAZR. I've been using it for quite a while. You have to be rooted.

It's called "Call Recorder."

You need to also install the ALSA Mixer for this to work. It uses software to record both incoming and outgoing. It is impossible to record using the hardware (for a perfect copy) without a custom made driver specifically for the chipset this phone uses, which hasn't been done and probably never will. But this does work, despite sometimes being a little quiet, it works fine.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 worldofross

worldofross

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

Incorrect: THERE IS A CALL RECORDER THAT WORKS ON RAZR. I've been using it for quite a while. You have to be rooted.

It's called "Call Recorder."

You need to also install the ALSA Mixer for this to work. It uses software to record both incoming and outgoing. It is impossible to record using the hardware (for a perfect copy) without a custom made driver specifically for the chipset this phone uses, which hasn't been done and probably never will. But this does work, despite sometimes being a little quiet, it works fine.

Thanks Neo, I will check it out... :)

#7 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

I downloaded and tried it. The combo does work, but its sketchy. Reviews say it can only record short calls, but I have not tested it yet. The sound quality is . Well . Its there nothing good. But it does work. Razor is NOT a supported device so don't get it and then complain to devs about problems. Also it seems to only work if its running prior to call. This is less than pleasing. I will run it to day to see how much it pulls on battery.

All in all it does work. No where near as good as my current app. But we will see. For 10$ I expected a lot more.

Posted Image

#8 shizumie

shizumie

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHortens, Ga

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Well, after running the app mentioned today I'm disappointed. As to be able to use it, it runs constantly. I am at 15% battery on my razor MAXX @ 15 he's and 30 min of use. I normally get around 48 hrs. There is no way possible I cold make a full day while running this app. If u where to kill the app and try to start it prior to receiving a call it will either ignore the call or sometimes work, sometimes not. You could ignore the call then turn it on and call back, but for that hassle I'm using this app

Which has much much better quality and is more reliable.
All in all a good app, as I used it on my thunderbolt, but a fail on the razr. 10$ waisted. O well

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users