Photo

Help! My radio has fallen, and it can't get up.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

I have 4G/LTE problems, somewhere i broke my radio. It is this way on this ROM, every other, and STOCK. i have rsd'd, fastbooted, and more back to stock so many times, yet still the only way i can get 4G data is to change the radio band to 4G only. on LTE + CDMA/EVDO I am constantly connected to an eHRPD network. I thought maybe this was an APN issue, but i CANNOT seem to correct it. Any ideas? i have been into *#*#4636#*#* and i have heard you shouldn't do this if on verizon, but you have to understand on 4.2.2 it was the ONLY way to get LTE by switching under the Test Info. I get great 3G, around 250kBps download speeds, but i miss the 3mBps download speeds. i can have those speeds if i change the band, but then i can't receive calls, and texts are spotty. sometimes they come thru, sometimes they don't. Anyway, I am no noob, and have tried everything i can think of including flashing modem, and fsg via fastboot, then erasing modemst1 and modemst2, this should give a stock, unaltered radio.. but it doesn't. when i got the phone, new, it had the .66 4.1.2 firmware, and i have flashed .78, and .3 here recently, but no cigar. I have a lot of Android knowledge, so i should be able to try anything suggested. Thx in advance.

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

I've seen this pop up before, no matter what you do you can't get signal.  The solution I've seen was just getting a new sim card.  When I've seen problems like this in the past, someone suggested a new sim card and it has always seemed to work out. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

i have a spare. i will activate it later and let you know.

#4 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • LocationOHIO

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

you saved my rear end again, RikRong. funny, i tried everything, but that. i think the SIM controls APN settings and i think a couple of the APN Profiles got deleted somehow. Thanks again for the suggestion man. hope all is well.
  • neckchop and RikRong like this

#5 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

you saved my rear end again, RikRong. funny, i tried everything, but that. i think the SIM controls APN settings and i think a couple of the APN Profiles got deleted somehow. Thanks again for the suggestion man. hope all is well.

Haha, no problem.  All is well but I'll be spending the next four months getting a nice tan over here in the desert.

R. Long: Pixel 5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users