Photo

Droid Razr XT912 restarts randomly and has no network

Droid Razr XT912 issue no network on Droid RazrXT912 XT912 restarts randomly XT912 shows no network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DRazr912

DRazr912

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

I have a Droid Razr XT912, using on Indian network (GSM). Since last month I have been facing few glitches as mentioned below,

Initially Phone used to lose signals (& they do not back for long time) whenever I be at home or out and frequently it used to get lost while on calls. This continued for a good 3-4 days then one night phone automatically restarted I kept it untouched by the next morning the battery was drained from a good 60% to 5%. While keeping on charge it used to restart randomly on its own. 

Going through xda forums i tried the first step of Motorola drivers  (installed it sucessfully)
Even RSD Lite was Done. I went through the step by step instructions mentioned at xda.
when I hit on start at rsd lite to flash the files till 6 were flashed-then it stopped-and gave an error message of flash failed
and phone was stuck it stated flash failure and phone is locked and i was not able to restart the phone with normal screen, it was stuck on the same screen.
I found out the solution as well on xda (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)
I went through following steps and it was started back again but still it restarts on its own and the network signals are jumping sometime they are full and most of the times they are not there.

Recently, with the help of few experts (John & Matt) from this forum I have tried Droid Razr XT912 Utility from 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

but still it restarts on its own and the network signals are jumping sometime they are full and most of the times they are not there.

Till now it is d same n I want my RAZR back to normal or on ginger bread will do.

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

All you can really do is re-flash again and wipe everything. We arent as savvy on the phones in the foreign countries, but really the only thing you can do is try and re-flash.

If you already used the utility, and are on ICS or JB you cannot go back to GB. In fact, whatever version you are on, you will not be able to go backwards, so dont bother trying.

#3 DRazr912

DRazr912

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

All you can really do is re-flash again and wipe everything. We arent as savvy on the phones in the foreign countries, but really the only thing you can do is try and re-flash.

If you already used the utility, and are on ICS or JB you cannot go back to GB. In fact, whatever version you are on, you will not be able to go backwards, so dont bother trying.

This was a Verizon phone but now I am using on Indian GSM network. I have tried flashing but it stops on 6th file during the progress. However, as you said I will give another try.

Its all right if I m not able to move back to ICS or GB but most importantly I want my Razr to work properly on any version.

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Since its a Verizon phone you can try RSD or try Matts All in one utility.

#5 DRazr912

DRazr912

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Since its a Verizon phone you can try RSD or try Matts All in one utility.

Thanks for that response.

As you have said I have re-flashed using RSD Lite but it does not proceed after 6th file, however, random restart has not been observed since last 5 days. What still pursue me is no network coverage on phone !! I get no signals on phone.

Need comments from Droid Razr experts.....

"cmh714" thanks for your response, what do you say how can I proceed now ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users